Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ozzy's New Song

Go down 
+12
kmorg
tohostudios
Wargod
MetalGuy71
iamrockerfun
Addy
Smindas
GrandNational
Troublezone
MetalRob331
Metallic Blaze
MEGATRON
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

Ozzy's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Ozzy's New Song   Ozzy's New Song Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:24 am

...off of Slash's new album.

http://www.amazon.com/Slash/e/B000APVSRE//ref=pe_64050_14664150_pe_00_head//B000APVSRE

Top-right hand corner of the page. Amazing song. Ozzy's vocals sound great.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Ozzy's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy's New Song   Ozzy's New Song Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:51 am

YEAH!!!

Just when everyone thought Ozzy was through.

I knew he wasn't.

Can't wait for HIS new album!

I might have to pick up this Slash cd too!!!
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Ozzy's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy's New Song   Ozzy's New Song Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 1:13 am

I really hope the material on Ozzy's record with Gus G is half at least half as good as this song is. Ozzy and Slash go together like butter and bread. I'm no fan of Guns N' Roses, but I absolutely love this song. I was actually surprised when I saw the footage on youtube of Ozzy recording it. His vocals were top notch.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Ozzy's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy's New Song   Ozzy's New Song Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 1:15 am

Yeah, Ozzy sounds like he's in TOP form!!!

BOOO on the naysayers!!! BOO BOO BOO!!!

Ozzy's New Song 19976 Ozzy's New Song 19976 Ozzy's New Song 308838
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Ozzy's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy's New Song   Ozzy's New Song Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 1:46 am

New song sounds great as does Ozzy but the drumming kind of lost its groove for me when it hits the chorus. Again the song is great but that drumline when Slash hits the distortion is kind of off for me.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

Ozzy's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy's New Song   Ozzy's New Song Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 2:01 am

Slash's guitar has a bit of bite to it. Not bad...
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Ozzy's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy's New Song   Ozzy's New Song Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 2:03 am

Troublezone wrote:
Slash's guitar has a bit of bite to it. Not bad...

I read in an interview where he says that he does a chugga chugga riffing song with M. Shadows from A7X. He said its very Metallica influenced and its the heaviest song he's ever recorded...
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Ozzy's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy's New Song   Ozzy's New Song Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 2:22 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
New song sounds great as does Ozzy but the drumming kind of lost its groove for me when it hits the chorus. Again the song is great but that drumline when Slash hits the distortion is kind of off for me.

This song sounds great, but let's remember - this is not representative of Ozzy, but of Slash.

I think Ozzy's new album is gonna put Slash's to SHAME! For gawds sake! He has the European genius shredder madman on the axe!!!

Gus G. is 10X the player Slash is.

Ozzy's New Song 11840
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Ozzy's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy's New Song   Ozzy's New Song Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 3:04 am

Not bad, sounds like vintage Ozzy.
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Ozzy's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy's New Song   Ozzy's New Song Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 3:28 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I think Ozzy's new album is gonna put Slash's to SHAME! For gawds sake! He has the European genius shredder madman on the axe!!!

Ozzy's New Song 11840

I've gotta disagree with you there. When Slash plays the guitar, you know it's Slash playing. Slash is a entrepreneur who has influenced millions of guitarists. Gus G has talent, that's for sure. And I really do hope that I'm wrong and his work on Ozzy's new album turns out to be even better than Slash's song with Ozzy. That would be awesome, but I doubt it will happen. In my opinion there is nothing that makes Gus stand out from most other power/speed metal guitarists. I'm certain that Ozzy's new album will be better than the last three albums with Zakk Wylde, and that already is good enough for me... but will the album be better than Ozzy's song with Slash? I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Ozzy's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy's New Song   Ozzy's New Song Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 4:15 am

I will disagree with you here.

Looking forward to the new Ozzy though!!!

Ozzy's New Song 778825
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Ozzy's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy's New Song   Ozzy's New Song Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 4:25 am

As am I. Ozzy's New Song 778825
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Ozzy's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy's New Song   Ozzy's New Song Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 4:50 am

MEGATRON wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Ozzy's New Song 11840

I've gotta disagree with you there. When Slash plays the guitar, you know it's Slash playing. Slash is a entrepreneur who has influenced millions of guitarists.
Definitely agree with this. Gus G. is good and all but Slash has a great character to his playing style.

Anyway, this track sounds great. I'm liking what I've heard of this album. Needless to say, like the Slash fanboy I am, I've got it preordered. Think it'll arrive end of next week or something. Fantastic.

Ozzy's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy's New Song   Ozzy's New Song Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 8:25 am

After hearing that, why the hell isn't Slash part of Ozzy's band? He could make Ozzy's best album since No More Tears...
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Ozzy's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy's New Song   Ozzy's New Song Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:05 am

Slash has said that after he tours to support his solo album that Velvet Revolver will resume its search for a singer.

Personally I love Slash's playing its got a distinctive sound that as its been said you know when it's Slash playing

Ive yet to hear the Ozzy song ill have to check it out later
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Ozzy's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy's New Song   Ozzy's New Song Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 10:32 am

Slash is great indeed but Gus attacks the guitar. As far as those saying that Slash would work well in Ozzys band I just dont see it. Slash is a hard rock guitar player with boundaries. Gus G is a guitar wiz who can pretty much do whatever he wants.

I love Slash and the man has put out some great solos and riffs but IMO Gus G is by far the better player and a better fit for Ozzy.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Ozzy's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy's New Song   Ozzy's New Song Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 10:38 am

MEGATRON wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Ozzy's New Song 11840

I've gotta disagree with you there. When Slash plays the guitar, you know it's Slash playing. Slash is a entrepreneur who has influenced millions of guitarists. Gus G has talent, that's for sure. And I really do hope that I'm wrong and his work on Ozzy's new album turns out to be even better than Slash's song with Ozzy. That would be awesome, but I doubt it will happen. In my opinion there is nothing that makes Gus stand out from most other power/speed metal guitarists. I'm certain that Ozzy's new album will be better than the last three albums with Zakk Wylde, and that already is good enough for me... but will the album be better than Ozzy's song with Slash? I don't think so.

How can you say one song will be better then a whole album? Gus G. is a guitar freak and he stands out way more then any of the guys doing the power/speed metal thing. His roots are in traditional metal, just listen to the riffs. When Gus plays you know it is him as well. I also think the new album will blow the last 3 away and I loved those albums.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

Ozzy's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy's New Song   Ozzy's New Song Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 11:38 am

ozz's voice sounds like digitaly cleaned and remstered.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

Ozzy's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy's New Song   Ozzy's New Song Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 11:44 am

Wow, that song is great. The thing is, will Gus have any hand in writing the new Ozzy stuff? If he's just a gun for hire then it's up to those who write.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Ozzy's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy's New Song   Ozzy's New Song Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 11:52 am

iamrockerfun wrote:
ozz's voice sounds like digitaly cleaned and remstered.

Well, duh. Ozzy couldn't order a cup of coffee without the help of a translator, subtitles and a healthy dose of AutoTune. He's gotta be a mess in the studio.

As for the song, it's decent enough, but I'm having some real doubts about this Slash solo album overall. As a fan-boy, I'm sure I'll pick it up at some point, but I'm afaid it's gonna be too all over the place with all the guest vocalists.

I did read that due to legal purposes (re: Axl's lawyers), his version of 'Paradise City' with Fergie & the guy from Cypress Hill won't be included on any versions.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Ozzy's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy's New Song   Ozzy's New Song Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:40 pm

Wow amazing song. Never knew Slash could do this but never have been a Slash fan but this is good. As far as Gus G goes he is a different style than Slash is.

Gus has made his mark on some great metal bands and continues to get better. I thought his work in the last Firewind was phenominal. Actually I don't consider Gus to be speed metal. He plays a style more traditional in nature with some power infused riffs.

Gus will be good for Ozzy!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Ozzy's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy's New Song   Ozzy's New Song Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 2:28 am

Wargod48 wrote:
Wow amazing song. Never knew Slash could do this but never have been a Slash fan but this is good. As far as Gus G goes he is a different style than Slash is.

Gus has made his mark on some great metal bands and continues to get better. I thought his work in the last Firewind was phenominal. Actually I don't consider Gus to be speed metal. He plays a style more traditional in nature with some power infused riffs.

Gus will be good for Ozzy!

Wargod51

YEAH!! WARGOD NAILED IT!!!!

Ozzy's New Song Smileysigniagree
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Ozzy's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy's New Song   Ozzy's New Song Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:49 am

There's quite an impressive list of guests on that Slash album. From sleazeroxx:

Quote :
Focused on delivering the most individual, personal project of his career, Slash enlisted the services of producing partner Eric Valentine (Queens of Stone Age, The All-American Rejects) and compiled a rhythm section of bassist Chris Chaney (Jane's Addiction) and drummer Josh Freese (Nine Inch Nails). Slash handled the majority of arranging and songwriting duties and hand-picked each guest artist. The album's guests worked collaboratively with Slash to round out the song. Guest musicians include: Ian Astbury, Chris Cornell, Rocco DeLuca, Fergie, Dave Grohl, Myles Kennedy, Kid Rock, Lemmy Kilmeister, Adam Levine of Maroon 5, Duff McKagan, M. Shadows of Avenged Sevenfold, Ozzy Osbourne, Iggy Pop, and Andrew Stockdale of Wolfmother.

There are also links to several more songs from it streaming on ESPN Radio through March.

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news10/0325sla.shtml

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Ozzy's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy's New Song   Ozzy's New Song Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:23 am

VERY good song!

And I think Slash would fit like a glove in Ozzy's band. They come from the same school of CLASSIC hard rock and metal. Ozzy's no power metaller, and every guitarist Ozzy's been with up 'til now had have their own distinct style and visual persona. That ends with Gus joining the band. Don't get me wrong, Gus is a great player in his own rights, but he's not a good match for Ozzy, imo.

If I were to mininate anyone for Ozzy's band, it would be Tore Morèn.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Ozzy's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy's New Song   Ozzy's New Song Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:37 am

Hmmmm, I guess I'm not hearing what all the fuss is about with that Ozzy track. It's ok, but I'm not leaping out of my seat in girl-ish glee over it.

I like the Ian Astbury track 'Ghost' better. They added another track, 'Beautiful Dangerous' on that page too. I'm guessing that's Fergie singing? Not bad.

Ozzy's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy's New Song   Ozzy's New Song Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ozzy's New Song
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: