Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I survived my first GWAR show!

Go down 
+2
MetalGuy71
A Handful of Wayne
6 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

I survived my first GWAR show! Empty
PostSubject: I survived my first GWAR show!   I survived my first GWAR show! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 2:24 pm

Last night a friend and I went to see GWAR. They were playing about 20 minutes away so we really couldn't pass it up. I was kind of not wanting to go at first because I'm getting ready to go away tomorrow but I figured what the hell, and when would be the next time they would even come to this place on Long Island again.

We got there kind of early. There were a few kids waiting in the front and they all had white t shirts on. At first I was wondering why are they wearing white t shirts then I realized DUH! They spray blood on people and they want to take that home for something to remember of the show. My friend and I hung out side which seemed like forever and the doors finally opened at 7. Our whole plan was to get there really early and hopefully get autographs but we both had things to do before hand. We went to the merch table and they had some really cool things. I got a T shirt, a signed drum stick, which I was a little bummed about because they showed a really cool drum stick with the bands logo on it and the guys autograph. The guy handed me a used stick with no logo but it had an autograph so I guess thats cool in its own. It wasn't a new stick either it was used so I could tell people he threw to me after the show haha. I also picked up a cd called Death Piggy which is a band Dave Brokie used to do before GWAR. They are basically punk. I listened to it today pretty enjoyable and I think better than the first GWAR album.

The place is pretty small. Probably too small to get a real good experience of an actual GWAR show. Before the show started a video screen came down and played a parody of Behind the Music called GWAR Behind The Murder. That was really funny. After that the show began and it was chaos. some of the monsters had to lean over to fit on the stage that was kind of funny. They played a lot of newer songs. I'm a GWAR fan but I mostly like the older stuff because I got into them back when America Must Be Destroyed came out and I'm used to that sound. Now they are almost a completely different band and almost thrash sounding. The new stuff is good the older stuff just clicks with me. So I was a little bummed about the set list but they did play Sick Of You which you can tell they almost hate playing haha.

My friend got completely soaked with all the blood they shoot out during the show. I ended up going to the back pretty early becaue there was just way too many people for me and I didn't want all the stuff I just bought to get ruined. I'm not a huge fan of crowds haha which is why I don't really go to many shows.

They were very entertaining though. I had a lot of fun.

I survived my first GWAR show! 36974_1494378963286_1348424876_1310114_2080975_n I survived my first GWAR show! 36974_1494379203292_1348424876_1310120_2562798_n I survived my first GWAR show! 36974_1494379283294_1348424876_1310122_3085712_n I survived my first GWAR show! 36974_1494379363296_1348424876_1310124_6614264_n I survived my first GWAR show! 36974_1494379483299_1348424876_1310127_5457281_n I survived my first GWAR show! 36974_1494379643303_1348424876_1310131_1758874_n I survived my first GWAR show! 36974_1494379923310_1348424876_1310138_5659041_n
This is my friend showing his nose hairs hahaha. He was bloodied and jizzed upon hahaha
I survived my first GWAR show! 36974_1494379763306_1348424876_1310134_2455396_n

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I survived my first GWAR show!   I survived my first GWAR show! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 2:28 pm

Quote :
They spray blood on people

If you're one of the lucky ones. Looks like you had a good time. Cool pics. Always said I wanted to see these guys live but never did. Good job by them keeping this gimmick alive for all these years.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: I survived my first GWAR show!   I survived my first GWAR show! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 2:49 pm

I managed to leave the show looking the same way I went in.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: I survived my first GWAR show!   I survived my first GWAR show! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 8:03 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I managed to leave the show looking the same way I went in.

Come on, son, I thought you were a GWAR fan?! Tsk tsk. I survived my first GWAR show! 355277

I survived my first GWAR show! Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: I survived my first GWAR show!   I survived my first GWAR show! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 8:05 pm

Way cool. I always wanted to see GWAR live back in the day (circa AMERICA MUST BE DESTROYED, which is my fave era as well) but never got round to it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: I survived my first GWAR show!   I survived my first GWAR show! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 11:47 pm

yea man definetly just go see it if it comes by you.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: I survived my first GWAR show!   I survived my first GWAR show! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:00 am

I've seen GWAR twice. First show was the tour for "This Toilet Earth" and the second show was the tour for "Ragnarök".

The first show was awesome!
The second show was ok, but they had technical problems.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: I survived my first GWAR show!   I survived my first GWAR show! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 9:29 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
yea man definetly just go see it if it comes by you.

One of my great concert regrets is skipping a GWAR show in Staten Island, NY (I went to college there) on Halloween night in '91. I mean, damn, they were practically in my back yard and is there a more perfect band to spend Halloween with? But for some stupid reason I went to a Halloween party on campus instead, with some chick that I was hoping to hook up with at the time, haha. Never got nothin' from her so obviously I chose poorly. I should've spent that night with GWAR instead. I survived my first GWAR show! Icon_sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I survived my first GWAR show!   I survived my first GWAR show! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 10:08 am

Quote :
Never got nothin' from her so obviously I chose poorly. I should've spent that night with GWAR instead. I survived my first GWAR show! Icon_sad

At least with GWAR, you know there will be an exchange of bodily fluids.

Metal student
Metal student
Telmorn Altayon

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: I survived my first GWAR show!   I survived my first GWAR show! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 10:18 am

Wasn't life of Life of Agony there ;^)

I am still not talking to you because you went to GWAR and I had to sit in Florida and leak water from my head... I have no idea what that means. I am so jealous.

I am glad you had funny PRD, but I would have liked to become a body snatcher and saw them... and maybe took a poop as you before I left your body.

Hey PRD, I found a few more sites that allow Radio play if you ever want to start of Prelude to metal again, they are free sites too. Anyways, I am off..
Back to top Go down
http://www.MakeARightLeftHere.com -- www.BBRProductions.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I survived my first GWAR show!   I survived my first GWAR show! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I survived my first GWAR show!
Page 1 of 1