Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Joe Elliott and The Quireboys

Go down 
+5
MetalGuy71
Eyesore
thejokeriv
manny
tohostudios
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Joe Elliott and The Quireboys Empty
PostSubject: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 12:10 pm

This could be really great or a total disaster.

Quote :
Def Leppard vocalist Joe Elliott is almost finished recording with his new band Down N' Outz according to guitarist Guy Griffin.

Griffin, best known for his work with the Quireboys, has told Sleaze Roxx, "We've almost finished a record and who knows from there. We've played with Mott The Hoople, doing songs that Mott The Hoople hadn't done outside of Mott The Hoople like Ian Hunter and British Lions, that kind of stuff. Amazing songs that never would have been heard in this day and age, unbelievable songs. Joe Elliott really made an effort to get all these songs heard and we've pretty much finished an album. I just got one song over from Joe with his vocals on it and it sounds unbelievable. We recorded all the songs, we just send them over to Joe in Dublin."

When asked what musical direction Down N' Outz would be taking Griffin responded, "It's open to whatever we want to do with it really. It's a fun thing for all of us. Spike (Quireboys vocalist) has a part in the whole thing as well. It's a side thing, and why not? What we have put on the record sounds amazing. It doesn't sound like The Quireboys and it doesn't sound like Def Leppard. It's a cross between the two and Joe sounds amazing on it."

Down N' Outz are rounded out by drummer Phil Martini, keyboardist Keith Weir, bassist Ronnie Garrity and fellow Quireboys guitarist Paul Guerin.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 12:22 pm

I think it will be great old fashioned, Mott the Hopple meets Faces type of rock n roll CD.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 12:24 pm

manny wrote:
I think it will be great old fashioned, Mott the Hopple meets Faces type of rock n roll CD.

I think you're right, but I think there will be an added element of "suck" on it.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 12:31 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
manny wrote:

I think you're right, but I think there will be an added element of "suck" on it.

LOL!!!!!!

Well, according to Y&T's singer, their forthcoming album won't suck!!!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 1:12 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
manny wrote:

Didn't know you were in the band.

Wicked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Joe Elliott and The Quireboys 19976 Fan boy.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:03 pm

manny wrote:

I'd prefer that over a new Def Leppard album. Could be cool. Joe Elliott and The Quireboys 436688

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:09 pm

So this will be the QUEERBOYS then?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:19 pm

kmorg wrote:
So this will be the QUEERBOYS then?

"This isn't the thread you're looking for. Go about your business. Move along."

Joe Elliott and The Quireboys Old-ben-kenobi

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:31 pm

lol!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:36 pm

I'm still looking for a copy of this album:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cybernauts

Have never been able to find it cheap.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 3:12 pm

Should be interesting if the producer uses some studio magic.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 3:24 pm

Troublezone wrote:
As in?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:40 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
As in?

Mutt Lange did wonders. He pushed Joe to give his best.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:41 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
As in?
Mutt Lange did wonders.
As in?
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:42 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
manny wrote:

Joe Elliott and The Quireboys Lol
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:43 pm

Look above i edited my post. Mutt's direction took Def Leppard and AC/DC to the next level.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:48 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Look above i edited my post. Mutt's direction took Def Leppard and AC/DC to the next level.
Pushing a singer to sing better isn't really studio magic, though; it's just being a good producer. Clearly technology enhances Def Leppard's signature sound, but not by a lot. Listen to the harmonies on On Through The Night—they still had the talent and ability back then, long before Mutt Lange and Pro Tools.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:52 pm

Quote :
Clearly technology enhances Def Leppard's signature sound, but not by a lot. Listen to the harmonies on On Through The Night—they still had the talent and ability back then, long before Mutt Lange and Pro Tools.

So you know what i was getting at the whole time... I didn't say Joe didn't have talent but the balancing/equalizing of the vocals make him sound better. And On Through the Night was a loooooong time ago. They don't have that same energy and hunger.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:55 pm

BTW, wouldn't this band fit better in the Let the Music Do the Talking forum? I doubt they are metal.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 5:00 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Clearly technology enhances Def Leppard's signature sound, but not by a lot. Listen to the harmonies on On Through The Night—they still had the talent and ability back then, long before Mutt Lange and Pro Tools.

So you know what i was getting at the whole time... I didn't say Joe didn't have talent but the balancing/equalizing of the vocals make him sound better. And On Through the Night was a loooooong time ago. They don't have that same energy and hunger.
Actually, I didn't. I responded to your edit.

Generally "studio magic" is used as a negative, inferring that someone can't sing without auto-tune, or some session guitarist playing the leads, or cutting and pasting drum parts to make the drummer seem competent. Stuff like that.

And as for my On Through The Night, I was talking about the fact that back in the late 70s they were able to achieve much of what Mutt enhanced with his production skills. I wasn't referring to their energy or hunger, which is clearly not even close to what it was back then.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 5:01 pm

Troublezone wrote:
BTW, wouldn't this band fit better in the Let the Music Do the Talking forum? I doubt they are metal.
Heart Of Metal: Forum for all metal and hard rock related topics.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 5:02 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

I agree with both of you, I think with Def Leppard, Mutt Lange had the perfect band that wanted to get the perfect sound, as far as vocals,Def Leppard where willing lab rats for Mutt Lange to perfect his studio wizardary. Mutt with AC/DC had a successful professional relationship with them but Bon Scott was not going to do 300 hundred takes for the perfect vocal and the rest of the band had no interest in spending 6 months to get the right snare drum sound.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 5:05 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Heart Of Metal: Forum for all metal and hard rock related topics.

Are they hard rock? If so never mind... I thought Mott the Hoople was more along the lines of David Bowie/Ziggy Stardust.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 5:09 pm

Quote :
Actually, I didn't. I responded to your edit.

You admitted that Mutt (enhanced) their sound which is what i was getting at, even with my original "studio magic" post.

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott and The Quireboys   Joe Elliott and The Quireboys Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joe Elliott and The Quireboys
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next