Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden

Go down 
+13
MetalFRO
Velvet Creation
Dave the Boss
Onkel Ben
mc666
sam
mez
candlemass
Rex
DeathCult
GrandNational
A Handful of Wayne
akeldama
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 6:29 pm

Heh. He's mad it's a money machine and he's not getting much.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 8:08 pm

MetalFRO wrote:
^^ lol!

I don't know, I realize it's Steve Harris' ship, but DiAnno always sort of struck me as a kind of jerk. Maybe I'm not well educated enough on the subject, but I always felt that after Killers, the band had nowhere to go w/ Paul at the vocal helm, which is why Bruce's entrance into the band marked such a pivotal point for them. Granted, the punk feel of the 1st 2 records is great, but Maiden really has been a technical band from the start, despite some of the more simplistic numbers they've done here & there. I suppose I'd be mad if I were in his shoes, but what has he done post-Maiden that has been truly worth looking into?

Battlezone, those discs are great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Onkel Ben
Metal novice
Metal novice
Onkel Ben

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 8:16 pm

DeathCult wrote:
MetalFRO wrote:
^^ lol!

I don't know, I realize it's Steve Harris' ship, but DiAnno always sort of struck me as a kind of jerk. Maybe I'm not well educated enough on the subject, but I always felt that after Killers, the band had nowhere to go w/ Paul at the vocal helm, which is why Bruce's entrance into the band marked such a pivotal point for them. Granted, the punk feel of the 1st 2 records is great, but Maiden really has been a technical band from the start, despite some of the more simplistic numbers they've done here & there. I suppose I'd be mad if I were in his shoes, but what has he done post-Maiden that has been truly worth looking into?

Battlezone, those discs are great.

I agree with this 100% headbanger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 8:17 pm

MetalFRO wrote:
^^ lol!

nah, bro - Nothing to do with education. You just were not around to be there or even get the blowback from the Di'Anno albums. Notice every one on the other side is at least 35. haha. Just old goats sticking with their heritage, so to speak.

AND DC - I was totally gonna say Battlezone. We are truly of one mind. MF - If you can find the Battlezone stuff, grab it. Or pm me for a cdr.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 8:18 pm

Another vote from our favorite new member - Onkel Ben [from Onkel Sax]
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 8:21 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
MetalFRO wrote:
^^ lol!

nah, bro - Nothing to do with education. You just were not around to be there or even get the blowback from the Di'Anno albums. Notice every one on the other side is at least 35. haha. Just old goats sticking with their heritage, so to speak.

AND DC - I was totally gonna say Battlezone. We are truly of one mind. MF - If you can find the Battlezone stuff, grab it. Or pm me for a cdr.

Excellent, the uni mind of metal! \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 1:20 pm

DeathCult wrote:
UNCLE SAXON wrote:
MetalFRO wrote:
^^ lol!

You old farts! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Onkel Ben
Metal novice
Metal novice
Onkel Ben

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 4:05 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
UNCLE SAXON wrote:
MetalFRO wrote:
^^ lol!

You old farts! lol!

I am actually not old............ although some of the music I listen to makes it seem that way Wink (not to say that i don't listen to recent music)
Back to top Go down
Conservationist
Metal novice
Metal novice
Conservationist

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 11:16 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Theres also a video that was posted in the thread I put up. If you watch it he doesnt seem like the way it was written. It comes off very harsh reading it but if you watch his answer it doesnt seem like hes as angry as it was written.

That's interesting. He never struck me as bitter. I like Steve Harris' songwriting on those first two albums however.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 11:23 am

DeathCult wrote:

Hell, I've gotten to the point where I have to check the mirror in the morning to make sure I'm not you. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 11:43 am

detuned wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Hell, I've gotten to the point where I have to check the mirror in the morning to make sure I'm not you. Laughing very hard

Laughing very hard Yeah, it has gotten that far huh?
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 11:54 am

DiAnno is da man! Not only Battlezone, but check out the Killers albums. Great stuff. 🤘

And while it might seem like he's pissed and holding a grudge, I doubt
if that's the case. It sounds to me like he's just sick of people
bringing up his time in Maiden and the asinine rumor mongering that
goes along with it. I'd be tired of it if I were in his shoes.
Back to top Go down
Am I Evil?
Metal student
Metal student
Am I Evil?

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 1:23 pm

akeldama wrote:
Former IRON MAIDEN singer Paul Di'Anno took part in a press conference last month during his solo tour of Argentina. When asked about the rumors that his drug use had something to do with his split with IRON MAIDEN, Di'Anno responded, "Where the Smurf do you people get this from? I left IRON MAIDEN because they were going too heavy metal, and IRON MAIDEN is a money-making machine, and I don't give a Smurf about it. It was not about drugs; it was nothing like that. Me and Steve [Harris]... I [wrote] the song 'Killers', Steve had [what he thought] were better songs. I thought his songs were smurf poo. Nothing to do with drugs; nothing whatsoever. Check your facts or otherwise this interview is over... I hate that! I smurfing hate that! Because people... You say something but you don't know. Well, I'm telling you. IRON MAIDEN is Steve Harris' band. It doesn't matter about anybody else — whether it's Dave Murray, Clive [Burr], me... it's Steve Harris' band and all it is is money, money, money, money — nobody else counts. And I wrote fn' 20-times better songs than his, but I only got one song on the 'Killers' album because it's Steve's — he must have this. Fn' Adolf Hitler. I'm not interested. So there you go. But you need to take drugs when you're with IRON MAIDEN because they're so smurfing boring. And the only drugs were aspirin, because Steve [making hand gesture as if someone is speaking into his ear]... Fn' headache."
I hope paul dies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden   Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paul Di Anno Talks Trash About Iron Maiden
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: