Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Michael Jackson died today

Go down 
+27
XYZ
Addy
mez
A Handful of Wayne
QuothTheRaven
sam
SlaytanicPOWER
T-Roy
Wicked Rick
stepcousin
MetalGuy71
Lari
Troublezone
mc666
Leatherface
akeldama
Fat Freddy
Schbopo
DallasBlack
tohostudios
GrandNational
snooloui
Smindas
spiritoradio
Stender
Rex
manny
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Michael Jackson died today Empty
PostSubject: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 6:32 pm

Michael Jackson died today at the age of 50 today.

Last edited by manny on Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 6:50 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obit_michael_jackson

Wow, I never expected this today.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 6:51 pm

Two icons of two different decades die today,very strange. Very sad.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 6:52 pm

Very sad and completely unexpected. Sad
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 6:53 pm

Today is a crazy day. Regardless of his alleged off stage craziness the man was a fantastic singer and dancer.

R.I.P. Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson died today Thriller-michael-jackson
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 6:55 pm

I am not huge fan of Michael Jackson, but you cannot deny the man's talent. I agree SoR Michael Jackson was one hell of an entertainer. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 6:57 pm

Been following this for the last 45 minutes or whatever. Truly a sad day in music. Whatever the man did or didn't do in his later years doesn't discredit his amazing contribution to the face of music. R.I.P. the King of Pop.

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 7:16 pm

Yea poor auld Jacko too, god bless him, a true genius in his own right, I never got to see the man play live and didn't ever own any of his records but he did release some amazing music during his pheonominal career.

R.I.P to the King of pop.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 7:25 pm

This is really sad. Also, the amount of jokes going around on the internet is a disgrace. Why can't people just respect the man for his achievements, rather than making fun of him?
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 7:34 pm

snooloui wrote:
This is really sad. Also, the amount of jokes going around on the internet is a disgrace. Why can't people just respect the man for his achievements, rather than making fun of him?

True, but he was kind of easy to pick on. In all honesty, he was just one man who made a lot of money and made many bad decisions just like the rest of us, and we glorify people like him and feel sad when they pass away yet we never think about the 30,000 child that die Everyday from starvation around the world.

With that said, I do remember as a 6 year old owning one of those MJ jackets from the Thriller days, and having a tape of the making of Thriller. As a 6 year old, that was one cool video.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 7:35 pm

I'm really starting to believe in this Rule Of Threes thing. Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett and now Michael Jackson?

While I never really liked MJ's music, there's no denying the voice and talent for showmanship.

RIP.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 7:59 pm

Michael Jackson died today Kingofpopsalute-1

Last edited by spiritoradio on Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 8:11 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I'm really starting to believe in this Rule Of Threes thing. Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett and now Michael Jackson?

While I never really liked MJ's music, there's no denying the voice and talent for showmanship.

RIP.

True on all accounts except I liked some of his 80s stuff.

R.I.P
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 9:46 pm

Crying or Very sad All I can say is that truly sucks. I was a big MJ fan.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 9:52 pm

Ehhh...I guess I'm gonna have to be the lone a**hole here who says "I had no use for the guy, so whatever, it's a shame I guess."

Imagine being in the entertainment-news business today. Farrah Fawcett went around lunch time and MJ went around dinner. Heads must've been exploding in the "Access Hollywood" and "Entertainment Tonight" newsrooms. "Biggest... news day... EVER!!!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 10:21 pm

RIP
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 11:32 pm

Not a fan, but it is a shock.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 12:17 am

i should really be there to console Janet.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:37 am

I was a fan in the 80's and i saw him in concert on his "Bad" tour. He was a disturbed guy in real life and his career has been declining with every album. I can't deny he was a great entertainer and a innovator of dance... he was for dance that EVH was for guitar. RIP
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 5:40 am

Great performer and entertainer.

RIP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 9:15 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Ehhh...I guess I'm gonna have to be the lone a**hole here who says "I had no use for the guy, so whatever, it's a shame I guess."

Imagine being in the entertainment-news business today. Farrah Fawcett went around lunch time and MJ went around dinner. Heads must've been exploding in the "Access Hollywood" and "Entertainment Tonight" newsrooms. "Biggest... news day... EVER!!!"

You're never alone when your fav Uncle is in the house, Freddy. Too bad this day didn't come about 20 years ago - before he perved out little boys and messed them up for life. Later Jerko.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 9:25 am

UNCLE SAXON wrote:

You're never alone when your fav Uncle is in the house, Freddy. Too bad this day didn't come about 20 years ago - before he perved out little boys and messed them up for life. Later Jerko.

Right on Sax. To be honest, the guy was totally irrelevant to me even BEFORE all the kid touching/baby dangling/plastic surgery/general weirdness so I've pretty much been like "shrug" about this whole thing.

I was more bummed about Farrah. At least she was hot once.

mc666 wrote:

Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 9:53 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
UNCLE SAXON wrote:

Right on Sax. To be honest, the guy was totally irrelevant to me even BEFORE all the kid touching/baby dangling/plastic surgery/general weirdness so I've pretty much been like "shrug" about this whole thing.

I was more bummed about Farrah. At least she was hot once.

mc666 wrote:

Laughing very hard

Same here. I'm too hung up on his bizarre behavior and accusations to feel saddened or care much. My day will continue as normally scheduled.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:20 am

A tragic end to a tragic life. Popular beyond comprehension and troubled just as much.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:48 am

I am not huge Michael Jackson fan, but being a child of the 80's he was such huge cultural pop icon, you could not escape his impact. At the time that he released 'Thriller' I was already 12, 13 and was beginning to discover metal so I had no use for Michael Jackson.

It was not til I got older did I appreciate what a talented songwriter and performer he was. As far as the accusations of child molestion I never completely bought it, if he was that way, tons of children and adults would have sued him and only two out of hundreds sued him. One case he settled out of court, because Jackson wanted it to go away and the other case was dismissed

Preferring the company of children over adults is strange but then he lead a very strange life.

I think the guy was an amazing performer, not my type of music but I cannot deny the talent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson died today   Michael Jackson died today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson died today
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next