Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?

Go down 
+17
brontotex
Chairman_Smith
ensiferum2k
SAHB Healer
mc666
kmorg
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
krokus
TheGooch
SideShowDisaSter
ultmetal
Wargod
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
sovdat
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? Empty
PostSubject: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 9:25 am

What's the highest amount of money you ever spent for a single CD, LP, 8-track Smile, tape, whatever, as long as it is the sound carrier?

Mine would be Anacrusis' Suffering Hour - 40 eur... it turned out as a Axis version, but I'm calm since I saw the same version going for $90+ on ebay. Actually, I got SH in a 4 CD lot for 80 eur (including Darkness - Broken Heart, Evildead - Annihilation of Civilization and the original pressing of Atrophy's Socialized Hate).

I now have a limit of 25 eur per CD, if it's something that's rare and hard to get, of course. Although I put a bid of $41.5 for Deathblow's Meanless Propaganda 30 seconds before the end of the auction (and was outbidded then haha).

Besides Anacrusis, there is several discs for which I paid somewhere between 18 and 25 eur (cca $25-$35), for example Vulture - Easier to Lie, Hexenhaus - The Edge of Eternity, Blood Feast & Kublai Khan split CD, Headhunter - Parody of Life JAP. version, and some more (mainly coming in the mail now Smile ).

What are your "records"? Do you have a limit or would you pay $100+ in the moment of madness (haha Smile ).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 10:03 am

The most I've ever paid for a CD was $42.98 for a Japanese copy of Raven's DESTROY ALL MONSTERS - LIVE IN JAPAN album, which I bought as a new release in 1995. At the time the band didn't have a U.S. record deal so I had to buy several of their CDs as imports. It killed me to pay that much but I had a complete Raven discography that I had to keep current!!!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 10:09 am

No more than $18-20 ever....and now I have a $10 cap shipping and all unless it's super rare or I super want it...then I'll do $13-14 dollars tops....but that's VERY rare!!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 10:31 am

I paid almost $40 for Kreator - Pleasure to Kill a couple of years ago.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 10:38 am

For me it was a Hendrix album with the naked covers about $50.

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 10:51 am

$80 for Blind Illusion's 'The Sane Asylum.'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 11:44 am

I have no limit if it's something that I want, I don't care who agrees with that or who doesn't (it's my money and my life, I could be gone tomorrow), it's my decision, I've spent $100+ a couple of times now.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 11:54 am

$75 on a 6-CD Aerosmith box set.

I'm not sure what the most I spend on a single CD was. Probably upwards
of $20. I can't remember ever spending much more than that.

Back in the late 80's I purchase a KISS Bootleg (3 records), red vinyl,
called "Face Lift" for $35. I thought that was a lot of money to spend
at the time. When I sold it in 1990 I received $50 for it from a used
record store. They resold it in two weeks for $200. Ouch. If only Ebay had been around then.

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 12:02 pm

$50 for Viking - Man of Straw (years before the re-issue, which, of course, I had to go get too).

I'd probably pay that much for Laaz Rockit - Holiday in Cambodia, but I
can't think of any other cd that I would shell out more than $30 for.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 12:16 pm

I almost always keep it to a $30-$35 dollar limit. Only myself and UncleSaxon knows the maximum I've paid (on Vulture - Easier To Lie). I had to cash at the time, so I went for it. Let's just say it was up there, but still less than it has been going for lately on eBay.

I must admit, though, that there are a few on my "kill for" list that I would shell out $50 or so for.

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 5:04 am

the most i spent was £17.99 on live after death by iron maiden. - thats about 36 dollars in us money
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 8:31 am

ultmetal wrote:

I'm not sure what the most I spend on a single CD was. Probably upwards
of $20. I can't remember ever spending much more than that.

In Europe it's hard to get a decent metal CD for less than $20 Smile Or it's even hard to get CD in a second hand shop for less than $10! Not to mention, that the average salary is way below (at least in Slovenia) US standards! But on the other hand, I'm a regular visitor of metal festivals through entire Europe, which normally brings the opportunity to visit the best 2nd hand metal markets in the world, and that means stuff like original Vulture for $25 (I saw another version this year, this time for 30 eur = cca $40, still way below the ebay price), or first Assorted Heap CD for 7 eur ($9).
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 8:41 am

I payed a lot of money for the THE ORIGINALS I and II by KISS (fans will know what i am talking about) and also much for lps by OVERLORDE, SALEM´S WYCH, etc...maximum around 150 euros i think i have spend on a Us metal obscurity for shore.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 8:47 am

$35 for an original copy of VENGEANCE-Human Sacrifice
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 10:21 am

I'm a self-confessed cheap ass. I don't think I ever spent more than $20 bucks on a cd back in the days before eBay. Nowadays, I usually put a cap of $10 bucks on all of my single cd purchases.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 1:07 pm

34 Euro, with shipping, for a Modest Attraction EP

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 1:14 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
No more than $18-20 ever.
same here. i don't spend money big money on stuff like this.

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2007 3:39 pm

I spent 22.99 Canadian on the remastered edition of Manowar's Hail to England! OTHER BANDS PLAY, MANOWAR KILLS!!!
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 12:31 am

When I was new to Ebay I spent over $60 dollars on a couple of out of print imports, one was an LP.
NEVER AGAIN! I was able to get each of these a short time later, the CD for a standard $15, and the LP for SIX BUCKS! Man did I feel like an ass. Learn the hard way. I'm not gonna say what they were because I'd feel even more stupid.
I did buy a lot of late 60's underground psych in the 30 dollar range, but I don't feel bad about that.
Buying rarities can be dangerous. Not only are they expensive, but there is the occasional bootleg rip-off. Overall I've had pretty good luck, but I've pretty much quit while I'm ahead at this point.
Back to top Go down
ensiferum2k
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ensiferum2k

Number of posts : 340

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 12:17 am

almost 80 for cyclone inferior to none(org)
and 70 for shah-beware. both include shipping, etc.
I've pretty much found all my holy grails and im just looking for reissued/new cds instead.

could someone who owns satan court in the act(neat)
tell me if this is a legit cd?

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img510/7258/satancourtak0.jpg

thank you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 12:41 am

I spent close to $200 on this:

The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? IR8_1

The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? IR8_2

The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? IR8_3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 8:27 am

I think the most I spent ever was for the AVENGER "Prayers Of Steel" CD , CELTIC FROST "Morbid Tales" vinyl , and SLAYER "Haunting The Chapel" vinyl
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 9:43 am

CDs

Megadeth - Killing Is My Buisness and Buisness is Good! original pressing, $25, Cryptic Writings import $30, Risk import $30, The World Needs A Hero import $30 and also various singles... but can't remember each price

Black Sabbath - Cross Purposes Live $30

Vinyl

Iron Maiden - Powerslave picture disk $20
Diamond Head - Lighting To The Nations 2004 Reissue $25
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 5:32 pm

Hm, Musik Sammler store all infos about my purchases so I was able to do my "15 eur +" list. I thought there were more of them Smile Some misses, too much of normal stuff which I over-paid due to usurious local prices, and some gems for low prices!

40 EUR Anacrusis - Suffering Hour (motherfucking bootleg)
31 EUR Atrophy - Socialized Hate (org. 1st press)
25 EUR Artillery - By Inheritance (org. - no boot!)
23 EUR King Diamond - Deadly Lullabyes Live
23 EUR Paradox - Heresy (org. Jap w/ Obi)
22 EUR Violent Force - Malevolent Assault of Tomorrow
21 EUR Blood Feast / Kublai Khan - Kill for Pleasure / Annihilation (org. Shark Records)
21 EUR Vulture - Easier to Lie
20 EUR Assassin - The Upcoming Terror (Axe Killer)
20 EUR Blind Illusion - The Sane Asylum (org. Combat)
20 EUR DBC - Universe / DBC (org. Rough Justice)
20 EUR Intruder - Psycho Savant
20 EUR Laaz Rockit - Nothing'$ $acred (Jap. 1st press - no boot!)
19 EUR Laaz Rockit - Live Untold DVD
19 EUR Lawshed - Spirits & Souls
19 EUR Possessed - Seven Churches (price killers)
18 EUR Headhunter - Parody of Life (Jap. 1st press)
18 EUR Hexenhaus - The Edge of Eternity (org. - no boot!)
17 EUR Iron Maiden - Live at Donington
16 EUR Heathen - Recovered
16 EUR Holy Terror - Terror and Submission / Mind Wars
16 EUR Metallica - Kill 'em All
16 EUR Slayer - Live Undead / Haunting the Chapel
16 EUR Wolf Spider - Drifting in the Sullen Sea
15 EUR Celtic Frost - Monotheist
15 EUR Detente - Recognize No Authority (bootleg)
15 EUR Graven Image - People in Hell Still Want Ice Water
15 EUR Heathen - Breaking the Silence (org. Combat)
15 EUR Realm - Endless War (rerelease)
15 EUR Slayer - Christ Illusion
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 8:47 pm

My 2 largest purchases were $38.00 for Mark Free's Long Way From Love gold CD edition from Britain.

...and $30.00 for Dead End's Zero album with OBI from Japan.

Both worth every penny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?   The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The most you ever spent on a single CD/LP/etc.?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next