Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Early Man - Death Potion

Go down 
+2
MetalGuy71
Eyesore
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Early Man - Death Potion Empty
PostSubject: Early Man - Death Potion   Early Man - Death Potion Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 10:41 pm

Can't wait! Early Man - Death Potion 11840

Quote :
EARLY MAN's sophomore full-length album, "Death Potion", will be released on July 20 via The End Records. The Los Angeles- and Brooklyn–based band tracked the 12-song CD at Soundhouse Recording in Seattle, Washington with producer Jack Endino.

"There's a lot of angst and urgency that comes out in this record — musically, vocally, lyrically, and creatively," says EARLY MAN vocalist/guitarist Mike Conte. "It's a very raw, honest record, which I think sadly has become extremely rare within heavy metal. It means something, it stands for something.

"I don't like making records just for the sake of making records. For me, the songs have to come from somewhere real artistically and that is very much the case with 'Death Potion'."

Guitarist Pete Macy adds, "Working with Jack Endino was great. If something was good, he was happy, but if something sucked, he let you know. Once we got everything sounding right, he was really good at bringing out the best in us, helping us find the extra touches each song needed to take it to the next level.

"This record has the best songwriting and the best playing from EARLY MAN yet. It's really killer and I'm stoked for everyone to hear it!"

EARLY MAN released its debut album, "Closing In", in 2005 and then followed it up with the "Beware The Circling Fin" EP in 2008. The trio has toured extensively for the past three years with such acts as ICED EARTH, SKELETONWITCH, 3 INCHES OF BLOOD and HIGH ON FIRE, among others.

"Anyone that has liked us live in the past few years is going to be psyched on 'Death Potion'," says drummer Adam Bennati. "People are saying the songs are heavier and faster, but I think you're going to have to just check it out yourself.

"I can't wait for people to hear this record. I think it's gonna blow your fuckin' socks off!"

"Death Potion" track listing:

01. Death Potion
02. Brainwash At Birth
03. Someone Else's Nightmare
04. Nine Riders
05. Fight
06. Unseen Tormentor
07. Through Chemtrails
08. The Undertaker Is Calling You
09. Killdrone
10. I Am The Child Of Evil
11. By The Serpents Breath You Seeth
12. Six Mothers Of The War God

The song "Someone Else's Nightmare" is now available for streaming at the band's MySpace page.

Early Man - Death Potion Earlymanpotion
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early Man - Death Potion   Early Man - Death Potion Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 10:44 pm

Jack Endino is a great producer, got a chance to meet him on several occasions when I still lived in Seattle. Very cool guy. His production on High On Fire's "Death is This Communion" is a recent favorite.

Looking forward to checking this out.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Early Man - Death Potion   Early Man - Death Potion Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 11:36 pm

Yup, big fan here too. Looking forward to anything new from these guys. Their last ep is killer. Bitchin' new album cover too

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Early Man - Death Potion   Early Man - Death Potion Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 8:28 am

Cool,cant wait.I really liked the ep.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Early Man - Death Potion   Early Man - Death Potion Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 4:36 pm

I checked out the new song. I thought it was pretty good. I'm looking forward to this album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Early Man - Death Potion   Early Man - Death Potion Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 5:11 pm

Early Man lost their drummer and bassist one week into their current tour. Perfect timing. Read the lengthy explaination here if you care...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=147322

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Early Man - Death Potion   Early Man - Death Potion Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 9:00 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Early Man lost their drummer and bassist one week into their current tour. Perfect timing. Read the lengthy explaination here if you care...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=147322

Wow! Thats a rough deal but it seems the new guys are filling in perfectly for them.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Early Man - Death Potion   Early Man - Death Potion Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 9:38 pm

great band. Theyre playing in portland with gama bomb and evile at the end of the month. I may try an make it. headbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Early Man - Death Potion   Early Man - Death Potion Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 10:32 am

Staying on topic here, their new album is finally starting to click with me. At first, it left me kinda cold, which was disappointing since I was such a big fan of their older releases and loved them from first spin. I think it was because I had so much other music coming in at the time that I just didin't give Death Potion the proper attention.

Listening to it in the car last night really rocked my socks off. Something about the rhythm guitar's CHUNKA-CHUNKA-CHUNKA sound reminds me of old Metallica. These guys should be mentioned with the same high praise that The Sword gets, but they're somehow overlooked. Same with the band Priestess.

All 3 bands have a cool retro sound to them, combining elements of doom, stoner, speed, thrash and just plain old heavy metal, yet all sound completely different, fresh and new.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Early Man - Death Potion   Early Man - Death Potion Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 10:57 am

I don't understand this band's popularity.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Early Man - Death Potion   Early Man - Death Potion Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 11:37 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
I don't understand this band's popularity.

What don't you like? Not original enough for ya? Bad vocals? Boring, uninspired riffs? Lame production? Jeans too tight? Please explain.

PostSubject: Re: Early Man - Death Potion   Early Man - Death Potion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Early Man - Death Potion
Page 1 of 1