Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NLTM updated for March

Go down 
+6
manny
Metal Misfit
Eyesore
thejokeriv
mc666
ultmetal
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

NLTM updated for March Empty
PostSubject: NLTM updated for March   NLTM updated for March Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 5:36 pm

http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/updates.htm

Any comments are welcome. If you find any mistakes, typos, broken links, etc. please let me know. It would be much appreciated.

ult

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for March   NLTM updated for March Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 5:54 pm

Deathrow's Satan' Gift was among the first albums i ever purchased with my own money. i played the hell out of that thing.

quite a few good albums reviewed this time around. the Deathrow, Merciless Death, Six Feet Under, Slayer, Vektor, Overkill, & Whiplash. with HoM kinda getting soft these days...i was expecting more Nelson & Warrent type bands.

btw, the rapper on True Carnage is Ice-T, not iced-t (that would be a delicious beverage).

Last edited by mc666 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/mc666
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for March   NLTM updated for March Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 5:56 pm

Nice Slayer review!!! That album rules!!!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for March   NLTM updated for March Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:08 pm

It's not March yet! I demand you remove that update until tomorrow.

EDIT: Reading the Overkill review, are you listing Peter Tagtgren as being a member of Arch Enemy and Dimmu Borgir? Or has he worked those bands' albums in some way? If it's the former, he was never in those bands. His main band is Hypocrisy, and Pain would probably be his other main band.

But I'm sure you know all that.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for March   NLTM updated for March Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 8:24 pm

I was looking for more info on that Whiplash album. AllMusic.com says "I've Got the Fire" is a cover of an Iron Maiden song. NLTM updated for March 201269

A cover of a cover? Really? Geez, those guys have gotten really sloppy in the last few years. They also claim Dokken's Back in the Streets unauthorized 1979 demo EP is a reunion album featuring George Lynch.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for March   NLTM updated for March Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 8:26 pm

Excellent job and I am enjoying reading the reviews.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for March   NLTM updated for March Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:02 pm

I liked your review for Disturbed my eldest stepson loves that band
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for March   NLTM updated for March Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:51 pm

mc666 wrote:
Deathrow's Satan' Gift was among the first albums i ever purchased with my own money. i played the hell out of that thing.

quite a few good albums reviewed this time around. the Deathrow, Merciless Death, Six Feet Under, Slayer, Vektor, Overkill, & Whiplash. with HoM kinda getting soft these days...i was expecting more Nelson & Warrent type bands.

btw, the rapper on True Carnage is Ice-T, not iced-t (that would be a delicious beverage).

Thanks for catching the Ice-T error. Fixed that.

Should have a bunch more heavy reviews in the next update as well, however, there was several WARRANT reviews in this last update too. Warrant doen't suck as much as I had always thought they did. I'm kinda diggin' them.

Eyesore wrote:
It's not March yet! I demand you remove that update until tomorrow.

EDIT: Reading the Overkill review, are you listing Peter Tagtgren as being a member of Arch Enemy and Dimmu Borgir? Or has he worked those bands' albums in some way? If it's the former, he was never in those bands. His main band is Hypocrisy, and Pain would probably be his other main band.

But I'm sure you know all that.

Peter Tagtgren helped produced Arch Enemy and Dimmy Borgir in the past, but if that's how it came across, I'll need to fix it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for March   NLTM updated for March Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:22 pm

Dimmu Borgir, not Dimmy Borgir.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for March   NLTM updated for March Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 11:40 am

Required Fields wrote:
Dimmu Borgir, not Dimmy Borgir.

I prefer to call them Dummy Burger.....

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for March   NLTM updated for March Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:09 pm

I've heard them called that before, too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for March   NLTM updated for March Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 3:41 pm

BTW, nice update, Scott Very Happy

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for March   NLTM updated for March Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:41 pm

Ult, check you Overkill Ironbound review. It's their 16th studio album, not 14th. #14 was RelXIV.

16 studio albums. Think about that for a second. Not counting ep's, live albums, comps, etc. Studio albums. 16. What other thrash band of that era comes close to that amount, not to mention maintaining that intensity for so long?

Megadeth (12)
Slayer (11)
Anthrax (9)
Metallica (9)
Testament (9)
Exodus (9)

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for March   NLTM updated for March Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:12 pm

Thanks. Fixed that error.

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for March   NLTM updated for March Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NLTM updated for March
Page 1 of 1