Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alter Bridge III

Go down 
+8
shamgar75
Starman
dirtracin1
tohostudios
thejokeriv
scottmitchell74
manny
MetalRob331
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Alter Bridge III Empty
PostSubject: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 5:10 pm

New album will be entitled "Alter Bridge III" and this is my most anticipated album of 2010. Track listing has just been released and man I'm super excited....

http://www.alterbridge.com/html/2010/08/09/new-alter-bridge-albums-title-and-tracklisting/

Hello Alter Bridge Nation,

We told you that we would give you information as soon as we get it and now we are making good on that pledge. We have decided to name our upcoming album AB III. It is simple yet effective, in our opinion.

We have also chosen which songs will be on the album and we think all of you fans will be very happy about what we chose. We will update this track listing throughout the day so stay tuned to this message for updates.

AB III (Album Title)

Track 1) Slip To The Void

Track 2) Isolation

Track 3) Ghost Of Days Gone By

Track 4) All Hope Is Gone

Track 5) Still Remains

Track 6) Make It Right

Track 7) Wonderful Life

Track 8 I Know It Hurts

Track 9) Show Me A Sign

Track 10) Fallout

Track 11) Breathe Again

Track 12) Coeur D’Alene

Track 13)
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Alter Bridge III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 5:15 pm

This will be the greatest album in the history of mankind, all music will seem like it was created by a bunch of tools when this magnum opus hits the shelves.

This album will better then sex, cold beer after a hot summer night, better then a 1000 lap dances, it will be the mother's milk of rock music, it will save rock n roll .
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Alter Bridge III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 5:19 pm

Looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Alter Bridge III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 6:21 pm

manny wrote:
This will be the greatest album in the history of mankind, all music will seem like it was created by a bunch of tools when this magnum opus hits the shelves.

This album will better then sex, cold beer after a hot summer night, better then a 1000 lap dances, it will be the mother's milk of rock music, it will save rock n roll .

Laughing very hard

Are you sure better than sex or 1000 lap dances?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Alter Bridge III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 6:35 pm

So, did Creed break up again?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Alter Bridge III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 6:38 pm

manny wrote:

Alter Bridge III Lol Alter Bridge III 201269

I really shouldn't laugh; I have my own fanboy bands...

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Alter Bridge III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 6:52 pm

manny wrote:

EXACTLY!!! You said it best.... Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
dirtracin1
Metal student
Metal student
dirtracin1

Number of posts : 140

Alter Bridge III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 7:28 pm

from what a friend at work told me, both bands are still gonna exist, but will alternate, Creed does an album and tour, then Alter Bridge will get together and do their thing. Not sure how much truth there is to that though, but sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Alter Bridge III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 7:31 pm

dirtracin1 wrote:
from what a friend at work told me, both bands are still gonna exist, but will alternate, Creed does an album and tour, then Alter Bridge will get together and do their thing. Not sure how much truth there is to that though, but sounds interesting.

And I will continue to avoid both bands assiduously.

Metal novice
Metal novice
Starman

Number of posts : 12

Alter Bridge III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:08 pm

Counting down the days till ABIII. Alter Bridge III 604261
Back to top Go down

Alter Bridge III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:29 pm

I'm guessing Manny is mocking somebody.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Alter Bridge III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:32 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Sadly they will still be around
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

Alter Bridge III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 10:12 pm

Really looking forward to the new album - one of the few solid newer rock bands out there.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Alter Bridge III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 10:17 pm

manny wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Sadly they will still be around

I guess the Alter Bridge Music Section can only handle so much Scott Strap-On
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Alter Bridge III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:26 pm

tohostudios wrote:
dirtracin1 wrote:

And I will continue to avoid both bands assiduously.

+ 1,000,000.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Alter Bridge III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:41 am

Posted by Mark Tremonti's brother on the AB forum...

Some more nuggets of info...

1) Show Me A Sign is, quite possibly, even more epic than Words Darker Than Their Wings. Solos by both Mark and Myles. And it is very dark. Case in point... one of the lyrics is "To the dark, I am born." Incredible ending by Flip on the drums!

2) Myles lets his voice fly on Breathe Again, in stunning fashion. I'm not sure if the part in Breathe Again or the vocal gymnastics he does at the end of Words Darker Than Their Wings is more impressive.

3) The guitar line that Mark opens up Ghost Of Days Gone By with is pretty unique. I truly have not heard anything like it and Myles told Mark that it could be the best part he has ever written. What he is doing sounds pretty complex, yet beautiful and I can not wait to see him play it just so I can see how he does it. And I do not want my talking about the opening guitar to overshadow the song itself. It is an absolute monster!

4) Isolation will crush you like a bug. Without a doubt, this song is pure bone-crunching metal and aggressive in a way you have not seen before by Alter Bridge. Harder than White Knuckles.

5) In my opinion, all four band members shine on this album brighter than ever before. Again, this album was constructed to take the listener on a hell of a ride so be sure to listen to it all the way through when you get it in order to get the full effect.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

Alter Bridge III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:42 pm

Thanks for the post - really really looking forward to it now happy
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Alter Bridge III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 8:03 am

SOME NEW NEWS!!!

American rock band ALTER BRIDGE has inked a deal with Roadrunner Records for all territories except North America. The group's third album, "AB III", will be released on October 8. The CD was produced by Michael "Elvis" Baskette, who has previously worked with CHEVELLE and RATT.

Commented songwriter/guitarist Mark Tremonti, "There is a real sense of excitement in the ALTER BRIDGE camp to be able to partner-up with Roadrunner. With their proven track record worldwide and the hard work we have put in touring internationally, it seems like the perfect combination." Wally van Middendorp, Roadrunner's Senior VP International, added, "I am extremely pleased that we have added ALTER BRIDGE to our international artist roster and I am confident the band will reach the next level with their upcoming record."

"AB III" track listing:

01. Slip To The Void
02. Isolation
03. Ghost Of Days Gone By
04. All Hope Is Gone
05. Still Remains
06. Make It Right
07. Wonderful Life
08. I Know It Hurts
09. Show Me A Sign
10. Fallout
11. Breathe Again
12. Coeur D'Alene
13. Life Must Go On
14. Words Darker Than Their Wings

Lead singer Myles Kennedy told The Pulse of Radio that the follow-up to 2007's "Blackbird" will be a "darker" effort. "There is certainly a common thread throughout the, almost the entire record," he said. "It's lyrically a pretty dark album, probably the darkest record I've been a part of. Just a lot of questions personally that I had over the last few years, just things I was struggling with, and it was a very cathartic record for me, just to kind of get that all out. I mean, that's generally the way I personally like to write lyrics, for things that are honest and from the heart."

Kennedy also spoke to The Pulse of Radio about how he and and his bandmates approached the new album from a songwriting perspective. "There's a certain spontaneity to this record basically because of the fact that we arranged it in a much shorter period of time and the way we tend to write, it's very part-oriented," he said. "Mark and I will basically stockpile musical ideas and melodic ideas. And then it's kind of like putting a puzzle together. So we get together with Brian [Marshall, bass] and Scott [Philips, drums/keyboards] and we get everything to gel together in the context of the arrangement. There is certainly a common thread throughout the, almost the entire record," he said. "It's lyrically a pretty dark album, probably the darkest record I've been a part of. Just a lot of questions personally that I had over the last few years, just things I was struggling with, and it was a very cathartic record for me, just to kind of get that all out. I mean, that's generally the way I personally like to write lyrics, for things that are honest and from the heart."

ALTER BRIDGE plans to hit the road in October after the album is out, starting with a European tour.

A spring 2011 supporting slot with GODSMACK is planned for next March.

Kennedy is currently touring with Slash as his live lead vocalist, after singing two numbers on the guitarist's debut solo album.

The instrumental members of ALTER BRIDGE are touring this summer in their other band, CREED.

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Alter Bridge III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 10:49 am

Looking forward to it...for my money, this is the BEST of the contemporary hard rock bands...

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Alter Bridge III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 4:42 pm

Tremonti explains a lil more in detail about the album here....

Roadrunner Records are delighted to announce the release of American rock band ALTER BRIDGE’s third album, AB III, in October 2010. The acclaimed band, fronted by Myles Kennedy and also including Mark Tremonti, Brian Marshall and Scott Philips, will follow up the release with European dates between 16 October and 4 December.

“We’ve been wanting to pair up with Roadrunner for a while now,” says Tremonti. “We’ve always thought it would be the perfect home for us, especially with all the other acts on the Roadrunner roster, so we really wanted to make it happen.” He adds: “We’re real excited to get the record out. We lock ourselves into a room 24 hours a day when we’re doing a record, and we put everything we had into AB III. It’s been a whirlwind!”

Looking back at Alter Bridge’s brief but tumultuous career to date, you can’t help but agree with him. Formed in 2004 by Tremonti and Phillips after a cooling of their relationship with Creed singer Scott Stapp (Creed has since reconciled and reunited), the new band hooked up with then ex-Creed bassist Marshall and former Mayfield Four frontman Kennedy (who now also fronts Slash’s touring band) and recorded their debut album, One Day Remains. The album soon went gold in the USA and spawned three singles and, in addition, the now-classic WWE Superstar Edge’s theme, Metalingus.

Alter Bridge’s rise was swift, with Tremonti becoming a regular cover artist in guitar magazines due to his unearthly axemanship. A second album, Blackbird, was released in 2007 and also produced a slew of singles, among them Watch Over You, used to promote VH-1’s Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew. A world tour followed and helped to ram home the Alter Bridge message to hundreds of thousands of fans.

So what is that message? For the first two albums the theme seemed to be about new beginnings and the struggle to stay positive in the face of adversity. However, on this third album, Tremonti tells us that while all the Alter Bridge members share a common bond musically, their views on many subjects differ. “We all believe different things,” he says. “In fact, the overall theme of this record is Myles’ struggle with faith. He has trouble believing in anything spiritual, and he really puts that out there. Personally, I don’t believe in organized religion: I think it’s crazy to believe that people are going to burn in hell if they don’t go to the same church that you do.”

One of AB III’s many high points is the song Words Darker Than Their Wings, which refers to the very real dilemma faced by Kennedy when it comes to reconciling the tangible and spiritual worlds. “Myles once said that he didn’t believe in anything,” recalls Tremonti. “I said, ‘You’ve got to believe in something: even Albert Einstein came to believe that this universe was constructed too cleverly to be happenstance’. This turned into Words Darker Than Their Wings, and both Myles and I ended up singing two different vocal lines on it… that alone makes the song much different from anything we have ever done”

AB III is a record of stark contrasts. Produced by the renowned Michael “Elvis” Baskette, the album – whose tracklisting was revealed to the fans via Myspace on August 9 – offers a feast of listening experiences. “We went into the process of putting the record together with a lot of confidence,” Tremonti reveals, “but we didn’t go into it looking to be commercial, or to have radio singles. We just wanted this to be an album that pleased us artistically, through and through.”

“We are always writing,” he continues. “I have ideas that make it onto albums six years after I first wrote them! Most of AB III was written in the last two or three years, but there are some parts that have been around for much longer than that. The very first song, Slip To The Void, has one of my favorite vocal performances ever by Myles – the song is really creepy and lets the listener know the vibe of the record. It’s pretty dark. The intro really sucks you in…”

Darkness isn’t the album’s only emotion, of course – there’s plenty of aggression too. Take Isolation, for instance, which pays homage to classic heavy music. Tremonti: “That’s a more upbeat tune, with some real metal in there – in fact it has a speed metal bridge. It has a melodic chorus, though: melody is still the most important thing for us. There’s no point in being heavy just for the sake of being heavy.”

Producer Baskette, described by Tremonti as “like a fifth band-member”, enabled the band to encompass a whole world of emotion on this album, stretching from the philosophical (“Wonderful Life is about a man who’s losing his wife to a disease. The message is to live each day to the fullest, because you never know what’s going to happen”) to the heartfelt (“Coeur D’Alene is about a safe haven – your home away from home”). Oh, and there’s some hellacious metal darkness on there as well – from sources you might not expect. “My favorite song on the record – and the darkest – is Show Me A Sign”, explains Tremonti, adding with a chuckle: “I was into Celtic Frost and Venom when I was growing up: this isn’t a metal song, but it certainly contains a brooding darkness that is palpable!”

Put all this together and what do you have? A dynamic album that truly takes the listener on a complex and almost harrowing musical journey. You might think you had Alter Bridge all figured out with albums one and two. With AB III, Alter Bridge will shatter your expectations and take you on a ride you will not soon forget.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Alter Bridge III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 5:51 pm

I don't dislike Alter Bridge, but there are tons of bands doing similar styles that are far better. And those bands get mocked!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Alter Bridge III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 4:08 am

Eyesore wrote:
I don't dislike Alter Bridge, but there are tons of bands doing similar styles that are far better. And those bands get mocked!

I like a lot of those other bands as well but they dont touch the musicianship and feel that AB does IMO. AB mixes in so many different elements and its more about the music. AB to me shouldnt be mentioned with bands like Nickelback, 3 Doors Down, Shinedown etc.. They are far more diverse then these bands who are pushed on pop rock radio......

But if you want my easy answer

Mark Tremonti/Myles Kennedy > Everyone else in rock!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Alter Bridge III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 10:51 am

I don't hear it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Alter Bridge III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 10:58 am

The only thing that stands out to me in AB is Mark's playing. He gives them a slight metal edge.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Alter Bridge III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 2:01 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I don't hear it.

Thats the great thing about music, we all hear things different. Also like Troublezone said, Mark is an amazing guitar player and adds a whole other dynamic to the music. Then there is Myles Kennedy who is widely known as one of the greatest voices out there. Add him to the fold and its a perfect match. It all boils down though to what your ears hear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alter Bridge III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge III   Alter Bridge III Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alter Bridge III
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next