Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you think....

Go down 
+3
manny
Temple of Blood
kmorg
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Do you think.... Empty
PostSubject: Do you think....   Do you think.... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:32 am

Riot was listening to Maiden when they recorded Thundersteel? Some of those chugga chugga riffs and the vocal phrasing make me think of IM. Especially the songs, Buried Alive and On Wings Of Eagles. They even sound like Maiden song titles.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Do you think.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think....   Do you think.... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 11:01 am

Every metal band listens to Maiden.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Do you think.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think....   Do you think.... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 12:35 pm

Not really.

But like Kmorg said, pretty much every metalhead and metal band listens to IRON MAIDEN.
Back to top Go down

Do you think.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think....   Do you think.... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 12:57 pm

Not sure about that...but I'm convinced Judas Priest was listening to Thundersteel before they recorded Painkiller.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Do you think.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think....   Do you think.... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 2:30 pm

I believe all three bands were listening to Ozzy and owe all their success to him and should give up 50% of their income up to the drunken fool of darkness.
Back to top Go down

Do you think.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think....   Do you think.... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 2:31 pm

manny wrote:
I believe all three bands were listening to Ozzy and owe all their success to him and should give up 50% of their income up to the drunken fool of darkness.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Do you think.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think....   Do you think.... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 7:27 pm

detuned wrote:
Not sure about that...but I'm convinced Judas Priest was listening to Thundersteel before they recorded Painkiller.

It wouldn't surprise me. It's the most Painkiller sounding album I can think of that came out before Painkiller.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Do you think.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think....   Do you think.... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:01 pm

What goes around comes around.........you would have to think early Iron Maiden were listening to late 70's era Riot!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Do you think.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think....   Do you think.... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:01 pm

manny wrote:

Sharon's working on that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Do you think.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think....   Do you think.... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:03 pm

detuned wrote:

I seriously doubt that, if it were true, vast improvement on what Riot did.

I had that lp back in the day, picked it up again several months ago, not near as good as I remembered.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Do you think.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think....   Do you think.... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 9:39 pm

candlemass wrote:
manny wrote:

Sharon's working on that.

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Do you think.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think....   Do you think.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 5:07 am

manny wrote:

Sharon? Is that you? Welcome to the CMR!

Do you think.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think....   Do you think.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 7:24 pm

Hey, keep her out of my thread. Do you think.... 505193
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Do you think.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think....   Do you think.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you think....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: