Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album

Go down 
+15
Zdan
Gilbert
kmorg
MetalGuy71
Wargod
Troublezone
akeldama
mc666
Ben Grimm
Fat Freddy
Metallic Blaze
Lari
Temple of Blood
Jesusandmetal23
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:58 pm

Ben, CDInzane has it for preorder for just $18.99.

That's where I'll get my copy.

When it comes to imports, CDI is the place I go 99% of the time!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:59 pm

http://www.cdinzane.com/Catalog.cfm?Action=RunSearch&SearchType=SearchKeyword&SearchText=annihilator&StartRow=21
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:40 am

So who picked this up yet? Amazon has some sellers offering it for 18 bucks. I'm wondering what everyone thinks who has heard it?
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 12:00 pm

I heard it and I'm diggin' it. The worst part are the vocals as Padden is probably the worst vocalist Annihilator ever had but beyond that it's a very good album. The thrashiest they have done since a long time. Lot's of riffing, sometimes fairly complex and engaging, pounding songs.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:10 pm

I order this from EARACHE records, limited edition with a lot of extra things like bottoms, and stuff, in a nice box. I hope to get it soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 3:42 pm

I hate to hear that about the vocals. I love the Rampage albums and the Comeau albums, other then that, the vocals ruin it for me.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 4:01 pm

Zdan wrote:
I heard it and I'm diggin' it. The worst part are the vocals as Padden is probably the worst vocalist Annihilator ever had but beyond that it's a very good album. The thrashiest they have done since a long time. Lot's of riffing, sometimes fairly complex and engaging, pounding songs.

Padden catches a lot of flack but I think he's done pretty well for the band. Ironically,he's the most maligned vocalist of their's but has been in the band longer than any of the other singers.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 5:41 pm

007 wrote:
Zdan wrote:

Padden catches a lot of flack but I think he's done pretty well for the band. Ironically,he's the most maligned vocalist of their's but has been in the band longer than any of the other singers.

Well he has certainly improved but that still makes him probably the worst Annihilator vocalist outside of Waters himself. Not that he is bad but his performance is not really on the level of say Randy Rampage or Joe Comeau.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 1:49 am

I still need to buy this album. I heard some samples on YOU TUBE. Very good music.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 11:57 am

I'm behind!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:04 pm

You're a what?

I forget the guys name on, Set The World On Fire, but he was pretty good. That is a very different album for Jeff though. I wonder if he's hard to get along with and that's why nobobdy sticks.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:37 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
You're a what?

I forget the guys name on, Set The World On Fire, but he was pretty good. That is a very different album for Jeff though. I wonder if he's hard to get along with and that's why nobobdy sticks.

You mean Aaron Randall - great singer but not particularly suited to Annihilator. He was great on "Set The World On Fire" but I would love to hear him on more traditionally-minded heavy metal record.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:03 pm

Yeah, that guy. STWOF is actually a more straight forward power metal album. Reminds me of Metal Church.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 4:22 pm

I think DAVID PADDEN is a good singer, he reminds me sometimes of the singer on SET THE WORLD ON FIRE. When he screams i dont like him much but when he sings normaly, its good imo. SCHIZO DELUXE is a good album i think too, but i think their new one is better, at least i hope so.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 4:27 pm

Padden is not bad the problem is that Annihilator had much better singers. Much much better.
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 4:55 pm

I like Padden, I like what he is doing with Annihilator I like the S/T album, a lot of good guitar work which I guess is expected. I don't know I am more familiar with Padden as the vocalist.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 4:58 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Ben, CDInzane has it for preorder for just $18.99.

That's where I'll get my copy.

When it comes to imports, CDI is the place I go 99% of the time!
I missed this I broke down and bought the download copy. It is ok but not my favorite
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 7:15 pm

I got mine from Earache Records and have had it for about 2 weeks now. CDinzane is late on getting in most things. There are far better palces to buy from and cheaper!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 1:46 pm

Just got the album. Annihilator are really back in business. This CD shreds! ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:32 pm

I really like the playing on this new ablum. But the vocals are way too one-dimensional. I've never had a problem with Padden in the past, but here hw just donæt vary at all, almost. And would it kill Jeff to slow down a tad every now and then!??? Man, this album is faaaaaaaaaaaaaast!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:55 pm

Its a great album for anybody into ANNIHILATOR and thrash metal. Great songs, and increible riffs. No modern sound, just cool timeless metal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 5:38 pm

It's on the list.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:50 pm

I never really liked Daves vocals much but after watching the dvd live at the masters of rock he did an outstanding job on the older songs he has improved alot. And to top it off he is not a bad guitar player as well.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
HeavyMetalMerchant
Metal novice
Metal novice
HeavyMetalMerchant

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 1:40 am

I am going to enjoy this.. Jeff Waters is indeed one of the best metal guitarists out there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.heavymetalmerchant.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 3:53 am

I like the Van Halen cover. Jeff really captured Eddie's sound well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGXt0OX-YGM&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next