Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are there any bands that you wish would change their style?

Go down 
+15
Dave the Boss
Mglaffas81
Troublezone
XYZ
mc666
sam
Fat Freddy
A Handful of Wayne
akeldama
GrandNational
Gilbert
Stender
SlaytanicPOWER
tohostudios
Temple of Blood
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Are there any bands that you wish would change their style? Empty
PostSubject: Are there any bands that you wish would change their style?   Are there any bands that you wish would change their style? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 4:23 pm

By that I mean, a band whose music you generally enjoy but you think they have gotten too stale by following the same old patterns they always had.

We often hear metalheads complain about bands changing styles, I can't recall too many complaints about bands not changing.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Are there any bands that you wish would change their style?   Are there any bands that you wish would change their style? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 4:28 pm

Hammerfall.

I wish they'd try something a little different. I think they just keep repeating the same album over and over. I have the first 4 but I got bored by that point.

Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Are there any bands that you wish would change their style?   Are there any bands that you wish would change their style? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 4:32 pm

This is kinda difficult, as when we find a band we really enjoy; we prefer them to keep putting out good stuff that sounds in some way like their older stuff.

I agree with Hammerfall tho.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Are there any bands that you wish would change their style?   Are there any bands that you wish would change their style? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 4:34 pm

If Dragonforce dropped the glitz and made a half way decent record like Valley of the damned, that would be good.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Are there any bands that you wish would change their style?   Are there any bands that you wish would change their style? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 4:36 pm

-Hammerfall indeed. Too boring.
-Metallica: death magnetic is just better then St Anger. But it's far from the thrashy sound we all miss.
-Children of Bodom & Grave digger: i'm not talking about a change in the music, as it is astonishing. The real problem lies in the vocals. For exemple, Alexi Leiho's vocals fit into a more death and less melodic band.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Are there any bands that you wish would change their style?   Are there any bands that you wish would change their style? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 10:18 pm

Gilbert wrote:
-Hammerfall indeed. Too boring.
-Metallica: death magnetic is just better then St Anger. But it's far from the thrashy sound we all miss.
-Children of Bodom & Grave digger: i'm not talking about a change in the music, as it is astonishing. The real problem lies in the vocals. For exemple, Alexi Leiho's vocals fit into a more death and less melodic band.

Chris Boltendahl's voice is what gives Grave Digger their charm.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Are there any bands that you wish would change their style?   Are there any bands that you wish would change their style? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 10:27 pm

Weird Al
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Are there any bands that you wish would change their style?   Are there any bands that you wish would change their style? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 10:50 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Hammerfall.

I wish they'd try something a little different. I think they just keep repeating the same album over and over. I have the first 4 but I got bored by that point.

haha you beat me too it. I always wished they would just do something a little different and give us some sort of surprise or atleast say hmmm that interesting I never heard that before. But no. They did get slightly heavier on the new album but the same formula they use on every album is still there.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Are there any bands that you wish would change their style?   Are there any bands that you wish would change their style? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 10:58 pm

Most of the Euro power metal bands that got started in the late 90s (i.e. HammerFall, Iron Savior, etc.) have gotten pretty stale by now. I wouldn't necessarily say I want them to change their style, but some of them are on their sixth or seventh record now and they all sound pretty much like the one before them. If you're gonna re-make the same album six times, we should get a discount on the price of the CD. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are there any bands that you wish would change their style?   Are there any bands that you wish would change their style? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 10:59 pm

I'd like to hear Iron Maiden record some short, punchy tracks again....and go back to just Murray and Smith on guitars.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Are there any bands that you wish would change their style?   Are there any bands that you wish would change their style? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 11:00 pm

detuned wrote:
and go back to just Murray and Smith on guitars.

Legend has it that the roadies haven't been plugging Janick Gers' guitar in ever since Adrian re-joined the band, but he hasn't realized it yet. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Are there any bands that you wish would change their style?   Are there any bands that you wish would change their style? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 11:16 pm

detuned wrote:
I'd like to hear Iron Maiden record some short, punchy tracks again

Couldn't agree more!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Are there any bands that you wish would change their style?   Are there any bands that you wish would change their style? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 11:29 pm

Would like to see Judas Priest drop the symphonic stuff and start making good 'ol heavy metal again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Are there any bands that you wish would change their style?   Are there any bands that you wish would change their style? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 12:30 am

would love to hear In Flames, Megadeth, Mortification, My Dying Bride, & Burzum record an album that sounds more like their earlier material.

also, i'd love for Cryptopsy to ditch their new singer & get Lord Worm back. or at least another death metal singer.

PostSubject: Re: Are there any bands that you wish would change their style?   Are there any bands that you wish would change their style? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 12:47 am

Cannibal Corpse.
I wish they would try to record an underwater album with no oxygen tanks at about 500 feet.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Are there any bands that you wish would change their style?   Are there any bands that you wish would change their style? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 12:58 am

I would have Limp Bizkit make good music although I'm sure they're beyond saving (except Wes Borland).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are there any bands that you wish would change their style?   Are there any bands that you wish would change their style? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 6:08 am

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
Cannibal Corpse.
I wish they would try to record an underwater album with no oxygen tanks at about 500 feet.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Are there any bands that you wish would change their style?   Are there any bands that you wish would change their style? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 6:48 am

detuned wrote:
UNCLE SAXON wrote:
Cannibal Corpse.

Laughing very hard

lol!
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Are there any bands that you wish would change their style?   Are there any bands that you wish would change their style? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 7:14 am

Troublezone wrote:
detuned wrote:
UNCLE SAXON wrote:
Cannibal Corpse.

Laughing very hard

lol!

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard - You're the man, Sax!!

And guys - A lot of you are answering the exact opposite of the question. Many of you are complaining about bands who have changed their style and wishing they'd go back to their early sound, but the question is what bands you want to steer clear of their current, classic sound, and try something new.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Are there any bands that you wish would change their style?   Are there any bands that you wish would change their style? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 8:02 am

I would like to see Deliverance and Metallica go back to their classic sound.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Are there any bands that you wish would change their style?   Are there any bands that you wish would change their style? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 8:21 am

Manowar should kick Karl Logan out, get Ross the Boss back and start playing real heavy metal again instead of that symphonic, Rhapsody wannabe crap they're making today. They're starting to become more and more like KISS during the The Elder period...
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Are there any bands that you wish would change their style?   Are there any bands that you wish would change their style? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 9:41 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
And guys - A lot of you are answering the exact opposite of the question. Many of you are complaining about bands who have changed their style and wishing they'd go back to their early sound, but the question is what bands you want to steer clear of their current, classic sound, and try something new.

Yeah.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Are there any bands that you wish would change their style?   Are there any bands that you wish would change their style? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 9:44 am

I think AC/DC should make a prog/concept lp.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: Are there any bands that you wish would change their style?   Are there any bands that you wish would change their style? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 10:39 am

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
Cannibal Corpse.

BOOO! whip
Back to top Go down
Defender71
Metal novice
Metal novice
Defender71

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Are there any bands that you wish would change their style?   Are there any bands that you wish would change their style? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 11:02 pm

I always wanted to hear what Whitesnake would sound like if David Coverdale wrote lyrics about anything other than the fairer sex. there are a few here and there but would like to hear more. But I guess then I would be listening to Jorn Lande!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are there any bands that you wish would change their style?   Are there any bands that you wish would change their style? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are there any bands that you wish would change their style?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next