Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weezer

Go down 
+10
Addy
Schbopo
thejokeriv
spiritoradio
A Handful of Wayne
MetalRob331
Orion Crystal Ice
tohostudios
akeldama
Metallic Blaze
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Weezer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weezer   Weezer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:58 am

I need to get the Blue ST one again I used to have it on cassette
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Weezer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weezer   Weezer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:03 am

Addy wrote:

I just placed an order at Amazon.com and got the Deluxe Edition Blue Album. It has an extra disc of B-sides and rarities (like someone mentioned on the first page). Can't wait to hear it!!!

Does anyone have this edition? How are the songs on the bonus disc?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Weezer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weezer   Weezer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:20 am

I have Maladroit, which I got for basically this one song. Turns out the rest of the album's not bad when I'm in the right mood. Never cared to dig any further into their discography though. I didin't care for their other hits. I've heard that the lead singer guy can be a bit of a douche. I had a buddy that worked at Rhino Records and he said the guy had a bit of a "I'm smarter than everyone in this room" attitude. Weezer - Page 2 436688

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Weezer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weezer   Weezer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:20 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Addy wrote:

I just placed an order at Amazon.com and got the Deluxe Edition Blue Album. It has an extra disc of B-sides and rarities (like someone mentioned on the first page). Can't wait to hear it!!!

Does anyone have this edition? How are the songs on the bonus disc?

Yep that was me. I have it, its cool . I like just about all the songs. Some live, acoustic, demos and b-sides. I think they were working on one for Pinkerton too, but I haven't heard anything about it lately. I would be interested to hear what they had on the side for that album too.

Theres also an album that was suppose to come out after the blue album called songs from the black hole. It was never released (obviously), but a few of the songs ended up being redone to fit onto Pinkerton. A few of the demos from the recording sessions are on the Rivers Cuomo Home Alone cds. I think you can also find some of those songs on the internets somewhere.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Weezer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weezer   Weezer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 1:22 am

Cool thanks for the info Wayne!

I've been really cranking this new Weezer album a lot!

It's the first one I've owned.

What do you think of their new one Wayne?
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Weezer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weezer   Weezer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:08 pm

I really like the new one. Theres some things on there that I really had to get used to hearing at first but they grew on me. Like the song "I Can't Stop Partying". All the electronic things kind of turned me off at first but I kept giving it a chance and I think its one of my favorites off the album except the lil Wayne part I still kind of cringe when I hear it but it doesn't go on for too long haha. "If Your Wondering" is an awesome song, "I'm Your Daddy" is great, " The Girls Got Hot" is ok, I skip that one sometimes, "Put Me Back Together" Is another favorite, "Trippin Down The Freeway" is ok, I like "Love Is The Answer" but I don't like the repeating parts with the girl singing. This song was actually written for Sugar Ray, which they recorded on their last album. I like that version better.... hmmm that gives me an idea I wonder if I could blend the 2 songs together and get rid of the girl lol. Might be a project of the day haha. "Let It All Hang Out" is another great song, "In The Mall" is kind of boring, it repeats too much. "I Don't Want To Let You Go" Cool ending for the album, not much to the song but I like it. The chorus is really cool.

I'm not sure if you have the version that has a second cd or not. Theres an extra 4 songs. It's pretty good too. Theres a song on there called "Prettiest Girl In The Whole World" that sorta sounds like their older material.

In all I think its a great album, I listen to it from time to time. Its also one of the few cds in my collection that my gf and I can agree on hahaha

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Weezer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weezer   Weezer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 12:48 am

Cool synopsis thanks.

I don't have the one with the 4 bonus songs. I wish I'd have known and I'd have gotten that one. Oh well.

The Blue Album (Deluxe Edition) came today. Haven't had a chance to hear it yet, but I'm looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Weezer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weezer   Weezer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 1:35 pm

I think the double Raditude version was a limited thing but I'm not sure.

If you like the new album your going to love the Blue Album. From start to finish its great.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Weezer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weezer   Weezer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 3:50 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I think the double Raditude version was a limited thing but I'm not sure.

If you like the new album your going to love the Blue Album. From start to finish its great.

Weezer - Page 2 604261
Back to top Go down

Weezer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weezer   Weezer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 9:20 am

I love the first one and hte new one.

I was watching the Nick Jr tv station today with my kids and Weezer was on a show called 'Yo Gabba Gabba" and they played a song called 'all my freinds are insects' The band even dressed up as insects......
Back to top Go down

Weezer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weezer   Weezer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 9:23 am

the show has alos had the aquabats, the roots, even the ting tings.....
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Weezer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weezer   Weezer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 3:08 pm

guenther wrote:
I love the first one and hte new one.

I was watching the Nick Jr tv station today with my kids and Weezer was on a show called 'Yo Gabba Gabba" and they played a song called 'all my freinds are insects' The band even dressed up as insects......

I love that show. My kids love it too, but I'm just as entertained for different reason. It's soooooooo bizarre. One of the characters (Muno, the one-eyed monster) looks like a knobby dildo. No lie.

Weezer - Page 2 Muno

Haven't seen the Weezer episode yet. Mark Motherbaugh (sp?) from Devo is a regular on the show as well. He draws pictures, then the pic usually comes to live and flies off the screen. Kinda like the old Bill Cosby Picture Page.

Weezer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weezer   Weezer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 4:10 pm

....not to mention Biz Mar kee, the '80's rapper is a regular....
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

Weezer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weezer   Weezer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:06 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I love that show. My kids love it too, but I'm just as entertained for different reason. It's soooooooo bizarre. One of the characters (Muno, the one-eyed monster) looks like a knobby dildo. No lie.

Weezer - Page 2 Muno

Weezer - Page 2 201269 Thank goodness, I'm not the only one who thinks that orange guy looks like a walking marital aid. I thought it was just me. When I pointed out the resemblance to my wife a while ago she just rolled her eyes and sez "You're such a perv." Laughing

My two and a half year old watches "Yo Gabba Gabba" from time to time, I was surprised to see Mark from Devo and Biz Markie making regular appearances. I was like "Damn, this show is pretty hip." Haha.

As if the show wasn't weird enough, it's even more bizarre for me cuz the "host," whatever his name is (the skinny black guy with the thick glasses and the big orange majorette hat), looks exactly like a guy I went to college with, right down to the eyeglasses. I literally did a double take the first time I saw him, like "Holy crap, that looks like Rich!" I even e-mailed a pic of the guy to a couple of my other college friends and they all commented on the resemblance.

Anyway, as for Weezer... can't say I'm much of a fan but I loved that video when they were on "The Muppet Show." Hilarious.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Weezer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weezer   Weezer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 11:07 am

Quote :
As if the show wasn't weird enough, it's even more bizarre for me cuz the "host," whatever his name is (the skinny black guy with the thick glasses and the big orange majorette hat), looks exactly like a guy I went to college with, right down to the eyeglasses.

DJ Lance Rock.
Weezer - Page 2 Djlance1
Funky.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Weezer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weezer   Weezer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 11:20 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Weezer - Page 2 Muno

Weezer - Page 2 201269 Thank goodness, I'm not the only one who thinks that orange guy looks like a walking marital aid. I thought it was just me. When I pointed out the resemblance to my wife a while ago she just rolled her eyes and sez "You're such a perv." Laughing

My two and a half year old watches "Yo Gabba Gabba" from time to time, I was surprised to see Mark from Devo and Biz Markie making regular appearances. I was like "Damn, this show is pretty hip." Haha.

As if the show wasn't weird enough, it's even more bizarre for me cuz the "host," whatever his name is (the skinny black guy with the thick glasses and the big orange majorette hat), looks exactly like a guy I went to college with, right down to the eyeglasses. I literally did a double take the first time I saw him, like "Holy crap, that looks like Rich!" I even e-mailed a pic of the guy to a couple of my other college friends and they all commented on the resemblance.

Anyway, as for Weezer... can't say I'm much of a fan but I loved that video when they were on "The Muppet Show." Hilarious.

GREAT story!!!!!!! BTW - you are not a prev! The dude does look like a sex toy - warts and all!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

Weezer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weezer   Weezer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 11:33 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

DJ Lance Rock.
Weezer - Page 2 Djlance1
Funky.

Yup, that's him. The guy I knew in college (Rich) wasn't nearly as funky as this dude, though.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Weezer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weezer   Weezer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 11:28 am

Weezer's new album will be out 9/14. Looks like they are now on Epitaph now and the album will be called Hurley (as in Hurley from Lost). Album cover is just a pick of Hurley. Here's a link to a new song - sounds pretty good to me!

http://www.spin.com/articles/listen-new-single-weezers-hurley

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Weezer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weezer   Weezer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 12:47 pm

I saw this yesturday. Figured no one would care but me and Metallic Blaze lol. The cover of the album is stupid. Like my friend said yesturday that show Lost is over and what is the chances that guy will be even popular in a few years still? 5 years from now people might go who the hell is this? and not even pick the album up. But like always its the music that counts and I'm counting on this one being great like always.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Weezer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weezer   Weezer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 12:51 pm

Quote :
The cover of the album is stupid. Like my friend said yesturday that show Lost is over and what is the chances that guy will be even popular in a few years still? 5 years from now people might go who the hell is this?

Good point. I never watched that show, so that pic/reference is "lost" on me.

Get it? Weezer - Page 2 209773

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Weezer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weezer   Weezer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 12:55 pm

what ever happened to Metallic Blaze anyway? he was posting like a madman for awhile and then he just disappeared.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Weezer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weezer   Weezer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 1:00 pm

LOL he's gone?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Weezer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weezer   Weezer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 2:46 pm

manny wrote:
what ever happened to Metallic Blaze anyway? he was posting like a madman for awhile and then he just disappeared.

I recall him saying that he was going on an extended road-trip or something this summer. Tho' I'm surprised he hasn't checked in, considdering how much he posted in the past.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Weezer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weezer   Weezer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 11:01 am

manny wrote:

headbanger headbanger headbanger there i took his place...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weezer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weezer   Weezer - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weezer
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2