Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation

Go down 
+10
INVADERS
Rex
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Thrasher73
Troublezone
ohwellmonkey
mc666
metalheaded
Metallic Blaze
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation Empty
PostSubject: MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation   MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 6:53 pm

MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation 187417

I'm a long time Testament fan, dating back to when I was just a kid in 1989 and buying "The New Order" for the first time. I saw them live on their "Practice What You Preach" tour and have purchased every album they have put out (with the exception of live albums and some EPs).

However, when "The Formation of Damnation" came out last year - I was floored. This is what a comeback album is all about to me. Bands like Barren Cross and others who are thinking of recording a new album need to really take a look at albums like this. This album easily stacks up to their early albums to me. It's one of my favorites to be sure.
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation   MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 8:28 pm

Yes, an absolutely killer album. To me, it's the perfect blend between the sound from the first 3 albums and the later stuff. I like the whole thing; no filler here!

headbanger
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation   MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 11:05 pm

a very good album, but still a step down from The Gathering in intensity & aggression.

ohwellmonkey
Metal student
Metal student
ohwellmonkey

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation   MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 11:08 pm

This is an awesome record. But the 911 song is kinda dated.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation   MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 2:44 am

I think it's the best reunion album in recent times.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation   MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 7:58 am

Its a great album blending elements of new and old Testament.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation   MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 8:46 am

It's Testament! It rules!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation   MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 10:08 am

Great album. This one remained in rotation for me for months after purchase. Great "comeback" album. This is how it should be done.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation   MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 10:24 am

I love Testament but this album didn't grab me whatsoever. I was EXTREMELY disappointed in it.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation   MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 10:29 am

It's an awesome album but i agree with mc666 that it is a step down from The Gathering but awesome to hear Skolnick's solos again.
Bostaph's drumming is relentless.
The only song that i don't like is Dangers Of The Faithless. Didn't really catch me that one.

TESTAMENT RULES!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation   MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 12:36 pm

This one caught me off guard with how good it was. Put to shame Metallica's DM.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation   MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 1:41 pm

Yeah another fine album. It was great to hear this when it came out and still gets spins from time to time. A few bleh songs, but overall its good.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation   MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 1:26 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Great album. This one remained in rotation for me for months after purchase. Great "comeback" album. This is how it should be done.

Same here. I cranked this one pretty much nonstop last summer.

It's easily in my top 5 favorite Testament albums. I'd place it here:

1. The Legacy
2. The New Order
3. Practice What You Preach
4. The Formation of Damnation
5. The Gathering
6. First Strike Still Deadly
7. Demonic
8. Souls of Black
9. Low
10. The Ritual

The don't have a bad album though.

Oh - and I just got news that Testament will be releasing a new album in 2010!!!

MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation 11840 MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation 11840 MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation 11840
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation   MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 12:25 pm

As mnay folks here may recall, this album cover used to be my avatar here! I LOVE THIS CD! 10/10 Can't wait to FINALLY see Testament on 2/01! I'm buying a testament shirt, too! MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation 11840
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6335

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation   MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 1:09 pm

I've been listening to this lately. I'm really digging Leave Me Forever.

And I'm not even having relationship troubles.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation   MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 1:13 pm

I really like "Henchman Ride" and "The Evil has Landed" but most of the rest doesn't do much for me. I agree that it is a step down overall from "The Gathering". Even though it is nice to hear Skolnick with them again, I don't think his solos on this disc were as catchy and great as the ones he did in their early days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation   MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MB's album of the day 12/9. Testament ~ The Formation of Damnation
Page 1 of 1