Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BLS - new album streaming at AOL

Go down 
+8
thejokeriv
HeavyMetalMerchant
Eyesore
MetalH
metallicleora
Lurideath
Rex
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

BLS - new album streaming at AOL Empty
PostSubject: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 3:21 pm

http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/#/6
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 5:48 pm

not into this band what-so-ever, but the song Godspeed Hellbound is great!
Back to top Go down
metallicleora
Metal student
Metal student
metallicleora

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 6:50 pm

Awesome!! got to go there.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 6:51 pm

Sounds awesome! Can't wait to get this one!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 7:02 pm

I'll be picking up the Best Buy version tomorrow. Of course, I know they're not going to have any special editions with XXL shirts, so I likely won't be able to wear the shirt until I'm dying of cancer.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39578

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:08 pm

I'm sooo far behind on collecting anything from them. I only have the debut. There's just too many cds and not enough money.I am liking what I'm hearing here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:15 pm

Sounds better then the last one. He's pretty inconsistent, some of it is great and then he has some clunker songs.
Back to top Go down
metallicleora
Metal student
Metal student
metallicleora

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 12:43 am

Hey Eyesore, lol, please don't get that. Just buy the top separate lol
Back to top Go down
HeavyMetalMerchant
Metal novice
Metal novice
HeavyMetalMerchant

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:55 am

Yeah i will be checking this out for sure it came out today.
Back to top Go down
http://www.heavymetalmerchant.com
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 11:00 am

metallicleora wrote:
I just want the bonus tracks, and it seems that they only come on the edition that also comes with a shirt.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 11:15 am

Eyesore wrote:
metallicleora wrote:
I just want the bonus tracks, and it seems that they only come on the edition that also comes with a shirt.

Sell the shirt - lol!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 12:01 pm

I'll be picking this one up as well. I don't need to hear it first though. I have a love/hate relationship with BLS. Right now, it's all rainbows and unicorn farts.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39578

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 12:52 pm

The vocals have improved immensely over time. Zak sounds much better now
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 1:50 pm

Just picked it up.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:11 pm

Eyesore wrote:
metallicleora wrote:

Hmmmmm, I'm in sorta the same boat here.

$19.99 at Best Buy for 15 tracks and a shirt that I could take or leave

OR

$9.99 for 13 tracks and no shirt. Decisions, decisions. BLS - new album streaming at AOL Icon_scratch

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:22 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
metallicleora wrote:

Hmmmmm, I'm in sorta the same boat here.

$19.99 at Best Buy for 15 tracks and a shirt that I could take or leave

OR

$9.99 for 13 tracks and no shirt. Decisions, decisions. BLS - new album streaming at AOL Icon_scratch
I bit the bullet. The last track, "January," is an acoustic song. The bonus tracks, "Junior's Eyes" and "Helpless," are piano/vocals covers, Sabbath and Neil Young, respectively. So a way mellow end to the album. Good tunes, of course, Zakk always does great ballads and such, but maybe not worth $10. The shirt, I haven't even opened it yet, as I know for a fact it won't fit.

So I guess it all comes down to how big a fan you are. I love every BLS album, so I'm okay with paying the extra. Kind of wish there was a less expensive version sans shirt but with the bonus tracks. =(
Back to top Go down
metallicleora
Metal student
Metal student
metallicleora

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:51 pm

What size shirt does it come with Eyesore?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:59 pm

metallicleora wrote:
What size shirt does it come with Eyesore?
Not sure yet. It's still wrapped in plastic. I'll check tonight.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:42 pm

T-shirt is an XL. lol! Not sure I'll be fitting 280lbs into that thing. Haha.
Back to top Go down
metallicleora
Metal student
Metal student
metallicleora

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 12:01 am

Wow, I figured they'd go for the large in a prepackaged format. Haven't seen it In the best buy where I am but since I already bought the regular version of the cd, it's better that way.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:47 am

Far better than anything since The Blessed Hellride IMO.
More consistant than previous efforts.
Glad he's god he act together now.
Shot To Hell wasn't the best like.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 5:08 am

Haven't heard this yet but I will def be picking this up. It's always fun to jam along with his riffs and solos....
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:14 am

One of my biggest gripes about BLS has been Zakk's solos. The dude is a god on guitar, but his solos often felt heartless. Like he just went in and ripped one out in one take and went with it. The solos on this one, though, are killer! They seem very different than a lot of his older ones, more like there's an emotional context to them that ties in with the song, you know.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 10:58 am

Eyesore wrote:
One of my biggest gripes about BLS has been Zakk's solos. The dude is a god on guitar, but his solos often felt heartless. Like he just went in and ripped one out in one take and went with it. The solos on this one, though, are killer! They seem very different than a lot of his older ones, more like there's an emotional context to them that ties in with the song, you know.

Zakk's solos were always killer to me. I think more of the gripe was his use of the same technique and scales. I for one always found them to fit the songs perfect. I mean I don't want to hear emotion in a riff heavy song. I want an in your face solo. Zakk also has some of the most memorable solo's out there IMO.

But can/t wait to hear what you mean....
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 11:02 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Zakk's solos were always killer to me. I think more of the gripe was his use of the same technique and scales. I for one always found them to fit the songs perfect. I mean I don't want to hear emotion in a riff heavy song. I want an in your face solo. Zakk also has some of the most memorable solo's out there IMO.

But can/t wait to hear what you mean....
You're missing out, my friend. His solos may have been killer, but they weren't memorable at all, a lot of times anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BLS - new album streaming at AOL   BLS - new album streaming at AOL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BLS - new album streaming at AOL
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next