Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MB's album of the day 12/6. Sabbat ~ Dreamweaver

Go down 
+3
Dave the Boss
Lurideath
Metallic Blaze
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

MB's album of the day 12/6. Sabbat ~ Dreamweaver Empty
PostSubject: MB's album of the day 12/6. Sabbat ~ Dreamweaver   MB's album of the day 12/6. Sabbat ~ Dreamweaver Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 10:15 pm

MB's album of the day 12/6. Sabbat ~ Dreamweaver 491

I really like this album. It epitomizes a great time for music. The late 80's second wave of thrash really had so much greatness to offer - and this album is part of that.

I always wished the band would have forged further ahead in this style. Anyway - any other fans?
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/6. Sabbat ~ Dreamweaver   MB's album of the day 12/6. Sabbat ~ Dreamweaver Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 11:18 pm

Excellent choice! Killer album. I'd even say this is their best one, but they are all good.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/6. Sabbat ~ Dreamweaver   MB's album of the day 12/6. Sabbat ~ Dreamweaver Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 6:40 am

Not a big fan of these guys. Gimme the Japanese Sabbat any time of day, hehe.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/6. Sabbat ~ Dreamweaver   MB's album of the day 12/6. Sabbat ~ Dreamweaver Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:36 am

Great album IMO.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/6. Sabbat ~ Dreamweaver   MB's album of the day 12/6. Sabbat ~ Dreamweaver Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:41 am

One of my favorites!!

You are really surprising me with some real heavy albums, MB!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/6. Sabbat ~ Dreamweaver   MB's album of the day 12/6. Sabbat ~ Dreamweaver Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 11:08 am

Never heard this one. I used to own Morning Has Broken, but it didn't do much for me for whatever reason.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/6. Sabbat ~ Dreamweaver   MB's album of the day 12/6. Sabbat ~ Dreamweaver Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 1:50 pm

Mourning Has Broken is not a good representation of Sabbat as after Dreamweaver, half the band left. Specifically, vocalist and lyrical genius Martin Walkyier was amongst the leavers, after having a falling out with Andy Sneap regarding the somewhat long-winded nature of his riffing. A History of a Time To Come and Dreamweaver are basically essential British thrash - two albums of relentless riffs, barked and brilliantly worded vocals and generally just a lot of thrashing about. Glad they reunited a few years back, have had a chance to see them a couple of times and they do not disappoint. Also got to meet Martin a few times as well, which was a bit of a Skyclad-fanboy moment for me - extremely friendly guy though.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/6. Sabbat ~ Dreamweaver   MB's album of the day 12/6. Sabbat ~ Dreamweaver Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 4:38 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Never heard this one. I used to own Morning Has Broken, but it didn't do much for me for whatever reason.

Yeah dude, that album is not a good representation of Sabbat at all. It's almost like a different band. Even the style of music is different. If you like some real good Kreator-ish thrash with touches of technical prowess and a bit of folk thrown in - you'd like this album.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/6. Sabbat ~ Dreamweaver   MB's album of the day 12/6. Sabbat ~ Dreamweaver Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 4:39 pm

kmorg wrote:
One of my favorites!!

You are really surprising me with some real heavy albums, MB!

Haha. Thanks. I'm actually very diverse with my tastes. I like a lot of non-metal stuff, but at the same time I like a lot of really heavy stuff too. I'm all over the map actually. I guess I'm weird, but I'm just me.

MB's album of the day 12/6. Sabbat ~ Dreamweaver Icon_biggrin

That said, power metal is still my favorite genre.

MB's album of the day 12/6. Sabbat ~ Dreamweaver 395375
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/6. Sabbat ~ Dreamweaver   MB's album of the day 12/6. Sabbat ~ Dreamweaver Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 4:47 pm

Quote :
If you like some real good Kreator-ish thrash with touches of technical prowess and a bit of folk thrown in - you'd like this album.

Hmmmmmm based on that, I'd probably pass. I like Kreator in small doses. Technical prowess is cool. Folk music? No thanks. Too much other stuff to invest in. I still have mp3 files on my computer for Morning Has Broken, sold the actual disc. Thanks for the input though.

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/6. Sabbat ~ Dreamweaver   MB's album of the day 12/6. Sabbat ~ Dreamweaver Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MB's album of the day 12/6. Sabbat ~ Dreamweaver
Page 1 of 1