Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BRYAN ADAMS?

Go down 
+14
James B.
Troublezone
Getizzyback
Zdan
Schbopo
stepcousin
manny
tohostudios
Addy
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
chewie
MetalRob331
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

BRYAN ADAMS? Empty
PostSubject: BRYAN ADAMS?   BRYAN ADAMS? Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:19 pm

Any fans out there? I love Bryan Adams and his songs/songwriting has been a huge influence on a lot of the stuff I write. Amazing voice and such a great lyricist.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

BRYAN ADAMS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRYAN ADAMS?   BRYAN ADAMS? Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:28 pm

I liked some of his early pre-"Robin Hood" ballad all the time stuff. The first three songs on Into The Fire are pretty cool and the one he did with Tina Turner was smokin'!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

BRYAN ADAMS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRYAN ADAMS?   BRYAN ADAMS? Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:33 pm

Reminds me of a time in the 80's that I'd like to forget. Pass.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

BRYAN ADAMS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRYAN ADAMS?   BRYAN ADAMS? Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:39 pm

I always liked his music. I have his greatest hits which covers his career rather nicely.
Back to top Go down

BRYAN ADAMS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRYAN ADAMS?   BRYAN ADAMS? Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:45 pm

Decent radio fodder but I don't own any.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

BRYAN ADAMS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRYAN ADAMS?   BRYAN ADAMS? Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:54 pm

I like some of his stuff. Waking Up The Neighbors sounds like Def Leppard could have recorded it, with keys and less riffs. BTW - the RObin Hood song is the worst one on the album!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

BRYAN ADAMS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRYAN ADAMS?   BRYAN ADAMS? Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 1:50 pm

I like a few songs by him I got "Reckless" on CD and I got the single for Can't Stop This Thing We Started it was one of the first CDs I ever bought
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

BRYAN ADAMS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRYAN ADAMS?   BRYAN ADAMS? Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:21 pm

He's tolerable when he's doing "rockers"; can't stand his ballads though.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

BRYAN ADAMS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRYAN ADAMS?   BRYAN ADAMS? Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:57 pm

I like a few of his songs but not really a fan
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

BRYAN ADAMS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRYAN ADAMS?   BRYAN ADAMS? Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 6:15 pm

I was a sick of him as anybody else back in the 80's but these days I like his 80's output quite a bit. I think his main lead guitar player has a great sound and feel for the songs. At least his songs arent keyboard oriented, yes they are very poppy but the kinda rock. IMO some of the best radio pop to come out of the 80's.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

BRYAN ADAMS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRYAN ADAMS?   BRYAN ADAMS? Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:24 pm

Bryan Adams? And you guys make fun of me for liking Manilow? BRYAN ADAMS? Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

BRYAN ADAMS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRYAN ADAMS?   BRYAN ADAMS? Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:45 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Bryan Adams? And you guys make fun of me for liking Manilow? BRYAN ADAMS? Icon_razz

Manilow is much, MUCH more vacuous than Bryan Adams.

You deserve to be made fun of on that front. BRYAN ADAMS? Icon_razz

Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

BRYAN ADAMS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRYAN ADAMS?   BRYAN ADAMS? Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 8:20 pm

I would not buy any of his records but as far as radio fodder goes he is decent. I love one of his songs though - "Summer Of '69". Simple, driving rock tune.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

BRYAN ADAMS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRYAN ADAMS?   BRYAN ADAMS? Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 8:23 pm

Zdan wrote:
I would not buy any of his records but as far as radio fodder goes he is decent. I love one of his songs though - "Summer Of '69". Simple, driving rock tune.

Yep, that's a good one.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

BRYAN ADAMS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRYAN ADAMS?   BRYAN ADAMS? Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:32 pm

I think Bryan Adams writes good simple radio rock tunes that where perfectly in line with that big 80's AOR sound of that era, even if you are not a fan or think his music is the answer to ear cancer, I can almost bet most of us can name five or six Bryan Adams songs without having to think to hard about it.

Not really a fan but his greatest hits comp gets a spin once in awhile
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

BRYAN ADAMS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRYAN ADAMS?   BRYAN ADAMS? Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:51 am

manny wrote:
I think Bryan Adams writes good simple radio rock tunes that where perfectly in line with that big 80's AOR sound of that era, even if you are not a fan or think his music is the answer to ear cancer, I can almost bet most of us can name five or six Bryan Adams songs without having to think to hard about it.

Not really a fan but his greatest hits comp gets a spin once in awhile

Said very well Manny... Im a huge fan though and i love his simple approach to songwriting. Hooks on top of hooks with great melody.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

BRYAN ADAMS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRYAN ADAMS?   BRYAN ADAMS? Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:22 am

The man also co-wrote "Rock And Roll Hell" and "War Machine" on KISS' "Creatures Of The Night" proving he does now how to head bang headbanger
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

BRYAN ADAMS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRYAN ADAMS?   BRYAN ADAMS? Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:24 am

thejokeriv wrote:
The man also co-wrote "Rock And Roll Hell" and "War Machine" on KISS' "Creatures Of The Night" proving he does now how to head bang headbanger

If he did this my respect for the man just increased tenfold. I love that Kiss album and those songs.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

BRYAN ADAMS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRYAN ADAMS?   BRYAN ADAMS? Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:56 pm

I was a better than average fan until Into the Fire. That was the last album I liked from what I can remember.

Last year I came across his album called 11, it was only 5 bucks so I picked it up. Nothing really special though. I don't know if the name 11 stands for 11 songs (the album has 11 tracks), or his 11th album or both.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

BRYAN ADAMS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRYAN ADAMS?   BRYAN ADAMS? Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 7:24 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
BTW - the Robin Hood song is the worst one on the album!

But Stewie Griffin does a great version of it !
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

BRYAN ADAMS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRYAN ADAMS?   BRYAN ADAMS? Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 7:39 pm

I love the Robin Hood song, one of the best love songs ever written IMO. Especially the extended version...
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

BRYAN ADAMS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRYAN ADAMS?   BRYAN ADAMS? Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 6:44 pm

Just checked out wikipedia and it states that BA named his album 11 for his 11th "studio" album. I count 10

Bryan Adams
You Want It, You Got It
Cuts Like A Knife
Reckless
Into The Fire
Waking Up The Neighbors
18 'til I Die
On A Day Like Today
Room Service

What one is missing?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

BRYAN ADAMS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRYAN ADAMS?   BRYAN ADAMS? Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 10:03 am

He's a good songwriter. I Like his early rock albums.

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed May 19, 2010 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

BRYAN ADAMS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRYAN ADAMS?   BRYAN ADAMS? Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 10:24 am

Getizzyback wrote:
Just checked out wikipedia and it states that BA named his album 11 for his 11th "studio" album. I count 10

Bryan Adams
You Want It, You Got It
Cuts Like A Knife
Reckless
Into The Fire
Waking Up The Neighbors
18 'til I Die
On A Day Like Today
Room Service

What one is missing?

I think they are including his greatest hits package 'So Far So Good' or whatever it is called
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

BRYAN ADAMS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRYAN ADAMS?   BRYAN ADAMS? Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:52 am

manny wrote:
Getizzyback wrote:

Bryan Adams
You Want It, You Got It
Cuts Like A Knife
Reckless
Into The Fire
Waking Up The Neighbors
18 'til I Die
On A Day Like Today
Room Service

What one is missing?

I think they are including his greatest hits package 'So Far So Good' or whatever it is called

I was thinking the same, and thats the album I would tell someone to start with if they were just getting into Bryan Adams. Killer greatest hits..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BRYAN ADAMS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRYAN ADAMS?   BRYAN ADAMS? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BRYAN ADAMS?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next