Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Johnson/ Geordie

Go down 
+2
TrogDawn
SAHB Healer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Brian Johnson/ Geordie Empty
PostSubject: Brian Johnson/ Geordie   Brian Johnson/ Geordie Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 5:42 pm

Early Brian Johnson. I've been holding off checking this out my whole life, as I can't picture Brian singing for a glam band. Anybody know anything about Brian's pre-AC/DC years?
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson/ Geordie   Brian Johnson/ Geordie Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 6:10 pm

It's actually pretty good stuff. I have a comp called Strange Man that got released under Brian Johnson's name (minus GEORDIE) after Back in Black did so well (cash in now, honey!) I think it's pretty good 70's style hard rock, but I wouldn't call it glam at all.

Here's the cover of the comp I have:

Brian Johnson/ Geordie Strangeman
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson/ Geordie   Brian Johnson/ Geordie Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 4:20 am

Geordie are a great band but you got to be careful what album you get heres a run down of their albums:

Hope You Like It (1973)
Good boogie pub hard rock with a bit of Slade thrown in. Johnson's vocals are great. As heavy as say Slade at its heaviest. Second best album.

Don't Be Fooled By The Name (1974)
Brilliant must have. Like heavy Nazareth from around the Razamanaz and Loud N' Proud era of that band. Again Johnson's vocals are great. Like i said if you were to own one album by Geordie get this.

Save The World (1974)
Not great, alot of experimenting of styles other than hard rock such as disco, soul, reggae etc. A couple of heavy tracks but overall you should probably avoid.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson/ Geordie   Brian Johnson/ Geordie Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 9:56 am

i have a greatest hits album. its cool stuff. brian johnson doesn't sound like he does in ac/dc. he sounds more like noddy holder from slade i fink
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson/ Geordie   Brian Johnson/ Geordie Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 9:11 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
Early Brian Johnson. I've been holding off checking this out my whole life, as I can't picture Brian singing for a glam band. Anybody know anything about Brian's pre-AC/DC years?

I would agree with the other posts here. I've heard that stuff, but when Brian joined AC/DC management wanted him to scream more... His stuff with Geordie was him really singing....

Except for the famous story of how Bon Scott saw Geordie in Australia or Scotland (age and memory?!!?) and had mentioned to the boys... Brian was suffering from appenicitis (sp?) and so he was literally screaming.(if you've ever had appendicitis you know what I mean, it friggin hurts !!)... that's supposed be a true story, I believe I've heard Brian even mention it.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson/ Geordie   Brian Johnson/ Geordie Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 10:46 am

i'm from the north east of england (newcastle), where brian johnson was from and my uncle used to hang out with Geordie and Brian Johnson, before he shipped off to AC/DC.

I really like they're stuff, although i haven't heard it for years. . .
I might try and look more of their stuff up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Johnson/ Geordie   Brian Johnson/ Geordie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Johnson/ Geordie
Page 1 of 1