Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best show you ever went to.

Go down 
+21
SAHB Healer
Addy
Forhekset
Mglaffas81
Jesusandmetal23
James B.
Shiney
QuothTheRaven
Troublezone
Dave the Boss
kmorg
mc666
Leatherface
Metallic Blaze
manny
thejokeriv
EvyMetal
iamrockerfun
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Ford.Prefect
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ford.Prefect
Metal novice
Metal novice
Ford.Prefect

Number of posts : 51

Best show you ever went to. Empty
PostSubject: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 4:32 pm

I'm just curious what was your favorite show/concert whatever you wanna call it that you ever attended? Who played? and what put it over the top for you?

I'm compiling a list of stories and experiences to hopefully put into print in the neasr future. Your input is greatly appreciated.

The more you can write about your experience the better.....thanks again!

Last edited by Ford.Prefect on Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 4:34 pm

Twisted Sister 2008. The band blew the roof off the joint. Dee Snider is the best frontman in rock. Period.
Back to top Go down
Ford.Prefect
Metal novice
Metal novice
Ford.Prefect

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 4:36 pm

Snider does have an awesome stage presence.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 4:36 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Twisted Sister 2008. The band blew the roof off the joint. Dee Snider is the best frontman in rock. Period.

headbanger

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37627

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 4:37 pm

Small venue: Savatage w/Trouble at L'amour in Brooklyn, September of 1990. Savatage were at their absolute peak (GUTTER BALLET tour) and Trouble were pimpin' their best album (the self-titled 1990 debut for Def American). Simply a fantastic show all around.

Large venue: Metallica's AND JUSTICE FOR ALL TOUR @ Meadowlands Arena in New Jersey, July of 1989. I'd seen Metallica once previously (and three more times since) but this particular show was the last time I could really think of Metallica as a "big METAL band" as opposed to a "big BAND," period.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 4:38 pm

I've been to sooooo many great shows, it's impossible to pick only one.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 4:46 pm

1. U2 = KiSS same position.
2. Alice Cooper
3. Ozzy
... long time of black hole and than other bands.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 6:03 pm

Loudness, 2006, still when Munetaka was still around. Some of the best concerts I've ever been to have been at crappy venues.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 6:17 pm

O man, that is tough, seen so many awesome shows!!!!!!! Memorable ones include KISS reunion tour, Iron Maiden in Mexico City on the last tour (with 60,000 metal heads in a baseball stadium!!!!), U2 Zoo TV tour (Achtung Baby album tour), Queensryche Building Empires tour, Megadeth/Testament Rust In Peace/Practice What You Preach tour, Stryper THWTD & IGWT tours - THWTD show was my first concert, IGWT was the my first show at the barrier during an arena show, and the list goes on and on and on........
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 6:36 pm

Easy one to answer, and it is a tie, Deep Purple 'Perfect Strangers tour' in 1985. I even remember the opening act: Giuffria

and in 1989 The Rolling Stones 'Steel Wheels Tour' with Living Colour as the opening act.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 8:06 pm

Operation Mindcrime. If you saw it you know why.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 1:13 am

1. Depeche Mode in 2001 in Denver, Colorado. Simply incredible. No other words can do it justice.

2. Testament/Savatage/Dark Angel in 1990 in Phoenix, Arizona. It was Testament's "Practice What You Preach" tour and Savatage's "Gutter Ballet" tour rolled into one. Simply INCREDIBLE!!! I was just a kid at the time, but I was awe-struck for about a week after this show. Still gives me the chills when I think about it.

3. Nightwish live in 2007, Albuqueque, New Mexico. This was their current tour. Great show. Simply one of my favorite bands -and one of the best live bands out there.

4. Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot in 2007 - Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Those would be my top 4. I've seen many many great shows though.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18903

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 4:20 am

Metallica in 93.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 5:23 am

i do not go to many shows... so Deicide, Adrift, Malevolent Creation.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 6:54 am

ultmetal wrote:
I've been to sooooo many great shows, it's impossible to pick only one.

Ditto. Here are some favorites:

Savatage (all 4 times!), Kiss on the first reunion show (2 times), Iron Maiden on their Somewhere Back in Time tour. Stryper last month! Candlemass w/Messiah Marcolin at Sweden Rock Festival.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:02 am

Candlemass with Messiah at the Arnhem Metal Meeting (pretty big festival in my hometown) in 2005, and Pagan Altar at the Dutch Doom Days in 2007. I'm gonna see both of 'em again later this year at the Roadburn festival (Candlemass will be performing Epicus in its entirety... with Johan! Best show you ever went to. 11840). Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:31 am

It's hard to pick but Dio/Iron Maiden at Irvine Meadows was cool.

Last edited by Troublezone on Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:14 am

TheNazgul wrote:
Operation Mindcrime. If you saw it you know why.

Yep!!! That was in my list - the Building Empires tour for Empire where they played all of Operation:Mindcrime!!!! AWESOME show!!!!!!!!! They opened with Walk In The Shadows, played Roads To Madness and all the awesome, awesome hits!!!!!
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:57 am

Alice Cooper w/ BOC at the Ohio State Fair in August, 2009. Blue Oyster Cult's set was impressive. I had never seen them and they played very well. Rudy Sarzo was on bass and was phenomenal. Alice Cooper was at the beginning of the "Theater of Death" tour, which was basically a greatest hits live. He did fan favorites from all eras woven into a storyline about a killer who kept coming back after execution. He was guillotined, hung and shoved into an iron maiden throughout the course of the concert. It was an incredible show. As always, he surrounded himself with great musicians! Loved every minute of it. The fact that I shared the experience with my sons made it even better! Best show you ever went to. 438278
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:01 pm

I have seen alot of shows in my time...but the best ever goes to 16 HORSEPOWER. Just an all out amazing gig.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:11 pm

I am not gonna get into any club stuff.

My favorite was Day 2 of US 83' in Devore ( San Bernardino) Calif on Labor Day week-end at Glen Helen Regional Park. Over 250.000 heads were there.

Quiet Roit, Motley Crue, Ozzy (first gig w/ Jake), Triumph, Judas Priest. Scorpions, and Van Halen.

My very first concert at California Jam in 74' was a close second

If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 2:25 pm

Aerosmith
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 1:47 pm

PRIEST FEAST - Testament, Megadeth, and Judas Priest in one night of serious metal madness!! Best show you ever went to. 11840
Back to top Go down
Forhekset
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 3:21 pm

Nigel Shaw & Carolyn Hillyer
Inkubus Sukkubus
Satyricon
The Cult
Iron Maiden
Katatonia
Black Sabbath
Billy Idol
Carcass
Saxon
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 6:34 pm

Deliverance in 1991

Stryper in 2003
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best show you ever went to.   Best show you ever went to. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best show you ever went to.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: