Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KROKUS - Hoodoo

Go down 
+9
tohostudios
Lionheartâ„¢
Gilbert
James B.
Wargod
krokus
Glenn Rogers
fingers
Metal Misfit
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

KROKUS - Hoodoo Empty
PostSubject: KROKUS - Hoodoo   KROKUS - Hoodoo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 12:23 am

"Hoodoo Woman" streaming on their MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/krokusonline

Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

KROKUS - Hoodoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: KROKUS - Hoodoo   KROKUS - Hoodoo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:22 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
"Hoodoo Woman" streaming on their MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/krokusonline

Good stuff!

Heard they are releasing a new album soon
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

KROKUS - Hoodoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: KROKUS - Hoodoo   KROKUS - Hoodoo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 12:25 pm

Is it like the Headhunter stuff? I want to like this cd...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

KROKUS - Hoodoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: KROKUS - Hoodoo   KROKUS - Hoodoo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:19 pm

Yes, again its going to be a great album. ROCK THE BLOCK and HELLRAISER were great too but i think this one will be even better, with the original line up.
HAIL TO KROKUS FOREVER.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

KROKUS - Hoodoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: KROKUS - Hoodoo   KROKUS - Hoodoo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:31 pm

Love the band and the original band is even better.

Wargod50
Back to top Go down

KROKUS - Hoodoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: KROKUS - Hoodoo   KROKUS - Hoodoo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:57 pm

Anyone else picked this up yet?

It freakin' smokes! It's raunchy rock n roll ala One Vice At A Time.

Where AC/DC's "Black Ice" failed as a classic rock n roll album, "Hoodoo" succeeds in spades.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12635

KROKUS - Hoodoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: KROKUS - Hoodoo   KROKUS - Hoodoo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 3:27 pm

I have seen a vid clip for "Hoodoo Woman" and went looking for a copy recently, but to no avail.

I think the line up that did One Vice At A Time is who recorded the new one ?

Kohler and Von Arb on guitars, Von Rohr on bass, Steady on drums, and Storace on Voice KROKUS - Hoodoo 11840

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

KROKUS - Hoodoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: KROKUS - Hoodoo   KROKUS - Hoodoo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 4:21 pm

Krokus are an amazing band. Headhunter makes it in the top 10 of my favourite metal albums.

I hope the new album delivers.
Back to top Go down
Lionheartâ„¢
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 61

KROKUS - Hoodoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: KROKUS - Hoodoo   KROKUS - Hoodoo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 4:44 pm

I love Headhunter and think that is a classic and their defining moment along with Metal-Rendezvous. Looking forward to this one, even though the style of music is not what I reach for nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

KROKUS - Hoodoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: KROKUS - Hoodoo   KROKUS - Hoodoo Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 3:44 pm

I was listening to Russian Winter earlier this evening. What a song KROKUS - Hoodoo 11840
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

KROKUS - Hoodoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: KROKUS - Hoodoo   KROKUS - Hoodoo Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 7:07 pm

This album's awesome! KROKUS - Hoodoo 604261
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

KROKUS - Hoodoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: KROKUS - Hoodoo   KROKUS - Hoodoo Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 9:09 am

Based on this sleazeroxx review, I may pick this up.

Quote :
Few hard rock bands have garnered as much scorn as Krokus. I'm not sure if the ridicule had to do with the group's AC/DC derivative sound, their outrageous wardrobe and hairstyles, their inclination to release cover songs or the fact they originate from Switzerland. Whatever the reason, most of the bad press Krokus has amassed over their long and storied career has been unwarranted, because the music itself is usually very entertaining. Hoodoo is no exception, following right where 2006's satisfying Hellraiser left off.
With the classic One Vice At A Time line-up intact for the first time since 1982 these seasoned veterans sound completely re-energized. There isn't rocket science involved when it comes to a Krokus album, just no-frills hard rock played with passion and honesty. Both of those qualities are found on Hoodoo, which is a fun album, nothing more and nothing less. Elements of the band's past surface occasionally, such as the need for a cover song -- this time an excellent rendition of Steppenwolf's "Born To be Wild". Sure this song has been done to death, but Krokus do it as well as anyone.
Comparing Hoodoo to One Vice At A Time isn't that much of a stretch as Krokus seems to have recaptured the energy they displayed all those years ago. There is no denying that the band has matured, but that doesn't mean they have mellowed with age. Far from it, as "Drive It In" kicks off the disc with a chugging rhythm before the first single "Hoodoo Woman" infuses some slight blues rock to the proceedings. The fun doesn't end there, as the grizzled rockers rev things up on "In My Blood", "Keep Me Rolling", "Shot Of Love" and super-charged closer "Firestar". You have to love an album that ends on such a high note.
There was only one song on the entire CD that left me cold, that being "Rock'N'Roll Handshake". Musically the song is fine, but lyrically it is the type of song that gives the Krokus bashers more ammo. Perhaps the rock'n'roll handshake was to be the band's version of the metal horns, but it really doesn't pack the same punch does it?
There are plenty of people out there who will write Hoodoo off for the simple fact that it was released by Krokus, but my advice is to completely ignore them. Krokus has recorded a stellar album here, a CD that is every bit as good as Hellraiser, and then some! The band members are sporting quite a few more gray hairs these days, but the attitude, drive and musicianship screams 1980.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

KROKUS - Hoodoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: KROKUS - Hoodoo   KROKUS - Hoodoo Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 5:01 pm

I love "Rock 'n' Roll Handshake" and agree that their Steppenwolf cover is awesome. It actually makes me like the song! Such a great album, I don't know how it compares to the rest of their material because I've never owned a studio album from them before but is easily making my Top 10 for 2010.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

KROKUS - Hoodoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: KROKUS - Hoodoo   KROKUS - Hoodoo Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 5:09 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
I love "Rock 'n' Roll Handshake" and agree that their Steppenwolf cover is awesome. It actually makes me like the song! Such a great album, I don't know how it compares to the rest of their material because I've never owned a studio album from them before but is easily making my Top 10 for 2010.

For crying out loud Metal Misfit as a man who loves 80's metal you need to grab 'HeadHunter' 'One Vice at a Time' and 'Metal Rendevous', all great albums.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

KROKUS - Hoodoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: KROKUS - Hoodoo   KROKUS - Hoodoo Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 12:20 am

I think this is a really solid disc. I still think Hellraiser was a bit better, but still very good.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

KROKUS - Hoodoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: KROKUS - Hoodoo   KROKUS - Hoodoo Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 10:30 am

It is a solid album. The Steppenwolf cover is a bit redundant. It's been done a million times over, and while their cover isn't bad, it isn't nearly as good as others. However, the rest of the album is superb. Simple, straight forward heavy metal. "Hoodoo" sounds like it could have been the missing follow-up to "One Vice At A Time". KROKUS - Hoodoo 11840

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

KROKUS - Hoodoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: KROKUS - Hoodoo   KROKUS - Hoodoo Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 12:55 pm

I am loving this album. Good stuff!

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

KROKUS - Hoodoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: KROKUS - Hoodoo   KROKUS - Hoodoo Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 3:23 pm

I love this album, it is Krokus making a great simple hard rock album as if music had not progressed one iota since 1983, for most bands this would be a bad thing but not for Krokus
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

KROKUS - Hoodoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: KROKUS - Hoodoo   KROKUS - Hoodoo Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 10:05 pm

This album is fun. I really enjoy listening to it.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

KROKUS - Hoodoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: KROKUS - Hoodoo   KROKUS - Hoodoo Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 8:40 am

exact33 wrote:

As do I. Rocked it again at 5:30 AM this morning on the way to work. KROKUS - Hoodoo 11840

The King
exact33

KROKUS - Hoodoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: KROKUS - Hoodoo   KROKUS - Hoodoo Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 12:44 pm

ultmetal wrote:
exact33 wrote:

As do I. Rocked it again at 5:30 AM this morning on the way to work. KROKUS - Hoodoo 11840

you go ult!!

Sponsored content

KROKUS - Hoodoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: KROKUS - Hoodoo   KROKUS - Hoodoo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KROKUS - Hoodoo
Page 1 of 1