Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :)

Go down 
+5
Addy
Stender
Fat Freddy
Metallic Blaze
Eyesore
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :) Empty
PostSubject: Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :)   Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 4:11 pm

Please check us out and give constructive criticism Smile
i must say the vocals are crap only because our vocalist had to leave early the day of recording and lyrics were written on spot. We did the best we could without any warm ups and in 2 takes. It will be re-recorded soon Smile
God bless!
http://www.myspace.com/hopeforthefallen.ne
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :)   Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 4:59 pm

No warm-ups, crap vocals, lyrics written on the spot, recorded in two takes.

I gotta ask. Why put this online? This is the kind of stuff that shouldn't be heard by the general public. All musicians have this sort of thing on tapes or CDRs, or whatever, it's part of the game. But we, as in the world, shouldn't be hearing it. Why? Because it's usually not that good.

Hone your skills at playing, writing, and recording. And practice, practice, practice. Do all that before you put this stuff on MySpace. Too many young bands just put out nonsense solely because they can. It's not going to help you in the long run.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :)   Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 5:21 pm

The singing is what we recorded in 2 takes. the rest of the song is good to us. We do practice alot, and we've gotten that pointer from many people. I'd like to thank you for taking the time to listen to it if you did, and also thanks for the feedback bud!
God bless ya.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :)   Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 5:24 pm

I wish you'd come out to one of our shows to see that our playing isnt half bad. We dont do it for the money nor the fame. We do this to spread the word about our saviour Jesus Christ. We do like to have fun and enjoy playing music but its solely done for our God. I'd say we have more talent live than in the studio and sure great bands have talent at both but it is our first time recording.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :)   Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 5:29 pm

Oh, I'm not commenting on the music at all. It's not the kind of stuff that should be commented on, you know. It's not in a state that deserves feedback. It's too rough. What I'm saying is, before putting stuff online, make sure it's tight, as close to done as possible.

Two takes, no warm-ups, bad vocals, with lyrics written right then and there—that's not the kind of stuff you should be putting out there, you know. Especially when you have that kind of message behind it. WWJD? Not uploaded those songs.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :)   Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 9:27 pm

Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :) Lol
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :)   Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 9:32 pm

OOOUUUUUUCH!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :)   Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:11 pm

It's true though.

This type of thing is what so many Christians do. They represent Christ (supposedly), yet they display trash in his name.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :)   Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:32 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
It's true though.

This type of thing is what so many Christians do. They represent Christ (supposedly), yet they display trash in his name.
Wait a minute here. I wasn't saying this dude was misrepresenting Christ or whatever, just himself and the music. It's in a garage/basement rehearsal state, meant to be heard by the band members, maybe some friends, a few family members, but not the world.

I mean, they can whatever they want, of course; I'm just saying they should hone their skills and songs first. Those tracks aren't ready.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :)   Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:35 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
It's true though.

I wouldnt go that far...
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :)   Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:49 pm

Yeah, that was probably a bit harsh of me.

I apologize for that.

I didn't mean any offense by that. But it did bring up some memories of situations like this in the past. Where a band will play crappy music -- and just expect people to think it's great because it represents Christ.

I don't like that. Not that this person is doing that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :)   Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 11:45 pm

well you said its trash, God doesn't think so man. To him any praise no matter how horrible sounding it is its pleasant to him because its praising him. We've practiced enough to where we felt comfortable with sharing our music with people. The track music-wise is great from everyone we've heard. The only thing that people have gave negative feedback is on the singing. That was the only thing written on spot. We didn't think about putting it in until we were there. I appreciate your comments though.
God bless!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :)   Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 11:49 pm

i was also not putting out that the track is amazing and we're better than anyone, we where just looking to get some feedback on what people might have thought about our music ya know?, sure the second song is garbage but it was mostly put up to show people what our music sounded like. The track titled burritos are sleeping bags for ground beef is what we recorded professionally. To us and many many people it sounded great for our first professional recording, but hey negative feedback will always be there, and its not a bother. Everyone has their opinion.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :)   Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:33 am

"Burritos are Sleeping Bags For Ground Beef?" Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :) 201269

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :)   Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 9:16 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Burritos are Sleeping Bags For Ground Beef?" Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :) 201269
I think that's a Mitch Hedberg joke. Dude was hilarious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :)   Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:52 pm

Quote :
well you said its trash, God doesn't think so man. To him any praise no matter how horrible sounding it is its pleasant to him because its praising him.

What happened to "playing skillfuly"?

God may be happy with your Praise & your effort...but it doesn't mean it was ready for the masses to hear.

One more example of the internet spawning too many bands.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :)   Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:24 pm

Are we not to do all things as unto the Lord?

Im not a fan of this style of vox myself thats just me, but musically it sounds alright but could be tightend up a bit as there are a few areas that it sounds a tad sloppy.

Quote :
but hey negative feedback will always be there, and its not a bother. Everyone has their opinion

I dont see any negative feedback here what I see is CONSTRUCTIVE Criticism and you asked for it, if you dont like what you are reading then you shouldn't have asked. I'd take the advice given as this place has alot of musicians and people in bands
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :)   Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:54 am

I checked it out. I am a huge fan of metal, but I'm not sure what that was; core, emo, whatever. The clean vocals need some work. The death growls are ok, but frankly, just sound like any other garden variety metalcore/deathcore band. The song jumps around and has nothing really memorable about it. Not really my thing.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :)   Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:52 am

HAHAHAHA!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

PostSubject: Re: Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :)   Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 12:26 pm

The mix sounded like what happens when you play a few different tunes at the same time. Very chaotic sounding ? Don't let folks get you down. you will never plaese everyone. Spend some cash on lessons and some (better?) computer recording software. The walk through on the computer recording process will help out with song arrangements, perhaps ? It will also give you patience and understanding as to what it takes to write music. Sure setting up and jamming is fun but usually it ends up being a run away train. Try wrting a song on acoustic guitar and play it to the other members and let them bring in what they hear. Once you have set that place to go, you can add the flavors needed to make it what yu want. Cause when it's all said and done, if you can't pick up an acoustic guitar and play the music and sing the words. Then you never really had a song to begin with.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :)   Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 12:39 pm

Lurideath wrote:
HAHAHAHA!
Awesome. Let's laugh at the guy. sigh
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :)   Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Lurideath wrote:
HAHAHAHA!
Awesome. Let's laugh at the guy. sigh

Maybe he was laughing at me. I am pretty dorky! \'arry \'eadbanger

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :)   Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:10 am

Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :) 201269
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :)   Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:38 am

I think the Bible states to make a 'Joyful Noise Unto the Lord" not a "painful noise"
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :)   Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:49 pm

Sorry I was laughing at what Shawn said.

He asked for opinions and he got what he was asking for.

Personally I cannot stand the style of music so I won't say anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :)   Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please check out my band! fresh new track up! :)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next