Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B)

Go down 
+27
Grimmo
GrandNational
Planchaaaa
tul
A Handful of Wayne
Joe
SlaytanicPOWER
Thrasher73
nevermore
MetalGuy71
ZetaReticuli
ultmetal
Wargod
Rex
Eyesore
AchrisK
Metallic Blaze
Schbopo
scottmitchell74
Jesusandmetal23
T-Roy
Lurideath
Temple of Blood
Metal Misfit
mc666
Troublezone
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B)   New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:13 am

Bring back Zetro.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B)   New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:49 am

ultmetal wrote:
If this album is anything like Exhibit A, I probably won't be digging it. I like Tempo of the Damned. I thought Shovel Headed was good, but a fair bit weaker. I didn't care much for Exhibit A, mostly due to the vocals and the lyrics. Dukes isn't a bad vocalist, but whereas Baloff and Zetro gave Exodus some personality. Dukes just sort of fits in with the pack, sounding like any number of modern metal vocalists.

The lyrics on Exhibit A were not only an attack on religion, but anyone that has any sort of faith in God whatsoever. Basically Holts lyrics make the claim that if you have faith in a God you are ignorant. As such, they are preaching a message that is just as extreme and ridiculous as the hyper-conservative religious preachers. Slayer may attack the hypocrisy in the church and government, and rightly so. Hypocrisy deserves to be attacked. However, Holt attacks Christianity and the very idea of God itself and makes claims such as "eternal life in heaven is a fallacy" and "Christ is the same yesterday today and forever is a lie."

Those are some of the things i don't like about Gary & Exodus. But i can't help but admire Gary's guitar riffs and music. Kerry King and Gary Holt seem very outspoken about their distaste and hate for Christianity and it gets to me sometimes but the music is killer. Hopefully the lyrics will be toned down a bit this time. I really don't think King is much nicer toward Christianity than Gary is... they both have pretty venomous things to say in their most recent albums.
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B)   New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:14 pm

They look like neo-nazis to me.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B)   New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:27 pm

Quote :
I like Tempo of the Damned.

The lyrics are pretty disrespectful on that one as well. Is it the lesser of the two evils?...
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B)   New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:30 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
I like Tempo of the Damned.

The lyrics are pretty disrespectful on that one as well. Is it the lesser of the two evils?...

The lyrics are HORRIBLE on that disc but the music is some of their very best.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B)   New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:39 pm

The artwork doesn't do anything for me. Don't like or dislike it. It's just there. As for the album itself, I'll pass. Lyrically, whatever they're up to doesn't bother me. I just don't care for Rob Dukes vocals. While I've slightly warmed-up to Shovel Headed..., it's probably bottom of the list when I want to hear some Exodus.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B)   New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:44 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The artwork doesn't do anything for me. Don't like or dislike it. It's just there. As for the album itself, I'll pass. Lyrically, whatever they're up to doesn't bother me. I just don't care for Rob Dukes vocals. While I've slightly warmed-up to Shovel Headed..., it's probably bottom of the list when I want to hear some Exodus.

I flatout couldn't stand Dukes at first because i was a Zetro fan but what can i do? He's in the band and probably not going anywhere anytime soon. I think he's generic compared to Souza but i can tolerate him.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B)   New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:53 pm

Troublezone wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I flatout couldn't stand Dukes at first because i was a Zetro fan but what can i do? He's in the band and probably not going anywhere anytime soon. I think he's generic compared to Souza but i can tolerate him.

I have a promo copy of Let There be Blood and I thought he sounded ok covering the old tunes, but like Ult mentioned, I think he's kinda bland I guess. I'm a Zetro fan as well, but what are you gonna do? He's out and Dukes is in. I've got plenty of other thrash that I can enjoy without putting in the effort that I would if I were to try and become a Dukes fan. C'est la vie.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B)   New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 2:39 pm

The artwork is ok. Nothing really that spectacular about it. I doubt I'll be picking this up. I agree with the others who don't like Rob Dukes vocals.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B)   New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 3:22 pm

ZetaReticuli wrote:
Bring back Zetro.

That would be fine by me.

I'll probably get this eventually.Not a priority.Dukes is alright as a vocalist but I miss Zetros sneer.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B)   New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 5:33 pm

best Exodus singers IMO:

1. Rob Dukes
2. Steve Sousa
3. Paul Baloff

Baloff is my least favorite, but I still like him.

I like Sousa and Dukes about the same. They are both fine thrash vocalists.

They are all good. Gary knows how to pick em.

And as far as the lyrics are concerned - Gary has a right to write about what he wants to. I agree with many of their lyrics. And I disagree with many of their lyrics as well.

The thing I like about the songs is that they are written intelligently. Even if I don't happen to agree. I can still enjoy the intelligence with which Gary writes.

I don't listen to a band because of their lyrics though. I listen if their music KICKS ASS! And Exodus' DOES!!!

Anyway ... to each his own.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B)   New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 5:54 pm

Exodus lyrics today are worse than on Bonded By Blood! I'll stick with Fabulous Disaster and Pleasures of the Flesh please.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B)   New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 7:32 pm

After listening to some of the new tracks from the upcoming new album i can see that Rob Dukes is finally comfortable in his role as lead singer for Exodus. His voice is more confident and relaxed.

From what i've read the lyrics are more about war and social commentary rather than bashing religion this time... I can't wait for this record! New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B)   New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 10:41 pm

Exodus Myspace

New songs are up on here.

This is some PRIMO thrash! Great stuff!
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B)   New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 10:45 pm

Troublezone wrote:
After listening to some of the new tracks from the upcoming new album i can see that Rob Dukes is finally comfortable in his role as lead singer for Exodus. His voice is more confident and relaxed.

From what i've read the lyrics are more about war and social commentary rather than bashing religion this time... I can't wait for this record! New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 11840

Looks like they left behind the "evil" lyrics, I might be interested in this one.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B)   New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 10:47 pm

The lyrics aren't blasphemous at all from what I've heard so far. Dukes actually sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B)   New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 10:49 pm

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:
The lyrics aren't blasphemous at all from what I've heard so far. Dukes actually sounds good.

Yeah, looks like this album is going to have something for everyone!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B)   New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 8:11 am

Cant' freekin WAIT!!!

New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 778825 New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 778825
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B)   New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 1:35 pm

I never had a problem with Dukes,thought he fit the band well.I like what I'm hearing off the new one. This should be fantastic !
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B)   New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 4:38 am

007 wrote:
I never had a problem with Dukes,thought he fit the band well.I like what I'm hearing off the new one. This should be fantastic !

New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 495333
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B)   New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 6:07 pm

Anyone else pick this up yet? Thoughts?

I've got about halfway through and am liking what I hear so far!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B)   New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 6:11 pm

Yea its ok. Still miss Souza though. If anyone hasn't picked it up yet and wants an autographed copy I think Newbury Comics still has some left on their site, but im not 100% sure. I got mine though. Pretty cool deal.

Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: great   New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 3:59 pm

It is a a great record. New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 11840 New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 11840 New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 11840 Especially
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMAWHp_rNds
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCEfScOIWfU&feature=related

New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 11840 New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 11840 New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 11840 New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 11840 New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 11840 New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 11840
Hope I can see them live this time!
Back to top Go down
Planchaaaa
Metal novice
Metal novice
Planchaaaa

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B)   New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 5:37 pm

tul wrote:
It is a a great record. New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 11840 New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 11840 New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 11840 Especially
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMAWHp_rNds
Wow.. on first listen, that ("Beyond The Pale") sounds like exactly like a complete re-write of 'Scar Spangled Banner'. I mean it's a fine song.. but geez!.

Tempo of the Damned is one of my favourite albums of all time, but they've never released anything since (apart from 'Raze' & 'Deathamphetamine' on SHKM that i've liked. I'll still be checking this out though.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B)   New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 5:43 pm

June 11th at the Key Club in LA....I just might have to go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B)   New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Exodus artwork (Exhibit B)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next