Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ex-KREATOR, WHIPLASH Members Join Forces

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
I_Love_Thrash
Metal novice
Metal novice
I_Love_Thrash

Number of posts : 4

Ex-KREATOR, WHIPLASH Members Join Forces Empty
PostSubject: Ex-KREATOR, WHIPLASH Members Join Forces   Ex-KREATOR, WHIPLASH Members Join Forces Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 9:49 pm

I'm pretty exited about this project considering insult to injury is one of my all time favorite thrash albums. I always wondered what happen to Glen, This sounds very promising, reminds me a lot of Dead Kennedys meets Black Flag / The Rollins Band, Enjoy

Ex-KREATOR, WHIPLASH Members Join Forces 499945

Via Blabbermouth.net

BROOKLYN MILITIA, the new thrash/hardcore/punk/metal band featuring former WHIPLASH, KREATOR drummer Joe Cangelosi, vocalist Glenn Hansen former WHIPLASH and bassists Richard Day former PRIMAL SCREAM, WHIPLASH will make its live debut on Friday April 5 @ The Acheron venue in Brooklyn, NY.

"Best To Be" the first demo track from BROOKLYN MILITIA is available for streaming below.

Cangelosi is best known for his curved out speedy drum patterns on the 1987/1989 WHIPLASH releases Ticket To Mayhem, Insult To Injury via Roadrunner Records followed by the 1995 KREATOR release, Cause for Conflict release via Gun Records.

Hansen best known for his thrashy powerful progressive vocals
on the 1989 WHIPLASH release Insult To Injury via Roadrunner Records.

BROOKLYN MILITIA is:

Glenn Hansen (WHIPLASH) - Vocals
Joe Cangelosi (WHIPLASH, KREATOR) - Drums/Backing - Vocals
Rich Day (PRIMAL SCREAM, WHIPLASH) - Bass/Backing - Vocals
Lorne Behrman - Guitars

The band is currently writing and demoing material for its debut album,
tentatively due in early 2014 via an as-yet-undetermined record label

www.facebook.com/BROOKLYNMILITIA

Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Ex-KREATOR, WHIPLASH Members Join Forces   Ex-KREATOR, WHIPLASH Members Join Forces Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 10:05 pm

Everything about this post sounds awesome, except for all the parts that mention any punk and/or hardcore bands or sound.

I love the vocals on Insult to Injury, and this all sounds like it could have added up to a killer metal release, but I am not sure what I think of the project as described.

I do like some hardcore punk along the lines of early Crucified, Minor Threat and such, but I am not really very familiar with early punk like DK, Black Flag, etc.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Ex-KREATOR, WHIPLASH Members Join Forces   Ex-KREATOR, WHIPLASH Members Join Forces Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 10:50 am

I really like this. It is very DK!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Ex-KREATOR, WHIPLASH Members Join Forces   Ex-KREATOR, WHIPLASH Members Join Forces Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 11:36 am

Sounds killer to me. Going to be a long wait till 2014 though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ex-KREATOR, WHIPLASH Members Join Forces   Ex-KREATOR, WHIPLASH Members Join Forces Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ex-KREATOR, WHIPLASH Members Join Forces
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: