Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The picture thread

Go down 
+66
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Vagabond
Boris2008
corplhicks
spiderhaven
CRIMSONMASK
martinsane
Big Rich
jstate
mc666
Dark Horseman
ShadowAngel
Wurthless
A Handful of Wayne
Eyesore
The_Jayroh
Witchfinder
SpectreFate
Ricky
Mglaffas81
bassman
holydiver97595
troublemagnet
Shawn Of Fire
metallicleora
sovdat
Joe
Thrasher73
GrandNational
exact33
powermacho
ultmetal
Wargod
chewie
ZetaReticuli
Jesusandmetal23
DallasBlack
Leatherface
MetalGuy71
Ultimate.Nightmare
nevermore
Troublezone
EvyMetal
Smindas
Ford.Prefect
SlaytanicPOWER
Metallic Blaze
kmorg
SideShowDisaSter
manny
Dave the Boss
Shiney
DeathCult
T-Roy
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
Schbopo
Hate Forest
Required Fields
tohostudios
Orion Crystal Ice
Stender
Olafsto
scottmitchell74
James B.
70 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

The picture thread - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The picture thread   The picture thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 10:00 pm

ShadowAngel wrote:

I just don't understand why guys who look good (and not like metrosexual douchebags) have to call themselve 'ugly' all the time.

A confidence problem maybe? don\'t know
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The picture thread   The picture thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 1:00 am

ShadowAngel wrote:
Joe wrote:
probably not
Don't destroy the illuson lol! I just don't understand why guys who look good (and not like metrosexual douchebags) have to call themselve 'ugly' all the time. Dallas Black looks good, he likes cats that's two plus points (he has a minus for liking some wrestlers i hate and overall disagreeing with me on that topic every time Wink )

Appreciate the compliment, it’s not often an attractive woman calls me good looking. Which is why my confidence in my looks is a little low. The women in my family tell me I’m a good looking guy (though they want me to shave and cut my hair), but of course, they’re family, they’re supposed to say that. However, part of saying ‘my ugly mug’ is somewhat me being humorous. While I’m a bit of a critic of my looks, I don’t think I’m THAT ugly (especially when my hair is down and I have a beard of some sort), just not the sort attractive women (or women I find attractive) would go for. As far as the wrestling thing goes, I tend to be a little pig headed in my opionon of it Very Happy . After 20+ years of watching it I’m pretty much set in my ways. That’s one of the reasons I don’t participate in wrestling forums, that and many of the participants in those tend to be asses (actually in most forums, HoM is the only one I’ve ever felt the want or need to participate in).

Quote :
and not like metrosexual douchebags

I do take pride in the fact that I look like a real man and not some pretty boy Very Happy I'd much rather have my 'need to loose some weight' fat with my body hair (not George The Animal Steele or Prince Albert hairy though, thank God) than be anorexic thin and shop for my pants in the woman's section (there was this guy in my automotive school that was one of those real thin pretty boys and he admitted to buying women's pants because they fit him better) and shave my body hair (no offense to HoM members who shave their bodies, but men are supposed to be hairy).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: The picture thread   The picture thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 1:27 pm

mc666 wrote:
ShadowAngel wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
I had some fun with my iPod's camera app and took these pictures of my ugly mug:

You're not ugly, you're actually quite good looking i think.
And that secone pic really screams Lynyrd Skynyrd Very Happy
a love connection?

Chuck says no.

The picture thread - Page 32 Chuck-woolery1

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: The picture thread   The picture thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 3:57 pm

mc666 wrote:
ShadowAngel wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
I had some fun with my iPod's camera app and took these pictures of my ugly mug:

You're not ugly, you're actually quite good looking i think. And that secone pic really screams Lynyrd Skynyrd Very Happy

a love connection?

The picture thread - Page 32 166287-bronson-pinchot
"Of course not, don't be ridiculous."

Though it would be nice to find an attractive woman who likes metal and pro wrestling, but you can't have everything.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The picture thread   The picture thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 4:46 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
mc666 wrote:
ShadowAngel wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

You're not ugly, you're actually quite good looking i think. And that secone pic really screams Lynyrd Skynyrd Very Happy

a love connection?

The picture thread - Page 32 166287-bronson-pinchot
"Of course not, don't be ridiculous."

Though it would be nice to find an attractive woman who likes metal and pro wrestling, but you can't have everything.

dont forget who can cook, clean and do laundry and loves football.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: The picture thread   The picture thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 4:50 pm

All except the last part. Very Happy I don't like football. I can tolerate it, but I don't go out of my way to watch it. Yeah, a Texan who doesn't like football and modern country is blasphemy of the worst kind don\'t know .
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The picture thread   The picture thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 6:10 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
All except the last part. Very Happy I don't like football. I can tolerate it, but I don't go out of my way to watch it. Yeah, a Texan who doesn't like football and modern country is blasphemy of the worst kind don\'t know .

well I understand. I wouldnt want to root for the Cowboys either..

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39598

PostSubject: Re: The picture thread   The picture thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 7:38 pm

exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Nobody wants to root for the Cowboys \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: The picture thread   The picture thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 7:43 pm

007 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Nobody wants to root for the Cowboys \'arry \'eadbanger

You'd be suprised. After all, there are still people who root for the Cubs (yes, that's baseball but it still applies).
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The picture thread   The picture thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 1:42 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

Pfft, Americans don't play football, as they mostly use their hands! Real women like soccer Very Happy

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37648

PostSubject: Re: The picture thread   The picture thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 2:03 pm

The picture thread - Page 32 HeavyMetalCowboy

Dallas is lookin' a little like Jesse James DuPree (Jackyl) here.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: The picture thread   The picture thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 3:42 pm

kmorg wrote:

Pfft, Americans don't play football, as they mostly use their hands! Real women like soccer Very Happy

I never understood why it's called American Football, it doesn't make much sense and it makes conversations with americans difficult, because football for me is what you all call soccer.
Though i can watch American Football, i like the Tampa Bay Buccaneers a bit since i've seen a game there on one of my USA vacations. It's ok.
My favourite sport is Hockey, i love it.
Those are also the only 2 north american sports i like. Can't stand Wussball and Baseball is....i think it was only invented so americans can drink their 'beer' and eat their hot dogs somewhere else than at home Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de

PostSubject: Re: The picture thread   The picture thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 3:48 pm

ShadowAngel wrote:
Baseball is....i think it was only invented so americans can drink their 'beer' and eat their hot dogs somewhere else than at home Wink

...and skip work to attend games.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28448

PostSubject: Re: The picture thread   The picture thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 5:09 pm

A photo of me with Dave Grant from Stygian Sky:
The picture thread - Page 32 423653_10150716311505845_669595844_11586006_1046656633_n
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: The picture thread   The picture thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 6:41 pm

Two weekends ago my sister came over to have us remove wallpaper and this past weekend, my uncle and aunt came over to help us sand the walls and put joint compound on the walls. Friday we sanded the walls then put on a coat of joint compound. Saturday we sanded again and put another coat on. However, they had to leave that day so I needed to sand the walls again on my own. Very messy job:

The picture thread - Page 32 DSC03213The picture thread - Page 32 DSC03206

I don't think I want to ever do this again. If I ever have a house I'll make sure to have enough money for a professional to do it. However, doesn't look to bad and will be even better with some primer and paint:

The picture thread - Page 32 DSC03216The picture thread - Page 32 DSC03215
The picture thread - Page 32 DSC03214

I have some more pictures from the house remodeling but my computer is screwing up so I will have to come back after re-setting it.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The picture thread   The picture thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 8:44 pm

good job there DB. Drywalling and its various attached tasks is one of my least favorite jobs.

exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The picture thread   The picture thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 8:47 pm

kmorg wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

yes, because we all like a game where most of the entertainment is watching the fans beat the living daylights out of each other in stands because no one can score on the field....

Laughing

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The picture thread   The picture thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 8:49 pm

exact33 wrote:
kmorg wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
All except the last part. Very Happy I don't like football. I can tolerate it, but I don't go out of my way to watch it. Yeah, a Texan who doesn't like football and modern country is blasphemy of the worst kind The picture thread - Page 32 436688 .

yes, because we all like a game where most of the entertainment is watching the fans beat the living daylights out of each other in stands because no one can score on the field....

Laughing

The picture thread - Page 32 201269

Soccer will never be a major sport in the US unless they figure out a way to increase scoring or figure out a way to let the players clobber each other. Watching paint dry or my grass grow is far more interesting to me than "futbol".

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28448

PostSubject: Re: The picture thread   The picture thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 8:50 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Two weekends ago my sister came over to have us remove wallpaper and this past weekend, my uncle and aunt came over to help us sand the walls and put joint compound on the walls. Friday we sanded the walls then put on a coat of joint compound. Saturday we sanded again and put another coat on. However, they had to leave that day so I needed to sand the walls again on my own. Very messy job:

The picture thread - Page 32 DSC03213The picture thread - Page 32 DSC03206

I don't think I want to ever do this again. If I ever have a house I'll make sure to have enough money for a professional to do it. However, doesn't look to bad and will be even better with some primer and paint:

The picture thread - Page 32 DSC03216The picture thread - Page 32 DSC03215
The picture thread - Page 32 DSC03214

I have some more pictures from the house remodeling but my computer is screwing up so I will have to come back after re-setting it.

Cool. I will be moving into a new house in a few months. My family and I will be doing a lot of work on it before I officially move in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: The picture thread   The picture thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 10:11 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Soccer will never be a major sport in the US unless they figure out a way to increase scoring or figure out a way to let the players clobber each other. Watching paint dry or my grass grow is far more interesting to me than "futbol".

No, i mean if you watch your typical American Football game, how much scoring is there? Just because you get 6 points for a touchdown and 1 point for the kick or 2 for the 2 point conversion, it's still only 1 goal. So you have 21:14 which is basically a 3:2 if you count it in soccer, a very normal score. I think a lot of people think a higher score is better. It happened to pinball games. Until the 70's a bumper gave you maybe 1000 points, in the 90's you got 100.000 and while in the 70's something like 100.000 points was extremely good, a 90's pinball got you 100 millions of points, it got ridiculous. Same as with sports...more is better, even though 7 points are like a hockey or soccer goal.

The reason why Soccer is unpopular in the USA is because they suck at the sport. The US national team isn't good and most americans are so patriotic, they want to be Nr. 1, they only like the sports they dominate. American Football, Baseball and Wussball (basketbal) they dominate them, so those are the most popular sports. Golf was popular because a lot of americans like Jack Nicklaus and Tiger Woods were big at it. It's the same with Hockey. Ice Hockey is awesome, fast, hard hitting, lots of goals, fights, blood, violence...yet it's unpopular in the USA because the USA suck at it, it's dominated by the canadians, russians and finns.
If that wasn't the reason that american soccer league in the late 70's would've been popular. Cosmos New York was that team that have every all star soccer player from Pele to Franz Beckenbauer and yet nobody gave a smurf poo about it (as far as i know, they went out of businness a short time later) which i can't understand, a team that had all those legends should've attracted a lot of people, yet nobody wanted to see them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The picture thread   The picture thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 10:19 pm

ShadowAngel wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

No, i mean if you watch your typical American Football game, how much scoring is there? Just because you get 6 points for a touchdown and 1 point for the kick or 2 for the 2 point conversion, it's still only 1 goal. So you have 21:14 which is basically a 3:2 if you count it in soccer, a very normal score. I think a lot of people think a higher score is better. It happened to pinball games. Until the 70's a bumper gave you maybe 1000 points, in the 90's you got 100.000 and while in the 70's something like 100.000 points was extremely good, a 90's pinball got you 100 millions of points, it got ridiculous. Same as with sports...more is better, even though 7 points are like a hockey or soccer goal.

The reason why Soccer is unpopular in the USA is because they suck at the sport. The US national team isn't good and most americans are so patriotic, they want to be Nr. 1, they only like the sports they dominate. American Football, Baseball and Wussball (basketbal) they dominate them, so those are the most popular sports. Golf was popular because a lot of americans like Jack Nicklaus and Tiger Woods were big at it. It's the same with Hockey. Ice Hockey is awesome, fast, hard hitting, lots of goals, fights, blood, violence...yet it's unpopular in the USA because the USA suck at it, it's dominated by the canadians, russians and finns.
If that wasn't the reason that american soccer league in the late 70's would've been popular. Cosmos New York was that team that have every all star soccer player from Pele to Franz Beckenbauer and yet nobody gave a smurf poo about it (as far as i know, they went out of businness a short time later) which i can't understand, a team that had all those legends should've attracted a lot of people, yet nobody wanted to see them.

Good points. But for our American sensibilities, a 21-14 score in our football is a lot more interesting than a 3-2 score in the rest of the world's futbol because there most likely will have been a lot of hard tackles, great catches and hard hits in our game than in your's.

I think it's more a difference in the audience of the games than the actual games themselves.

And you also have a point that the US generally sucks at soccer; America hates to watch a loser. But for me personally, I just find the sport of soccer boring period; I couldn't care less who's playing I'd still rather watch golf or poke out my eyes.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: The picture thread   The picture thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 10:32 pm

I personally get bored watching any sports, but it sure is entertaining listening to sports fans argue. Very Happy When I was younger I liked baseball but it was more playing it, collecting the cards, and following the statistics. I also wrestled in high school (the actual sport of course), but I even get bored watching that. How I can watch a fake sport I'm not able to tell. However, I enjoy sports movies so maybe it's related to that.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: The picture thread   The picture thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 10:55 am

The picture thread - Page 32 391437_209087235859128_1682891292_n

The picture thread - Page 32 389254_209087085859143_100002735595319_314110_656243523_n

Maiden roadie jacket from the first tour. Never worn, just picked it up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37648

PostSubject: Re: The picture thread   The picture thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:06 am

tohostudios wrote:

One of my favorite "Simpsons" moments ever was when the Soccer World Cup was held in Springfield, the whole town turned out to watch the game, and they were all bored within two minutes. Naturally a fight breaks out in the stands, and Groundskeeper Willie sez to his two Scottish friends "They call this a soccer riot? C'mon lads, let's take'em to school!" they all produce crowbars and bats from under their kilts and start crackin' heads. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The picture thread   The picture thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 3:35 pm

Soccer is more interesting if you start placing bets on which Nancy boy will get grazed on the ankle and go down. And any sport that decides the tie games by lining up and covering their groins with their hands has issues. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The picture thread   The picture thread - Page 32 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The picture thread
Page 32 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 42  Next