Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer)

Go down 
+10
Eyesore
krokus
Lurideath
kmorg
Smindas
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Metal Misfit
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer) Empty
PostSubject: Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer)   Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer) Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:16 pm

Quote :
Former W.A.S.P. trio Chris Holmes (guitar, pictured), Randy Piper (guitar) and Stet Howland (drums) are back working together.

Joined by ex-Metal Church bassist Steve Unger plus vocalist Rich Lewis, they’ve the band name of Where Angels Suffer – or W.A.S. for short!

Debut album Purgatory is due out later in the year.

Sounds interesting!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer)   Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer) Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:19 pm

W.A.S.? You gotta be kidding.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall when Blackie Lawless gets wind of this. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer)   Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer) Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
W.A.S.? You gotta be kidding.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall when Blackie Lawless gets wind of this. Laughing very hard

Yeah, the name is really bad. Razz
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer)   Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer) Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:44 pm

I heard a rumor that the original name was Where Angels Suffer Penis Disfigurement (W.A.S.P.'d.) but the record company objected after getting a cease and desist letter from the Penis Disfigurement Sufferers Association (PDSA). Blackie Lawless is their official spokesperson and sits on their board of trustees after an unfortunante cod peice mishap.

Feel free to spread that rumor.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer)   Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer) Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:46 pm

Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer) Kopfschuettel

Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer) 201269
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer)   Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer) Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:59 pm

This is a good example of jokes just writing themselves.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer)   Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer) Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 3:11 pm

manny wrote:
This is a good example of jokes just writing themselves.

Well, they W.A.S. once in W.A.S.P.! They really W.A.S.!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer)   Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer) Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 3:46 pm

It's going to take some exceptional music to overcome that name.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer)   Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer) Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 3:48 pm

People will show up to their gigs thinking they're seeing W.A.S.P. ("I dunno, maybe the "P" fell off the poster or something!")... then they'll be pissed. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer)   Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer) Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 4:22 pm

The Blabbermouth point said that they intend to play the W.A.S.P. songs that Blackie is too afraid to play nowadays, such as 'Animal (F*ck Like A Beast)'. Presumably, that's why they have the redonkulous name. Will be interesting to see what they come up with, though.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer)   Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer) Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 7:03 pm

ITT we see the kind of reasons these players are no longer in W.A.S.P.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer)   Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer) Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:11 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
ITT we see the kind of reasons these players are no longer in W.A.S.P.
Because they clearly dislike Blackie?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer)   Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer) Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:08 am

Because they're men pushing 50 whose only way to success apparently is to ride the dusty coattails of a band that they evidently missed the boat on what they're really all about.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer)   Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer) Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:00 pm

Laughing very hard

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer)   Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer) Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 1:01 pm

I think this is great! Wasp has sucked for awhile now anyways. Will be great to see this band when they play out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer)   Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer) Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:33 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
People will show up to their gigs thinking they're seeing W.A.S.P. ("I dunno, maybe the "P" fell off the poster or something!")... then they'll be pissed. Laughing

Think they'll 'lay the 'hilly S'ectrum any time soon, FF?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer)   Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer) Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:37 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
People will show up to their gigs thinking they're seeing W.A.S.P. ("I dunno, maybe the "P" fell off the poster or something!")... then they'll be pissed. Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer) Icon_lol

Think they'll 'lay the 'hilly S'ectrum any time soon, FF?

Laughing very hard Sure, and 'antera, 'owermad and 'iledriver will be opening!!!

Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer)   Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer) Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:39 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Because they're men pushing 50 whose only way to success apparently is to ride the dusty coattails of a band that they evidently missed the boat on what they're really all about.
Good point.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer)   Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 12:45 pm

Bump-o for new info...

Debut album 'Purgatory' due out Oct. 30th.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer)   Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 1:11 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Well, they W.A.S. once in W.A.S.P.! They really W.A.S.!

Laughing very hard

Interestingly, some peeps at another forum I frequent indicate that the tunes on the "W.A.S." album are merely a collection of songs Piper has already released a few years ago under the band name "Randy Piper's Animal." Whether or not these songs were re-recorded by the "new" band or are merely the original tracks being rehashed under a new name remains unclear.

I had a CD-R of one of the Randy Piper's Animal albums a couple of years ago and it was pretty much blatant W.A.S.P. plagiarism, right down to the vocalist being a dead ringer for Blackie Lawless. I didn't think much of it so I ditched it.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer)   Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 1:56 pm

A quick "googling" would prove you correct, Frodrick. Some of the song titles on the W.A.S. Purgatory album also show up on Randy Piper's 2006 Violent New Breed album. Rich Lewis is the vocalist in both bands as well.

Sleeze Roxx has a review of that album...
http://www.sleazeroxx.com/bands/animal/violent.shtml

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer)   Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 3:09 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
A quick "googling" would prove you correct, Frodrick. Some of the song titles on the W.A.S. Purgatory album also show up on Randy Piper's 2006 Violent New Breed album. Rich Lewis is the vocalist in both bands as well.

Sleeze Roxx has a review of that album...

Interesting. I believe the R.P.A. disc I had on CD-R must've been the "900 LB. STEAM" disc mentioned in this review as the one that "sounded like sh*t," cuz boy, did it ever. It sounded like a 50th generation copy of a copy of a bad demo tape.

Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer)   Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 3:54 pm

4 songs are from VIOLENT NEW BREED (i have that great album on cd): VIOLENT NEW BREED, MORNING AFTER, EYE OF THE STORM and BOOM but in total their are 13 songs, still 9 are new. Not bad, because WASP last albums had less original/new tracks. I am very interested in this new proyect, i missed Chris Holmes.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer)   Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 4:26 pm

Yo, mods! You know you can merge threads, right? We use the same forum software for Shock Totem. It works well when new "same" threads are created. Just merge one to the other and no posts are lost. =)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer)   Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 8:22 pm

So to be clear, it's W.A.S. Not Was Not Was?

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer)   Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Randy Piper, Chris Holmes form W.A.S. (Where Angels Suffer)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next