Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Joe Elliott and The Quireboys

Go down 
+5
MetalGuy71
Eyesore
thejokeriv
manny
tohostudios
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Joe Elliott and The Quireboys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 5:10 pm

I'm getting confused. Joe Elliott and The Quireboys - Page 2 Icon_scratch Is this an album of Mott the Hoople tunes covered by Joe and this new band or is it original tunes written/played in the style of Mott?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 5:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm getting confused. Joe Elliott and The Quireboys - Page 2 Icon_scratch Is this an album of Mott the Hoople tunes covered by Joe and this new band or is it original tunes written/played in the style of Mott?

Original tunes in the style of early 70's glam like Mott etc.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 5:13 pm

Quote :
I wasn't referring to their energy or hunger, which is clearly not even close to what it was back then.

I'd say they were more focused and more freshly influenced by the bands of their youth. I think that is part of the reason they wrote and performed better back then along with the help Pete Willis.

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 5:15 pm

manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

And is Mott considered hard rock?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 5:16 pm

Troublezone wrote:
manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I thought it said it was in the vein of that style with some actual obscure Mott cover tunes.

TZ, that is what it said, I stand corrected.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 5:19 pm

manny wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I thought it said it was in the vein of that style with some actual obscure Mott cover tunes.

TZ, that is what it said, I stand corrected.

I'm the one confused. I had to edit again thinking i read it wrong... Joe Elliott and The Quireboys - Page 2 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 6:03 pm

Back to the original subject, before everyone's panties got too tight, I think this sounds really cool. The DL covers album was great and Joe loves this style so he'll be into it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 6:25 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
BTW, wouldn't this band fit better in the Let the Music Do the Talking forum? I doubt they are metal.
Heart Of Metal: Forum for all metal and hard rock related topics.

Are they hard rock? If so never mind... I thought Mott the Hoople was more along the lines of David Bowie/Ziggy Stardust.
Well, I'm assuming they're going to be more along the hard rock line, but I don't know. No samples yet. This could be 60s psych for all I know.

Last edited by Eyesore on Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 6:33 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Actually, I didn't. I responded to your edit.
You admitted that Mutt (enhanced) their sound which is what i was getting at, even with my original "studio magic" post.
You gotta do a better job at "getting at" something...you know, by maybe just saying it. Haha. I wish I were psychic, but alas, I am not. =(

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this. I love The Quireboys. Hmmm...really not something you'd ever want to say out loud, huh? This should be good.

Last edited by Eyesore on Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 7:44 pm

Quote :
Anyway, I'm looking forward to this. I love The Quireboys. Hmmm...really not something you'd ever want to say out loud, huh? This should be good.

I have all the Quireboys albums. That's why this is an interesting project to me, especially if Spike is involved. I can envision all kinds of potential for a great album with this combination but I can also see a complete disaster.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:56 pm

I couldn't sworn there was an actual Down N Outz thread. Did I miss it somewhere? I swear sometimes the search function is broken...

Anyway, I had the version that came with an issue of Classic Rock magazine (short three songs from the retail version). Really good stuff, wasn't sure if I'd like it and it makes me want to seek out Mott, Hunter and Lions albums. I was working out in the garage earlier listening to 'The Hoople' album (on vinyl from my dad's collection) for the first time. Really enjoyed it. I guess I like 70s glam better than I thought I did!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 1:09 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
I couldn't sworn there was an actual Down N Outz thread. Did I miss it somewhere? I swear sometimes the search function is broken...

Anyway, I had the version that came with an issue of Classic Rock magazine (short three songs from the retail version). Really good stuff, wasn't sure if I'd like it and it makes me want to seek out Mott, Hunter and Lions albums. I was working out in the garage earlier listening to 'The Hoople' album (on vinyl from my dad's collection) for the first time. Really enjoyed it. I guess I like 70s glam better than I thought I did!

While your in the garage working out go your dad's collection and grab Slade, T. Rex and early David Bowie and take them out for a spin, I think you will enjoy them.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 1:46 pm

He's got Bowie's Young Americans but nothing from the other two.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joe Elliott and The Quireboys
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2