Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pat Benatar rocks!

Go down 
+11
the sentinel
nevermore
MetalRob331
Neuropete
James B.
Fat Freddy
manny
tohostudios
Orion Crystal Ice
thejokeriv
Metallic Blaze
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Pat Benatar rocks! Empty
PostSubject: Pat Benatar rocks!   Pat Benatar rocks! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 6:23 pm

I was cranking Pat Benatar earlier today and man - she really knew how to rock!

I know she wasn't metal and not even really hard rock.

But man - she was a rocker! I need to get more of her stuff. I only have a greatest hits album right now.

Any other fans?

Pat Benatar rocks! Orig-9089101
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Pat Benatar rocks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat Benatar rocks!   Pat Benatar rocks! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 6:32 pm

Yep!!!! Her older stuff is awesome!!!! And she can sing her a$$ off!!!!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Pat Benatar rocks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat Benatar rocks!   Pat Benatar rocks! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 6:49 pm

Great voice. 'Love is a Battlefield' was one of the first songs I ever remember distinctly liking, back when I were a wee OCI.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Pat Benatar rocks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat Benatar rocks!   Pat Benatar rocks! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 7:03 pm

What are your favorite albums?
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Pat Benatar rocks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat Benatar rocks!   Pat Benatar rocks! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 7:14 pm

I was never quite moved enough to make a purchase, partially because some of the lines in her stuff are....wow, oh so cheesy in that uncomfortable, Stryper kind of way. But I'm relieved when her stuff comes on the radio if it's on.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Pat Benatar rocks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat Benatar rocks!   Pat Benatar rocks! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 7:54 pm

Pat Benatar is the reason I discovered John Mellancamp.

I loved the song "I Need A Lover" from the In The Heat Of The Night Album so I sought out the original version. The rest is history; I own everything Mellancamp has ever done.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Pat Benatar rocks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat Benatar rocks!   Pat Benatar rocks! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:30 pm

I am huge Pat Benatar fan, and if you are looking for studio albums outside of comp CD's, 'In the Heat of the Night' and 'Crimes of Passion' are excellent slabs of the late 70's hard rock.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Pat Benatar rocks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat Benatar rocks!   Pat Benatar rocks! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:31 pm

manny wrote:
I am huge Pat Benatar fan, and if you are looking for studio albums outside of comp CD's, 'In the Heat of the Night' and 'Crimes of Passion' are excellent slabs of the late 70's hard rock.

Agree - great place to start!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

Pat Benatar rocks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat Benatar rocks!   Pat Benatar rocks! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:38 pm

Ahhhh, Patty. She was my first "MTV Crush" back in the early 80s... when MTV first went on the air they played her vids almost constantly. She was so freakin' hot. And, as noted earlier, she could sing her a## off.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

Pat Benatar rocks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat Benatar rocks!   Pat Benatar rocks! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 1:45 am

Tiny lil chick with a powerful voice. Always wondered how stronger her voice would of been if she had larger breasts Pat Benatar rocks! 685534

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Pat Benatar rocks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat Benatar rocks!   Pat Benatar rocks! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 4:54 am

manny wrote:

I think I'll pick both of those up on my next shopping spree! Thanks for the advice!

Pat Benatar rocks! 438278
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

Pat Benatar rocks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat Benatar rocks!   Pat Benatar rocks! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:23 am

I absolutely love her. I remember getting into her and Joan Jett back in elementary school and middle school, when I first began to get into music. She has a great voice, and I remember thinking she was really attractive. I also had a bit of a crush on her. It helped that one of my best friends in middle school had an older sister that looked AND dressed like her (and whose name was Patsy). I used to make up excuses just to go to his house!

Agree on "In the Heat of the Night" and "Crimes of Passion" are probably her best, but I would add "Precious Time" in there too... and actually, I always liked "Get Nervous". She was definitely trying to record a record different than her earlier ones, but I think she still keeps that strong melodic element that keeps marching bands everywhere re-interpreting her songs.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Pat Benatar rocks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat Benatar rocks!   Pat Benatar rocks! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 12:54 pm

Pat rocks and yes she is Hard Rock..When I hear Pat the first thing I take note of his how amazing Neil "Spyder" Giraldo was with his guitar work. Perfect match...
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

Pat Benatar rocks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat Benatar rocks!   Pat Benatar rocks! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 2:16 pm

I have always wanted to see Pat live. She has always been a truly fantastic singer, imo.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

Pat Benatar rocks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat Benatar rocks!   Pat Benatar rocks! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 2:18 pm

nevermore wrote:
I have always wanted to see Pat live. She has always been a truly fantastic singer, imo.

Pat can still belt it. A year or two ago my wife and I watched her on an episode of CMT's "Crossroads" where she performed live with Martina McBride and not only did Pat still look great, she still kicked a$$.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Pat Benatar rocks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat Benatar rocks!   Pat Benatar rocks! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 2:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
nevermore wrote:

Pat can still belt it. A year or two ago my wife and I watched her on an episode of CMT's "Crossroads" where she performed live with Martina McBride and not only did Pat still look great, she still kicked a$$.

I seen that as well and she belted it out like she was 20 again...Martina is no schlouch either..