Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson

Go down 
+20
Svengo
Lari
DallasBlack
corplhicks
tohostudios
Eyesore
Troublezone
Hadley
Orion Crystal Ice
thejokeriv
cruedevil71
Witchfinder
bass63
nevermore
MetalRob331
bgsully
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 10:48 am

Just in time for Halloween — the first-ever all--metal tribute to the King Of Pop, Michael Jackson, will be released, featuring an all-star lineup that will raise the dead!

"Thriller – A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson" features outstanding performances by Chuck Billy (TESTAMENT), Danny Worsnop (ASKING ALEXANDRIA), Elias Soriano (NONPOINT), Lajon Witherspoon (SEVENDUST), Phil Campbell (MOTÖRHEAD), Doug Pinnick (KING'S X), Chris Jericho (FOZZY) and more!

With the amps turned up to 11 and guitars tuned low, get ready to hear the darker side of such favorites as "Billie Jean", "Beat It", "Rock With You", "Black Or White" and more!

01. Thriller - Chuck Billy (TESTAMENT)
02. Man In The Mirror - Danny Worsnop (ASKING ALEXANDRIA) & Billy Sheehan (MR. BIG)
03. The Way You Make Me Feel - Angelo Moore (FISHBONE), Doug Aldrich (WHITESNAKE), & Rudy Sarzo (QUEENSRŸCHE)
04. Black Or White - Lajon Witherspoon (SEVENDUST), Bruce Kulick (ex-KISS), & Tony Franklin (THE FIRM)
05. Beat It - Priya Panda (DIEMONDS) & Ron Bumblefoot Thal (GUNS N' ROSES)
06. Billy Jean - Corey Glover (LIVING COLOUR) & Phil Campbell (MOTÖRHEAD)
07. Shake Your Body (DOWN TO THE GROUND) - Elias Soriano (NONPOINT)
08. Rock With You - Doug Pinnick (KING'S X)
09. Dirty Diana - Chris Jericho (FOZZY)
10. Bad - Paul Di'Anno (ex-IRON MAIDEN) & Craig Goldy (DIO)
11. They Don't Care About Us- ICARUS WITCH
12. Never Can Say Goodbye - Lonnie Jordan (WAR)
13. Smooth Criminal - ALIEN ANT FARM

Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson Thrillertributecd

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37676

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 10:50 am

Laughing very hard Oh good Lord...no. Just NO.

Chuck Billy doing "Thriller?"

You couldn't pay me to listen to this.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 10:52 am

I'm usually down for a good tribute album, but not being a Michael Jackson fan, I'd really want to hear some samples of this before I plunked down any cash for this. It's gonna be either really cool or a complete train-wreck, not feeling any "middle ground" on this. Leaning towards train-wreck though. Razz 

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 11:35 am

To answere your question, yes.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 11:42 am

I've always enjoyed Alien Ant Farm's take on smooth criminal........but I'd have to hear the rest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 12:22 pm

Paul Di'Anno doing "Bad"?

This is pretty damn comical, it reads more like a fake advertisement from The Onion than an actual press release.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 12:36 pm

This could work...Being that I lover cover songs, I can't wait to hear this.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25965

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 1:22 pm

Sounds scary to me!
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 1:24 pm

sick That's what I think
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7617

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 1:49 pm

I'd buy it for the sake of novelty.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 1:55 pm

Quote :
Paul Di'Anno doing "Bad"?
It can't possibly be any worse than his contributions to 1994's "METAL Christmas" album... can it? CAN IT??

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 1:56 pm

You couldn't PAY me to listen to those Di'Anno Christmas songs. Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
cruedevil71
Metal student
Metal student
cruedevil71

Number of posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 1:57 pm

I do enjoy Chris Cornell's version of Billie Jean (not included) but I have absolutely no desire to hear 90% of this. I'm guessing Glover and Pinnick's versions won't suck completely.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 1:59 pm

Ummm... no thanks. I am firmly in the "this is a train wreck" camp
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 2:02 pm

S.D. wrote:
You couldn't PAY me to listen to those Di'Anno Christmas songs.  Laughing very hard 
(ala Danny Vermin from "Johnny Dangerously") I listened to them once. ONCE.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 2:03 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Won't they revoke your Up The Irons Maiden Metal Union #666 membership if you skip this one? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 2:17 pm

Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson V0a9il
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 2:47 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Won't they revoke your Up The Irons Maiden Metal Union #666 membership if you skip this one? Very Happy
Laughing very hard 

Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 2:51 pm

What, no "Morphine"? That could have been a killer metal song

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 3:00 pm

I'd rather hear a Metal tribute to Weird Al Yankovic's Michael Jackson parodies. Come on, wouldn't you rather hear Paul Di'Anno belting out the lyrics to "Fat" instead of "Bad?" Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 3:17 pm

This worked..

Idk this seems so odd I have to hear it Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17080

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 5:58 pm

cruedevil71 wrote:
I do enjoy Chris Cornell's version of Billie Jean (not included) but I have absolutely no desire to hear 90% of this. I'm guessing Glover and Pinnick's versions won't suck completely.
Because they're black?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17080

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 6:00 pm

Alien Ant Farm has been milking that one song their whole career.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 6:29 pm

bgsully wrote:
I've always enjoyed Alien Ant Farm's take on smooth criminal........but I'd have to hear the rest.
Alien Ant Farm is such a great band. It's a shame leading off with that song as their debut major-label single fooled people into thinking they were some goofy band. =(
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 6:31 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Alien Ant Farm has been milking that one song their whole career.
Not. People are just content with being ignorant and thinking that. =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson   Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next