Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Manowar - Thunder in the Sky

Go down 
+11
mc666
Fat Freddy
sam
Metallic Blaze
thejokeriv
A Handful of Wayne
MetalGuy71
exact33
nevermore
ultmetal
kmorg
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Manowar - Thunder in the Sky - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:10 pm

Anything that you can shorten dow to T.I.T.S. is great, in my book! Manowar - Thunder in the Sky - Page 2 695652

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:14 pm

kmorg wrote:
Anything that you can shorten dow to T.I.T.S. is great, in my book! Manowar - Thunder in the Sky - Page 2 695652

Manowar - Thunder in the Sky - Page 2 Lol Manowar - Thunder in the Sky - Page 2 Headbang Manowar - Thunder in the Sky - Page 2 Headbang

Seriously though ... I had NO idea this EP was this good!!! This is actually quite a return to form for these guys!!!

And I liked "Gods of War" even.

Manowar - Thunder in the Sky - Page 2 380235
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 1:21 pm

Does anyone else here have the new Manowar besides Kmorg and I?

If you are a fan of 90s Manowar you really cannot be without "Thunder in the Sky"!!!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 10:45 pm

Wow, you guys are missing out!

Manowar - Thunder in the Sky - Page 2 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 4:20 am

I think it's downright awful. Where are the brilliant heavy metal hymns Manowar used to write in their heyday? To me the last couple of records have proven that their nothing without Ross The Boss. The first six albums are some of my favorite LPs of all time, but now they plain out suck imo.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 11:56 am

Dave the Boss, you don't like their 90s stuff? I think those albums are fantastic! So do most Manowar fans.

"Thunder in the Sky" is more like those albums. So yeah, if you don't like those - then I could see you not liking this.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 3:26 pm

I bought this in summer, before the official release date at a festival in the south of Spain were MANOWAR played. To be honest, its just nothing special and only for die hard MANOWAR fans.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 4:36 pm

krokus wrote:
I bought this in summer, before the official release date at a festival in the south of Spain were MANOWAR played. To be honest, its just nothing special and only for die hard MANOWAR fans.

You really think so?

Well, I am a die-hard Manowar fan. But if this were my first exposure to the band - I'd be all over it!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 4:59 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
krokus wrote:

You really think so?

Well, I am a die-hard Manowar fan. But if this were my first exposure to the band - I'd be all over it!

Yes, i think so. I love MANOWAR too and i even liked their GODS OF WAR/GODS OF WAR LIVE albums even if many people attacked them because they had to much instrumental and narrations (still, if you take those away, 9 great songs are on GODS OF WAR, i dont understand some people attack). But about this mini, its just not my thing to listen to one song 16 times and the rest is just not special enough.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 7:03 pm

krokus wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
krokus wrote:

You really think so?

Yes, i think so. I love MANOWAR too and i even liked their GODS OF WAR/GODS OF WAR LIVE albums even if many people attacked them because they had to much instrumental and narrations (still, if you take those away, 9 great songs are on GODS OF WAR, i dont understand some people attack). But about this mini, its just not my thing to listen to one song 16 times and the rest is just not special enough.

I'm not really taking into consideration the second disc.

Sure that song is sung in many languages. Great. It's a nice little bonus (I agree - for diehard fans only).

But what about the strength of Disc 1? That's what I'm talking about!!! Those new songs SLAY!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 7:04 pm

By the way Krokus I agree about "Gods of War".

That album has been unfairly ridiculed and dismissed just because of the narrations and orchestrations. There is some powerful stuff on that album!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 7:11 pm

I never have and never will understand why people like this band. Total and complete cheese IMO and by the numbers metal.

I like pre-Manowar Dictators and post-Manowar Manitoba's Wild Kingdom a lot more than this band.

Manowar seems to be revered by metalheads which I guess explains a lot because I'm not a metalhead. But I still don't understand the rabid fanbase these guys have.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 7:11 am

tohostudios wrote:
I never have and never will understand why people like this band. Total and complete cheese IMO and by the numbers metal.

I like pre-Manowar Dictators and post-Manowar Manitoba's Wild Kingdom a lot more than this band.

Manowar seems to be revered by metalheads which I guess explains a lot because I'm not a metalhead. But I still don't understand the rabid fanbase these guys have.

I like Kings of Metal and fighting the world but after that I agree with Toho..

7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 8:03 am

I hated everything about Gods Of War, but I may still give this new album a chance. After all, I even like WOTW!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 2:50 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

That album has been unfairly ridiculed and dismissed just because of the narrations and orchestrations. There is some powerful stuff on that album!!!

Maybe the first disc have a couple of ok songs but not as strong like other MANOWAR songs.
I am happy you agree about GODS OF WAR. Many good songs on that one.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:02 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I never saw the facination with these guys either. Even back in the late 80's when I was just getting into heavy metal, these guys just oozed cheddar so badly, they were thought of as a kinda joke band by my friends. And this was at the height of hair/glam/cheese mania. And their shtick hasn't aged well. A few good songs here and there, but not my thing.

Quote :
Total and complete cheese IMO and by the numbers metal.

Gimme Anvil instead. Manowar - Thunder in the Sky - Page 2 918552

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 2:59 am

krokus wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Maybe the first disc have a couple of ok songs but not as strong like other MANOWAR songs.
I am happy you agree about GODS OF WAR. Many good songs on that one.

Manowar - Thunder in the Sky - Page 2 669452 Agreed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Manowar - Thunder in the Sky
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2