Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alter Bridge III

Go down 
+8
shamgar75
Starman
dirtracin1
tohostudios
thejokeriv
scottmitchell74
manny
MetalRob331
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Alter Bridge III - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 10:01 pm

The new song "Isolation" is very cool. Mark's playing is more metal than ever.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 3:38 am

Troublezone wrote:
The new song "Isolation" is very cool. Mark's playing is more metal than ever.

That song crushes!!!! This is gonna blow my mind!!!!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.co.uk/page/News?news_id=100106
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 6:53 am

For those who have't heard the new single off the new album out Oct 11, in the UK!!!

Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 11:06 pm

Great track - can't wait to hear the whole album Alter Bridge III - Page 2 604261
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 10:30 pm

Another track released for download. Mark has a ton of vocals on this song and man he sounds great. I prefer Isolation over this track but man listen to Myles singing at the end. EPIC!!!

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 2:10 am

SO I finally sat down and listened to AB3!!! Upon first listen it didn't grab me as fast as Blackbird did, but of course I hold that album up to some of the best in the hard rock/genre. AB3 almost has this progressive feel to it that really starts to show the more you listen to it. Of course Myles vocals are amazing and Mark's riffs and solos are top notch once again.

As for the songs "I know it Hurts" jumped out upon first listen. Great melody and groove to it, with a killer chorus. "Slip to the Void" opens the album and is a very dynamic almost progressive track and the solo parts by Mark shred. Other tracks I really enjoy are, Still Remains, Isolation, Show me a Sign, and Coeur D Alene...

Be prepared for haunting melodies, killer musicianship, and just great hark rock/metal...

AB3 leaves me wanting more and will be up there in my top 10 of 2010...

Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 11:04 pm

Oh man I gotta get this soon!!!!

headbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 3:57 pm

shamgar75 wrote:
Oh man I gotta get this soon!!!!

headbanger

I held my expectations so high for this album and upon first listen I was disappointed. Then the next run through those haunting melodies just started jumping out. This album is very progressive, it has a ton of time changes and instrumental breaks. WOW!!!

Mark once again steals the show here with some tasty riffs, killer melodic solos, and shred. So after about 10 full spins of this album I will say it's not up to par with Blackbird and not as melodic as One Day Remains. What this album does deliver is a music journey, haunting melodies, killer musicianship, and a whole different sound from the previous two... WHAT MORE CAN YOU WANT!!!!

These guys have found there sound... 4.5/5
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 4:44 pm

I still can't understand the appeal of this band to metal fans. Not saying they're bad—they're not—just that they sound like a million other bands out there doing the same thing just as well, or better. I know I've said that before, but I can't help repeating it every time I seeing someone gushing over these guys.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 2:07 am

If i see this for a good price i'll get it.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 6:31 am

Eyesore wrote:
I still can't understand the appeal of this band to metal fans. Not saying they're bad—they're not—just that they sound like a million other bands out there doing the same thing just as well, or better. I know I've said that before, but I can't help repeating it every time I seeing someone gushing over these guys.

EYE, most of the hype around Alter Bridge is due to Mark Tremonti on guitar. The guy is one heck of a guitar player and the best in rock if you ask me. Alter Bridge also IMO has better musicianship then mostly all the other modern rock/metal bands out there. Myles Kennedy is known as one of the best if not best singers in rock. So there is a few reasons why these guys appeal to the metal fans or any fans in general..

I also tend to wonder what bands you feel play this style of music. AB has a very unique almost classic rock/metal sound. Its very unique to me.

Listen to the track below and tell me what bands are playing this style of music in modern rock?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alter Bridge III
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2