Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any news on the new Accept album?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

Any news on the new Accept album? Empty
PostSubject: Any news on the new Accept album?   Any news on the new Accept album? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 3:08 am

I was told that Accept were about to release a new album. Any update?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Any news on the new Accept album?   Any news on the new Accept album? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 8:14 am

Looking forward to this new release as I am a big Accept and TT Quick fan. headbanger

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Any news on the new Accept album?   Any news on the new Accept album? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:00 am

It's currently in the works. Andy Sneap is producing it, but no release date has been announced that I know of.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Any news on the new Accept album?   Any news on the new Accept album? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:49 am

Here is a short interview with wolf Hoffman from Blabbermouth:

Pat Prince of Powerline A.D. spoke with guitarist Wolf Hoffmann of Accept. Segments taken from the interview follow below:
Powerline A.D.: Word has it the new album is almost finished. Is that true? If so, any word on a release date? Title? etc?
Wolf: Right now we are recording at Andy Sneap's studio in the U.K. It's going great. Andy is an incredible talented producer and we all are enjoying the recording process very much. Actually, we just finished recording drums. Release is planned for early 2010.
Powerline A.D.: New singer, Mark Tornillo, is exciting to fans. He has a good Bon Scott raspiness to his voice. A much more appropriate replacement for Udo than, say, another David Reece. His arrival into the history of Accept happened pretty fast, no?
Wolf: Yeah, very fast indeed. Peter [Baltes, bass] and I were jamming one weekend near his home in Pennsylvania — this is all after Udo [Dirkschneider, former Accept vocalist] had just announced there was no chance of a reunion with him. So, needless to say, we wanted to let off some steam and just shred. We were tossing some ideas around like we always have. Peter and I have always been a good team when it comes to writing songs. Of course, jamming is a lot more fun with a singer and somebody suggested to give Mark Tornillo a call to see if he would join us. He lived around the corner and when we called him he said he had tough cold that had been dragging on for some time but he was gonna come anyhow. One thing led to another and before we knew it we were jamming Accept tunes. Turns out Mark knew a bunch of the Accept classics from having covered them back in the day with his band TT Quick. Mark started singing and within a few moment Peter and I looked at each other: Are you thinking what I am thinking?... A couple of songs from this impromptu jam session were later posted online.
Powerline A.D.: Did you ever have a chance to speak to Udo about joining the new reunion?
Wolf: There were negotiations and talks going on for quite some time — mostly through his management. Udo finally stated publicly — on his website — that he was not interested in leaving his own band U.D.O. for Accept. After a 20-year career with U.D.O. we had to respect his decision. No bad feelings from our side.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any news on the new Accept album?   Any news on the new Accept album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any news on the new Accept album?
Page 1 of 1