Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NLTM March '13 Update

Go down 
+7
adrian
Required Fields
nevermore
chewie
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

NLTM March '13 Update Empty
PostSubject: NLTM March '13 Update   NLTM March '13 Update Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:38 am

http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/updates.htm

As always I appreciate you guys pointing out any broken links, typos, errors, etc. Thanks. headbanger

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '13 Update   NLTM March '13 Update Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 11:24 am

Uriah Heep - Argus
'Bands like Iron Maiden and Helloween are largely influenced but this band's sound.'

Joan Jet - I Love RnR
'However it was leaked to rock radio by the banf, '

Rusted Brain
'whose full-lenght debut is on independent Irish label Slaney Records'
"High Voltage Thrash is a killer thrash metal album. [missing the closing "]

Boarders
'the Megadeth influences still show through, through they are in no way a clone'
'speed metal songs on the album and boasts and crunchy riff and Egidio Casati's raspy vocal approach' [I think you have too many "and" in there]

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '13 Update   NLTM March '13 Update Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 1:43 pm

Talking about WASP in that other thread, I noticed that your WASP page has 2 albums out of chronological order. KFD (1997) came out before Double Live Assassins (1998). You have them switched.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '13 Update   NLTM March '13 Update Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 1:49 pm

Metallica "Ride The Lightning" review:

I couldn't even count the number of times I have listened to this one of the years.

"Over the years"

Def Leppard Pyromania review:

Despite the slick production, "Hysteria" was the last Def Leppard album that i found enjoyable and it's my least favorite of their first three albums.

"Despite the slick production, "Pyromania" was the last....

Scorpions Savage Amusement review:

"Waling on the Edge" is a good ballad though it isn't quite on the same level as "Holiday" or "Lady Starlight".

"Walking"
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '13 Update   NLTM March '13 Update Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 2:26 pm

Your not alone, I think Adrian Vandenberg has(or had) that Schenker sound as well.

Vinyl Confessions.....

That reminds me......

A lot of those songs were already demoed with Walsh on vocals and the songs he wrote ended up as Streets songs.

I'm gonna grab that new Voivod. I forgot that it was out.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '13 Update   NLTM March '13 Update Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 3:09 pm

Thanks for helping me proofread. Appreciate it.

chewie, the new Voivod is fantastic IMO.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '13 Update   NLTM March '13 Update Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 4:49 pm

Great update! I enjoyed the reviews of Antestor, Flotsam & Jetsam and Lich King since I've been curious about these relases and have yet to pick them up.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '13 Update   NLTM March '13 Update Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 9:14 pm

nevermore wrote:
Great update! I enjoyed the reviews of Antestor, Flotsam & Jetsam and Lich King since I've been curious about these relases and have yet to pick them up.

The Flotsam has seen a lot of play time for me.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '13 Update   NLTM March '13 Update Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 9:52 pm

I noticed that Pyromania error as well. Knowing Scott's hatred for Hysteria, I knew it was a typo.

Last edited by Required Fields on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '13 Update   NLTM March '13 Update Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:45 pm

Required Fields wrote:
I noticed that Pyromania error to myself. Knowing Scott's hatred for Hysteria, I knew it was a typo.

Should be fixed now.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '13 Update   NLTM March '13 Update Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:49 pm

It is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '13 Update   NLTM March '13 Update Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 1:04 am

Good stuff. I would also recommend getting the first 2 Wishbone Ash records, those are a little more straight-ahead heavy blues rock, not quite as much of the folk elements.

A bit of trivia, they were discovered by Ritchie Blackmore who helped get them signed.

Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '13 Update   NLTM March '13 Update Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 4:08 am

In your The Legacy review you mention the song "The Legacy" which of course was not on that album but Souls of Black. Just before that you wrote "Along in the Dark" instead of Alone
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '13 Update   NLTM March '13 Update Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 5:45 pm

Ult, have you heard the Swedish band Graveyard? Pretty great '70s-style hard rock - in fact, the first time I heard them, I thought they were an actual '70s rock band!

BTW, how come there was no february update?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '13 Update   NLTM March '13 Update Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 7:52 pm

I'm with you on the lyrics of black metal. Most of the black metal I listen to is either so hard to understand that it doesn't matter or it's in a non-English language. Thankfully, there are also plenty of black metal bands that focus on mythology or other topics other than their hatred for Christianity. Though I understand how it's not your thing. Even though I like it, it is a mood music and not something for mass consumption.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '13 Update   NLTM March '13 Update Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 9:26 pm

I noticed that Testament's name is not capitalized in one part of your review for The Legacy.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '13 Update   NLTM March '13 Update Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 1:29 am

Great reviews as always.

Graveyard are a must.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '13 Update   NLTM March '13 Update Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 3:11 am

Witchcraft I find to me more consistent and interesting than Graveyard overall. I like both but Graveyard seems to be declining with each successive album.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '13 Update   NLTM March '13 Update Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 9:57 am

S.D. wrote:
Witchcraft I find to me more consistent and interesting than Graveyard overall. I like both but Graveyard seems to be declining with each successive album.

Gotta agree with SD here. If you're gonna go with one Swedish retro band, I'd go with Witchcraft before Graveyard. Or try Horisont.

All three bands are not without merrit though. Some just better than others.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '13 Update   NLTM March '13 Update Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 11:12 am

In the Dead Winter Dead review you mention that the Sarajevo track was revirded by TSO. That is incorrect. In fact, it us the other way aroud. The Savatage version is the same one used for the first TSO album.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '13 Update   NLTM March '13 Update Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 1:16 pm

kmorg wrote:
In the Dead Winter Dead review you mention that the Sarajevo track was revirded by TSO. That is incorrect. In fact, it us the other way aroud. The Savatage version is the same one used for the first TSO album.

Never knew that. Thanks. Always thought the Savatage version came first.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '13 Update   NLTM March '13 Update Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 1:40 pm

ultmetal wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Never knew that. Thanks. Always thought the Savatage version came first.

Ha, my typos screwed that up. Yes, the Savatage version came first, and the same version was used for TSO. But your review suggests the opposite.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '13 Update   NLTM March '13 Update Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 12:47 pm

From Your Reverend - Live ep review: "B.O.B." is a new song.

Wrong! B.O.B. stands for "Butcher Of Baghdad, alas the same song as on the "Play God" album.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '13 Update   NLTM March '13 Update Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 12:57 pm

kmorg wrote:

Wrong! B.O.B. stands for "Butcher Of Baghdad, alas the same song as on the "Play God" album.

Thanks. Wrote that blurb probably 20 years ago and no one ever noticed it or mentioned it, including band members (haha!).

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '13 Update   NLTM March '13 Update Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 1:24 pm

ultmetal wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Thanks. Wrote that blurb probably 20 years ago and no one ever noticed it or mentioned it, including band members (haha!).

There's a typo in there too...

"I haven't seen this many people in here since Metallica wamed up for Metal Church."

I just saw this ep in the used bins at FYE last night and thought about picking it up, but passed. Should I go back?

PostSubject: Re: NLTM March '13 Update   NLTM March '13 Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NLTM March '13 Update
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: