Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can I paint you?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Can I paint you? Empty
PostSubject: Can I paint you?   Can I paint you? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 12:49 am

Hello! Not sure if this is in the right forum...if not I apologize!

Long time lurker who finally decided to join! And sadly, because I need a huge favor.

I’m an art student and I just turned in my proposal for my term project, which consists of painting 11 metal fans. And the problem is I only have one model. And I’m not going do a self-portrait, so I need ten(now 9! Thank you Uncle Saxon!) more models.

If you lovely people would help me out I would be so eternally grateful. What I would need from you is a photo. But it must be good quality, and a decent size! A standing position shot from the knees up, if not something really epic! If I have the time I might be able to paint a couple pieces where there are 2 people present in the photo. It needs to be in color, and try to keep the background simple and not too dark. And it goes without saying it must be “obvious” that you are a metal fan. I know there’s some clichés but for the sake of the project and all, I welcome them. So either totally badass or totally ridiculous, it’s up to you!

I can update this thread every time I complete a painting (over the course of 14 weeks). Each painting will implement a different color scheme, so you might end up green. Just warning you! I’m going to try and stick with realism though. Also, the pieces might be presented in the shape of a pentagram, so I’m just giving a heads up if that offends anyone!

If I paint one of your photos, I will let you give the piece any title of your choosing, take pictures if it ends up in the student gallery, send you a high rez scan of the piece and I will mail you a print of the finished piece.

Thank you for your time. I can’t thank you enough ( if I get a response that is), if you post links to some photos and your email address I will contact you and let you know what photo I’ll be using if any, and I’ll also ask you a few questions about your love of metal and whatnot. It’s easier to paint someone once you get to know them a little! Let me know if you have any questions, and here’s some examples of my work: http://virginiavitamins.deviantart.com/

Again, I can’t thank you enough!

P.S. Extra points if I get to paint someone who looks like a Viking.

Last edited by Virginia on Wed May 13, 2009 6:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Can I paint you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I paint you?   Can I paint you? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 1:06 am

Welcome. Thats a pretty creepy title for a first post though..haha.

Not sure if this is metal enough for you...

https://i.servimg.com/u/f79/12/59/11/23/christ16.jpg
Back to top Go down

Can I paint you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I paint you?   Can I paint you? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 1:13 am

Haha that's how I draw you in. There's a pun for you as well. Draw. get it?

And thank you but it's too small! And standing up is kinda a must!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Can I paint you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I paint you?   Can I paint you? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 9:29 am

Sure, Id participate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

Can I paint you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I paint you?   Can I paint you? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 9:37 am

Stender wrote:

Hey how much for that vengeance rising cd?
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Can I paint you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I paint you?   Can I paint you? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 12:56 pm

Sure id like you to paint me but I dont have long hair is that a problem? I can shoot you over some of my band photo shots though so you can see and let me know.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Can I paint you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I paint you?   Can I paint you? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 2:53 pm

powermacho wrote:
Stender wrote:

Hey how much for that vengeance rising cd?

Not for sale. Cool
Back to top Go down

Can I paint you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I paint you?   Can I paint you? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 2:56 pm

Thanks a lot guys! Feel free to send me any pictures you think might work! You can email me at virginiavitamins@gmail.com or just throw me a PM. Much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Can I paint you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I paint you?   Can I paint you? Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 1:53 am

I think an appropiate picture would be the one with my Wham! friend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Can I paint you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I paint you?   Can I paint you? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can I paint you?
Page 1 of 1