Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best show you ever went to.

Go down 
+21
SAHB Healer
Addy
Forhekset
Mglaffas81
Jesusandmetal23
James B.
Shiney
QuothTheRaven
Troublezone
Dave the Boss
kmorg
mc666
Leatherface
Metallic Blaze
manny
thejokeriv
EvyMetal
iamrockerfun
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Ford.Prefect
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Best show you ever went to. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 6:43 pm

Large venue: Judas Preist and UFO in spring 1978. These were two of the best live sets ever, back to back on the same stage. The set lists were most of the songs from "Strangers in the Night" and "Unleashed in the East", pretty much.

Small venue: Nik Turner's Hawkwind- Space Ritual '95 tour.
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:12 am

Ford.Prefect wrote:
I'm just curious what was your favorite show/concert whatever you wanna call it that you ever attended? Who played? and what put it over the top for you?

I'm compiling a list of stories and experiences to hopefully put into print in the neasr future. Your input is greatly appreciated.

The more you can write about your experience the better.....thanks again!

In terms of music and spectacle, it would have to be U2 during their Achtung Baby tour. Simply awesome. I also had seats on the floor right next to the catwalk, on the 9th row. I was maybe just a few feet from Bono. The show and the song selection was excellent, and the atmosphere and energy in the crowd was undescribable. Public Enemy and the Sugar Cubes opened up, and both were great (especially P.E.).

In terms of sentimental value, I would go with Paul McCarthy's "Off the Ground" tour, maybe a few months later. I went to see it with my father, and will always remember standing there humming Beatles tunes with him.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 12:01 pm

My room, last night. I was nude, there were lights. It was filmed. I look good. I am sexy. Greatest show on Earth.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 12:03 pm

Rhapsody, W.A.S.P....Those are standouts that I can think of right now...brain not working..
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:52 pm

Neuropete wrote:
In terms of music and spectacle, it would have to be U2 during their Achtung Baby tour. Simply awesome. I also had seats on the floor right next to the catwalk, on the 9th row. I was maybe just a few feet from Bono. The show and the song selection was excellent, and the atmosphere and energy in the crowd was undescribable. Public Enemy and the Sugar Cubes opened up, and both were great (especially P.E.).

Oh gawd dude! "Achtung Baby" is my all time favorite U2 album! I would have paid with blood to see that concert!!! At the time though, I was too young to drive - and no one would take me. I remember being really excited about seeing this tour. Never happened.

You are soo lucky to have seen that!!!

I saw The Cure on next year's "Wish" tour though - so that kinda made up for it. I guess.

Best show you ever went to. - Page 2 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Ultimate.Nightmare
Metal novice
Metal novice
Ultimate.Nightmare

Number of posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:31 am

Lizzy Borden on a warmup show back in '99 before he went back on the road. I got so shitfaced I jumped up on stage and shot a pic with Lizzy and I...Had it signed by him when I saw them next.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 9:43 am

probably the five times ive seen metallica over the years
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 11:58 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Neuropete wrote:

Oh gawd dude! "Achtung Baby" is my all time favorite U2 album! I would have paid with blood to see that concert!!! At the time though, I was too young to drive - and no one would take me. I remember being really excited about seeing this tour. Never happened.

You are soo lucky to have seen that!!!

I saw The Cure on next year's "Wish" tour though - so that kinda made up for it. I guess.

Best show you ever went to. - Page 2 Icon_lol

I would like to say it sucked to make you feel better...but it was freakin' aawwwesome! Best show you ever went to. - Page 2 Icon_lol

We lined up before dawn to get tickets (this was before the internet totally ruined the ticket sales experience). The atmosphere outside the mall where the ticketmaster was at was awesome. Then, they came by and game up a lottery ticket to see where we would line up to buy the concert tickets. All of my friends and I had high numbers, except for my last friend, who go NINE!!!! we all gave him our money, and he was able to get some awesome tickets on the floor, right next to the catwalk. I remeber also that it was a miraculous night... I actually managed to hit myself in the face with a twirling concert t-shirt, and lost a contact lense. I was bummed about seeing the show with only one eye, when I saw the lense was clinging to my shirt!!!! I don't know how I found it with all those people, noise and lack of proper lighting, but I did...and the show went on!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:26 pm

Wow, awesome story Neuropete!!!

Best show you ever went to. - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best show you ever went to.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: