Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My CD collection evaluation results...

Go down 
+6
stormspell
scottmitchell74
SideShowDisaSter
krokus
Thrasher73
AchrisK
10 posters
AuthorMessage
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

My CD collection evaluation results... Empty
PostSubject: My CD collection evaluation results...   My CD collection evaluation results... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 4:01 pm

This will be an ongoing thread for me. I am evaluating a bunch of CDs which I am undecided on, or have not listened to, from my collection. I am going to post what album I listened to and what I decided about it. No comments means I haven't got to it yet.

Vomitorial Corpulence - skin Stripper
(DISCARD: This CD is just a waste of time)

Immortal Souls - The Cleansing
(I am thinking about keeping this. Not exactly my favorite thing, but it seems to have some redeeming qualities)

Soul Embraced - Fleshless
(I listened but haven't decided yet)

K-Octave - Outer Limits
(Keep. Shawn Pelata has great vox. Good stuff)

Hexx - Morbid Reality
(Keep. Good heavy thrash!)

Frosthardr - Makteslos
(Keep. Pretty good black metal EP)

Trino - More Than A New Life
(Discard. It has some potential, but unfortunately has more annoying and boring aggro stuff)

Havoc Mass - Killing the Future
(Keep. Pretty decent thrash. At first I was put off by the vocals, which are similar to Atrophy, but they are a minor issue on a good thrash album)

Iced Earth - The Dark Saga
(Well, I can't decide.)

Kataklysm - Epic: The Poetry of War
(Keep. For one thing it's the 2 CD version with the bonus disc being The Vortex of Resurrection demo from 93, plus I just like it!)

Let's see...what's next...

Thy Pain - More Than suffering

Decision-D - Razon De La Muerto

Officer Negative - Zombie Nation

Pantokrator - Blod

Slechtvalk - Falconry

Deliver - the Second Death

Soul Embraced - For the Incomplete

Imperium - Too Short a Season

Indwelling - And My Eye Shall Weep

Leviathan - Deepest Secrets Beneath

Maudlin of the Well - My Fruit Psychobells...A Seed Combustible

Minor Threat - Complete Discography

Misanthropic - Soul Reaver

Impious - Terror Succeeds

more to come...

Last edited by on Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:43 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: My CD collection evaluation results...   My CD collection evaluation results... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 4:11 pm

AchrisK,any thrash you dont want just send my way:)
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: My CD collection evaluation results...   My CD collection evaluation results... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 4:13 pm

Thats a good idea to do. Like that you will clean your collection a little lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My CD collection evaluation results...   My CD collection evaluation results... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 4:46 pm

AchrisK wrote:
(I am thinking about keeping this. Not exactly my favorite thing, but it seems to have some redeeming qualities)

(I listened but haven't decided yet)

I would be interested in all three of these, if you decide to get rid of them. Cash or trade. 🤘
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: My CD collection evaluation results...   My CD collection evaluation results... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 7:31 pm

Those 2 Soul Embraced albums are the only ones by them that I like. Both are old school death metal, before the band decided to go all mallcore.

PostSubject: Re: My CD collection evaluation results...   My CD collection evaluation results... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 7:35 pm

Minor Threat RULES! The band that I was weened upon - along with
Bad Brains, Circle Jerks, Black Flag, etc. Complete Discography
should be essential for everyone - metalhead, punk, emo, whatever.

I am going to crank it right now.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My CD collection evaluation results...   My CD collection evaluation results... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 7:36 pm

I have always loved that Decision D album, too. Best of thier 3, imo.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: My CD collection evaluation results...   My CD collection evaluation results... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 7:42 pm

Yeah, I am pretty sure I am keeping the Minor Threat. I love that style of old school hardcore type punk (like early Crucified). But since I haven't listened to it more than a couple times, I thought I better pull it out and make sure.

I am not sure I can stand to keep any Decision-D, but we'll see.

As for Soul Embraced, I am not sure I agree that they ever didn't have core. I am likely to keep the Fleshless, but not the For the Incomplete...but we'll see.

ack
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: My CD collection evaluation results...   My CD collection evaluation results... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 7:48 pm

Well, there may some core influences on the first 2, but it stays pretty much squarely in the death metal realm. Their later albums are complete metalcore garbage, IMO.

I'm with UncleSax, I love that Decision D disc. CRAZY tech-thrash! I've not heard their last 2 albums, though. If you have their second album Moratoria, let me know!Twisted Evil

Let me know if you are wanting to ditch that Leviathan - Deepest Secrets Beneath.Razz

PostSubject: Re: My CD collection evaluation results...   My CD collection evaluation results... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 7:49 pm

Next time we trade, I'll burn ya some cool old boots and
demos. Bring back that vibe. There is actually some
decent bands around now days "resurrecting" (not that it ever really
died) the old '77 sound.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My CD collection evaluation results...   My CD collection evaluation results... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 8:02 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Well, there may some core influences on the first 2, but it stays pretty much squarely in the death metal realm. Their later albums are complete metalcore garbage, IMO.
I don't think they're metalcore at all.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: My CD collection evaluation results...   My CD collection evaluation results... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 8:22 pm

I love Minor Threat....my all-time favorite punk band....I have the Complete Discography but can't listen to it anymore because the cussing is just non-stop. I don't mind the occassional bomb...but I don't like the pervasive stuff like that. However, I can't seem to bring myself to part with it!!! It's in my head!!!
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: My CD collection evaluation results...   My CD collection evaluation results... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 8:43 pm

Eyesore wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:
I don't think they're metalcore at all.

Well then, maybe just metal-bore!

ack
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: My CD collection evaluation results...   My CD collection evaluation results... Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 5:16 am

AchrisK wrote:
(Well, I can't decide.)

I'd say weed that one out. IE are probably the most overrated recent band I can think of. I've been trying to get into them coz everyone seems to love them, but to no avail... kill me, but they plainly bore the smurf poo out of me, even Burnt Offerings which is their best album by mile in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell

PostSubject: Re: My CD collection evaluation results...   My CD collection evaluation results... Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 8:06 am

Wow, Stormspell - I thought I was the only one!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My CD collection evaluation results...   My CD collection evaluation results... Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 9:58 am

Quote :
K-Octave - Outer Limits
(Keep. Shawn Pelata has great vox. Good stuff)

Thanks. Cool
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: My CD collection evaluation results...   My CD collection evaluation results... Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 11:00 am

stormspell wrote:
AchrisK wrote:
(Well, I can't decide.)

I'd say weed that one out. IE are probably the most overrated recent band I can think of. I've been trying to get into them coz everyone seems to love them, but to no avail... kill me, but they plainly bore the smurf poo out of me, even Burnt Offerings which is their best album by mile in my opinion.

Wow! You, Saxon and me! I just keep trying...like I have some "metal responsibility" to like them. I hear some good stuff, but overall I am bored by them.

ack
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: My CD collection evaluation results...   My CD collection evaluation results... Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 11:12 am

There is Night of the Stormrider and that's about it Smile
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: My CD collection evaluation results...   My CD collection evaluation results... Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 11:19 am

I was going to suggest keep Dark Saga, but it seems everyone else has persuaded you otherwise ;D

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

PostSubject: Re: My CD collection evaluation results...   My CD collection evaluation results... Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 11:38 am

I love Iced Earth to death but DARK SAGA is their least essential album, IMHO. I hardly ever listen to that one.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: My CD collection evaluation results...   My CD collection evaluation results... Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 12:06 pm

sovdat wrote:
There is Night of the Stormrider and that's about it Smile

Wow, and another thing in common with someone about Iced Earth. Though Stormrider is rarely sited by people as their favorite, it's the only one I have really got into. People always go on and on about Matthew Barlow, but I like the guy on Stormrider best.

ack
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: My CD collection evaluation results...   My CD collection evaluation results... Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 2:36 pm

I would say keep these:

Thy Pain - More Than suffering

Pantokrator - Blod

Slechtvalk - Falconry

Indwelling - And My Eye Shall Weep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My CD collection evaluation results...   My CD collection evaluation results... Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 4:16 pm

I can't agree. I think Dark Saga is the most underrated Iced Earth album. Well, maybe not as underrated as Horror Show, but pretty damn underrated. The thing with Dark Saga is that it's almost at times a rock album with like heavy aftershave. Or something. Haha. I think it's a great album.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: My CD collection evaluation results...   My CD collection evaluation results... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 9:44 pm

Getting rid of Vomitorial Corpulence - Skin Stripper.

ack
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My CD collection evaluation results...   My CD collection evaluation results... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My CD collection evaluation results...
Page 1 of 1