Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Manowar - Thunder in the Sky

Go down 
+11
mc666
Fat Freddy
sam
Metallic Blaze
thejokeriv
A Handful of Wayne
MetalGuy71
exact33
nevermore
ultmetal
kmorg
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Manowar - Thunder in the Sky Empty
PostSubject: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 11:28 am

Anyone bought the new Manowar EP yet? It comes as a double disc. Disc 1 has 6 tracks, and disc 2 has 15 (!!) version of the same track, sung in 15 different languages.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 11:45 am

Is it metal or opera/orchestration?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:04 pm

Off the 4 new tracks, 3 are metal. And the song that appears in 16 different languages, is a ballad.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:06 pm

It'ss actually fun to listen to Eric sing in all these different languanges. The Norwegian version is actually quite good. Of copurse it is quite apparent that he doesn't speak the language, but he is really trying. I also know that this is something Manowar have talked about doing since "Heart of Steel". S it is cool that they've finally done it!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:30 pm

Haven't picked it up. I am looking forward to the new Hell On Earth dvd.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:36 pm

Ill probably skip it. I enjoyed the Ross The Boss - New Metal Leader much more than manowar..

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:56 pm

Quote :
And the song that appears in 16 different languages, is a ballad.

Sounds like a nice idea in theory, but really, how many times are you gonna listen to that? The same ballad 16 times? Not to mention, (for most of us dumb Americans anyway), in 14 or 15 languages we don't even understand.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:58 pm

It was a blast listening to them all... once! Laughing The Japanese one is strange, and Greek/Bulgarian, Spanish/Portugese, Polish/Romanian.... it all sound the same! Laughing It was a kick with he Norwegian one though.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:56 pm

I got it but I couldnt sit and listen to that song 16 more times. I don't think it was that good enough to listen to too many times. That EP was pretty weak.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:57 pm

Yes Spec I still want it though so don't post up your address Manowar - Thunder in the Sky Lol

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:36 pm

I heard parts of it and it sounded good!!! One of my friends picked it up recently!!!!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 7:03 pm

I'll pick it up. I buy anything and everything from Manowar. One of my favorite bands.

Ross the Boss' new album is way better than what Manowar is doing nowadays though. Shame on those of you who don't have that one yet.

Manowar - Thunder in the Sky Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 9:54 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I'll pick it up. I buy anything and everything from Manowar. One of my favorite bands.

Ross the Boss' new album is way better than what Manowar is doing nowadays though. Shame on those of you who don't have that one yet.

Manowar - Thunder in the Sky Icon_smile

some of us are working on it. Manowar - Thunder in the Sky 19976
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 9:58 pm

Meh, I'll pass. Hated the last album and wasn't crazy about WARRIORS OF THE WORLD either. These guys are running outta gas.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:53 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Meh, I'll pass. Hated the last album and wasn't crazy about WARRIORS OF THE WORLD either. These guys are running outta gas.

If it wasnt that they are so darn cute in their get-ups they would have been done long ago!!!

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:58 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

BLASPHEMER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 11:00 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

BLASPHEMER!!!!!!!!!!!!

tone deaf!!!!!!

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:52 am

Manowar - Thunder in the Sky 589207 I'll never understand the hate towards Manowar. They have always done what they see fit, regardless of trends. Sure, the overall sound as softened over the years, but they still create great music! And what they do, they do with 100% conviction, confidence and a relentless belief in what they deliver.

I really like the English version of the song Very Happy

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:48 pm

kmorg wrote:
I'll never understand the hate towards Manowar.
the fact that many have disliked their most recent output, doesn't signify hate. just disappointment.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 2:32 pm

mc666 wrote:
kmorg wrote:
the fact that many have disliked their most recent output, doesn't signify hate. just disappointment.

Oh, believe me, I've read tons of hate toward them. Maybe not so much on this board in particular. But ever since Warriors of the World, no wait, make that Fighting The World, there has been an escalating anti-Manowar thing going on.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 2:34 pm

I don't hate Manowar. I love all their stuff up to and including LOUDER THAN HELL. But the last couple of records have been pretty damn weak. As they saying goes, though, they're only one good album away from redemption.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 2:35 pm

I personally like everything they put out. Gods of War is one I play on a regular basis. But I'm an oddball in general.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 4:32 pm

kmorg wrote:
mc666 wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Oh, believe me, I've read tons of hate toward them. Maybe not so much on this board in particular. But ever since Warriors of the World, no wait, make that Fighting The World, there has been an escalating anti-Manowar thing going on.

I couldn't have said it better. I agree 110%.

It seems like Manowar is a nice band to slag on, seeing how they have become a target of late.

I like all their stuff. Sure, I agree that "Gods of War" and even to a lesser degree, "Warriors of the World", were their weakest albums. I still find enough material on each of them to warrant their redemptions.

And even if those albums sucked (which in all reality, they don't), they would still have FAR MORE material that would justify them ruling!!! They are power metal kings in my books.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 1:07 pm

Here is a review I found on the new Manowar EP! I agree with it!

How much cooler could this thing get? Released as a preview of sorts for the upcoming Manowar album, "Thunder in the Sky" satisfies in a way that few full length albums manage to do. It promises great things for the band's future. Whether you're a fan of the old stuff, a fan of the new stuff, or a fan of everything they've done, the message is clear...The world's mightiest heavy metal band is back, they have a 14" dildo, and they're here to molest your sister.

So what's changed? Well, TITS packs more guitar riffs than Manowar's last two studio albums combined. The gratuitous keyboard abuse has been scaled back to one song (which is a re-recording of "The Crown and the Ring"), and has been replaced by speed metal and driving midtempo songs. The songs are short and get straight to the point, but there's still that epic feel and attention to atmosphere that has always defined Manowar.

The title track begins with Karl Logan hammering out power chords over a heavy double-bass beat. Eric Adams' vocals are guttural and heavy, he doesn't seem to be able to handle screams anymore but he's compensating well at the bottom end. "Let the Gods Decide" is slower and more melodic, it sounds a bit like "Loki God of Fire" from their last album. "Father" is a touching acoustic ballad with lyrics anyone can sing along and relate to. "Die with Honor" is a song we were introduced to last year, it's probably the weakest cut here but is still fairly interesting. "The Crown and the Ring" is a bombastic orchestral remake of a song found on Kings of Metal. "God or Man" brings back the speed and fury, and is probably my favorite track ("YOU...WILL...DIE!").

There's no ox manur, no pulled punches. Manowar has never sounded this good. The production is fat and heavy, with good performances from all members of the band. My one complaint is that the drums sound a bit mechanical and programmed. But hey, we've been listening to Scott "What's a drum fill?" Columbus for the past however many years. We're used to that by now.

The EP comes with a bonus CD containing "Father" recorded in 14 languages. A crazy truly undertaking, but one that has definitely paid off. Manowar is no longer an American band. Quite the contrary: America has rejected them. Now they're a band from the world, and it seems fitting that they would want to pay tribute to the overseas fans who made them stars.

Buy this CD, not now, but YESTERDAY. It's freaking awesome!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 1:09 pm

By the way, this EP is not easy to find if you live in the USA.

I got lucky though and won a copy on ebay for $12.00.

Amazon.com is selling it for $28.49!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Thunder in the Sky   Manowar - Thunder in the Sky Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Manowar - Thunder in the Sky
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next