Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?

Go down 
+17
brontotex
Chairman_Smith
ensiferum2k
SAHB Healer
mc666
kmorg
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
krokus
TheGooch
SideShowDisaSter
ultmetal
Wargod
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
sovdat
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 4:17 am

OK, my new records!

$71 for Hobbs Angel of Death vs Razor
about the same - 50 eur - for original Anacrusis - Suffering Hour
40 eur - cca 55 dollars for
I.N.C. - The Visitor original
Last Descendants - One Nation Under God
Back to top Go down
ensiferum2k
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ensiferum2k

Number of posts : 340

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 4:45 am

I will be getting Metallica - Ride The Lightning(Gold Disc) and Black Sabbath - Live at the odeon within the next 5-6 months. I'm sure those two will be my most expensive purchases yet. And I've done a few pricey ones already. Nowadays I'm looking around off ebay and trying to get my biggest bang for the bucks while I save up for those two cds and stuff i actually need.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 4:52 am

Try here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/DARK-ANGEL-We-Have-Arrived-ULTRA-RARE-RED-VINYL-LP_W0QQitemZ110179319886QQihZ001QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 7:31 am

Kreator - Pleasure to Kill came up to almost $40 counting tax.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 8:30 am

$60 on Electric Sun - Beyond The Astral Skies. Then Uli reissued it last year Mad
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 9:51 am

18.99 for live after death by iron maiden - what was i thinking, second place was my copy of morningrise by opeth at £15
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 11:03 am

$40 for a Nevermore "Dead Heart In A Dead World" picture disc.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 11:38 am

About $60 on a Nightwish box set (Angels Fall First-Over The Hills (EP). As for an individual CD, Rob Rock-Garden Of Chaos (Japanese Import) for $28 plus shipping a. because I wanted it before it was availiable in the States and b. I liked the album cover for the Japan release better. That was a one time thing and unless I don't want to wait on the mail system, I will not pay more than $16 on any given CD (up to $20 if I can only get it through the mail) and no more than $10 on a used one (unless it is VERY rare).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 12:05 pm

Coincidently, I was at the mall last night with the wife and I wandered off to FYE while she looked at some girly stuff. I looked for both the new Overkill and the new Down cd's. They wanted $19.99 for Down and $17.99 for Overkill. Are they sh**ting me? No wonder the music industry is going in the crapper!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 5:39 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Coincidently, I was at the mall last night with the wife and I wandered off to FYE while she looked at some girly stuff. I looked for both the new Overkill and the new Down cd's. They wanted $19.99 for Down and $17.99 for Overkill. Are they sh**ting me? No wonder the music industry is going in the crapper!

I cannot believe how cheap it is in the US. You guys complain about a new CD for 18$?? A brand new CD in Norway costs over 35$!!

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 6:07 pm

I'm with Metalguy....and feel sorry (sort of Wink ) for you European guys. That's a lot of money for a cd!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 6:33 pm

I've spent upwards of $30.00 tracking down early Chastain albums. I don't really have a limit though. If I want it - I will get it ... even if I spend hundreds.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 6:52 pm

Well, new CDs in Slovenia cost around $20 - $25, but I guess if we compare the average wage in Norway and Slovenia, we still (relatively) pay more Sad
Used CDs usually cost around $15. ... Thank god for ebay! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 7:50 pm

New releases here cost anywhere from 11.99 to 15.99. You seldom pay more than that here.

Used stuff goes from 1.99 up to about 9.99
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 7:52 pm

I've usually had pretty good luck finding metal CDs for cheap, so I generally don't even bother if I see something I really want, but the price is high. I'm always confident I'll find it cheaper somewhere else. I did, however, just send off $25 for Ion Vein's Beyond Tomorrow.

Here's something that'll make you laugh. I spent $150 on Papa Roach's Let 'Em Know EP. Haha.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 8:34 pm

Quote :
I spent $150 on Papa Roach's Let 'Em Know EP.

Was it a special release or something rare about it?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 11:42 am

kmorg wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I cannot believe how cheap it is in the US. You guys complain about a new CD for 18$?? A brand new CD in Norway costs over 35$!!

My point was more how a music chain store, like FYE, can charge $20 bucks for a new cd, while a place like Best Buy or Wal-Mart wil sell the same thing for $10 because selling cd's is just a small part of their overall inventory.

Sorry that you guys are getting reamed as well.
Back to top Go down
Skysplitter
Metal student
Metal student
Skysplitter

Number of posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 12:17 pm

Anthem - Heavy metal anthem $30
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 12:55 pm

Iron Maiden - Eddie's Archives for $160.00 not sure why, just had to have it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 1:29 pm

$60 for KISS - Alive! 1975-2000
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2