Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WIDOW and COLOSSUS - Classic Metal on Divebomb Records

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

WIDOW and COLOSSUS - Classic Metal on Divebomb Records Empty
PostSubject: WIDOW and COLOSSUS - Classic Metal on Divebomb Records   WIDOW and COLOSSUS - Classic Metal on Divebomb Records Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 1:41 pm

WIDOW and COLOSSUS - Classic Metal on Divebomb Records COL_cover_750

OVERVIEW:
In their early careers members of COLOSSUS were in several formidable punk rock acts, but thankfully came to their senses and embraced their irrepressible youthful metal roots. Now, armed with guitars and beer they are storming across the tundra of central North Carolina to conquer the world. COLOSSUS sound as if they were actually taking part in the original NWOBHM scene alongside Saxon, Diamond Head, Iron Maiden and Angel Witch in 1982, but cosmically (and fortunately for us) slipped through a wormhole winding up in 2010. Drunk On Blood spiritedly follows on the heels of their debut album, …And The Rift Of The Pan Dimensional Under-Gods, and only further expands on their love of classic heavy metal, fantasy, folklore, zombies, science fiction and ultimately laying waste to any and all who catch their enthusiastic and sweat-filled live shows. Drunk On Blood is for people who like to party and remember what it was like to make music for fun. When listening to Drunk On Blood your knobs most definitely should be cranked to 11.

TRACK LIST:
01 The Mountain
02 Kill More Better
03 A Year Later (There Is Still Meat Left In The Skull)
04 The Operative
05 Wendigo

http://tribunalrecords.bigcartel.com/product/colossus-drunk-on-blood

WIDOW and COLOSSUS - Classic Metal on Divebomb Records Photo

OVERVIEW:
We originally released this album in 2003 and at that time shocked many loyal Tribunal Records metalcore followers by serving up a dose of traditional metal similar to the likes of Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Mercyful Fate yet with a dash of modern Children Of Bodom flair. In 2010 traditional metal is making huge resurgence in the metal community, but WIDOW since Midnight Strikes' original release have continued carrying the torch having released two more albums (On Fire and Nightlife) via Cruz Del Sur Records.
Having been out of print for years and with the success of our reissue division, Divebomb Records, we have decided to give WIDOW’s debut album a proper release within an arena we think it will be given the respect it finally deserves. The new Midnight Strikes...Twice! (Deluxe Edition reissue features the remastered original album, No Stone Unturned demo plus new band interview and enhanced footage of full 6 song live set from the Midnight Strikes era.

FOR FANS OF:
IRON MAIDEN, JUDAS PRIEST, ANGEL WITCH, TANK, MERCYFUL FATE and WOLF

TRACK LIST:
Midnight Strikes (2003)
01 The Pleasure Of Exorcism
02 Witch Way
03 Angel Sin
04 Nightchild
05 Inside The Sign
06 No Stone Unturned
07 Empire Of Thorns
08 Reunion

No Stone Unturned (Demo – 2002)
09 Angel Sin
10 Reunion
11 No Stone Unturned
12 Empire Of Thorns
13 Inside The Sign

ENHANCED VIDEO
Live @ Lincoln Theatre 3/26/04 (Raleigh, NC)
01 Nightchild
02 Witch Way
03 No Stone Unturned
04 Angel Sin
05 Reunion
06 The Pleasure Of Exorcism

http://tribunalrecords.bigcartel.com/product/widow-midnight-strikes-twice-deluxe-edition
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: WIDOW and COLOSSUS - Classic Metal on Divebomb Records   WIDOW and COLOSSUS - Classic Metal on Divebomb Records Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 2:02 pm

Do you know if the "free domestic shipping" is a limited time offer or standard practice?

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: WIDOW and COLOSSUS - Classic Metal on Divebomb Records   WIDOW and COLOSSUS - Classic Metal on Divebomb Records Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 2:09 pm

Its all up to Matt... he could take it down at any time...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: WIDOW and COLOSSUS - Classic Metal on Divebomb Records   WIDOW and COLOSSUS - Classic Metal on Divebomb Records Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 2:44 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Ahhhh, taking the old "ACT NOW!!! Before it's too late" route. WIDOW and COLOSSUS - Classic Metal on Divebomb Records Icon_razz Well, so far my Tribunal purchases ((Dominance and Solitude) have been exceptional. I just might go for the hat-trick and pick up another.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: WIDOW and COLOSSUS - Classic Metal on Divebomb Records   WIDOW and COLOSSUS - Classic Metal on Divebomb Records Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 3:01 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Ahhhh, taking the old "ACT NOW!!! Before it's too late" route. WIDOW and COLOSSUS - Classic Metal on Divebomb Records Icon_razz Well, so far my Tribunal purchases ((Dominance and Solitude) have been exceptional. I just might go for the hat-trick and pick up another.

No reason not to... WIDOW and COLOSSUS - Classic Metal on Divebomb Records Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: WIDOW and COLOSSUS - Classic Metal on Divebomb Records   WIDOW and COLOSSUS - Classic Metal on Divebomb Records Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 4:24 am

I bought the Widow CD along with the latest LoF. Great stuff.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: WIDOW and COLOSSUS - Classic Metal on Divebomb Records   WIDOW and COLOSSUS - Classic Metal on Divebomb Records Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 3:00 pm

That Widow album RULES!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WIDOW and COLOSSUS - Classic Metal on Divebomb Records   WIDOW and COLOSSUS - Classic Metal on Divebomb Records Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WIDOW and COLOSSUS - Classic Metal on Divebomb Records
Page 1 of 1