Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ac/Dc before bon

Go down 
+9
TheGooch
powermacho
SAHB Healer
stepcousin
Thrasher73
rattpoison
manny
Fat Freddy
A Handful of Wayne
13 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Ac/Dc before bon Empty
PostSubject: Ac/Dc before bon   Ac/Dc before bon Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 2:09 pm

First I just wanted to say that I used the search function and nothing with Ac/Dc popped up which I thought was strange so if for some reason there is a topic on this already im sorry it didnt show up.

I saw a interview with original vocalist Dave Evans, who btw is annoying as hell. You havent been in this band in how long? Get over it already they arent asking you back. Hes almost like Al Atkins. They think they are so great but what have they done since they left either band? Not a thing! Anyway I just saw this video for the first time and it was also the first time I got to hear Dave sing with AC/DC. Hes actually not bad at all but if he was to stay in the band do you think they would have acheived everything they have all of these years or would they have been gone a long time ago?

Im going to say (which probably most of you will too) they wouldnt have gotten far. Bon Scott had a lot to do with their success. He didnt seem like he was affraid to do anything and nothing would stop him in getting what he wanted.

[youtube]

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Ac/Dc before bon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ac/Dc before bon   Ac/Dc before bon Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:40 pm

Looking at those videos I will thank God everyday AC/DC found Bon Scott to front them.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Ac/Dc before bon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ac/Dc before bon   Ac/Dc before bon Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:10 pm

manny wrote:
Looking at those videos I will thank God everyday AC/DC found Bon Scott to front them.

I have to agree with Manny.Lord knows what would of happened to AC/DC if this guy had stayed.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Ac/Dc before bon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ac/Dc before bon   Ac/Dc before bon Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:30 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
lol!
Searching around on youtube and came across this video. Has anyone else seen this? Bon Scott looks awkward in this band. Can anyone point him out???

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ-45XG7n4k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ-45XG7n4k[/quote[/url]]

oh my gosh, this is brooo-tul!! I couldnt even make it through the song half way.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Ac/Dc before bon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ac/Dc before bon   Ac/Dc before bon Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:39 pm

manny wrote:

Also thank god Bon found AC/DC.........

Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Ac/Dc before bon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ac/Dc before bon   Ac/Dc before bon Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 2:28 am

rattpoison wrote:
a bit hit and miss

I take it those aren't the "hits"? Proof positive that these hybrid ideas don't always work out. Even worse for RP there were the Canadian Lagomorphs "Wrabit" as they spelled it up there. A real life (failed) attempt at crossing BTO with Styx and Kansas. This would ber RP's defacto nightmare band, if it wasn't for Randy Bachman's project "Ironhorse", which actually featured Randy singing over melodic synths at times. Enjoy your breakfast!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Ac/Dc before bon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ac/Dc before bon   Ac/Dc before bon Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 6:49 am

Fraternity were sort of Australia's version of the Band, this what the band inspired to be. Bon and the rest of Fraternity worshiped 'Songs from the Big Pink'

Bon was not the leader of the band and his songwriting ideas were either ignored or right out rejected according to his biographer Clinton Walker, 100% agree with RP thank God Bon found AC/DC.

One good thing that came from Bon's time in Fraternity was Brian Johnson. Fraternity had changed their name to Fang and opened for Geordie in the UK. Bon watched the show and was so impressed with their vocalist Brian Johnson that years later who rave about him to Angus and Malcolm.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Ac/Dc before bon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ac/Dc before bon   Ac/Dc before bon Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 1:37 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
a bit hit and miss

I take it those aren't the "hits"? Proof positive that these hybrid ideas don't always work out. Even worse for RP there were the Canadian Lagomorphs "Wrabit" as they spelled it up there. A real life (failed) attempt at crossing BTO with Styx and Kansas. This would ber RP's defacto nightmare band, if it wasn't for Randy Bachman's project "Ironhorse", which actually featured Randy singing over melodic synths at times. Enjoy your breakfast!

Wow nice amish beard

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Ac/Dc before bon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ac/Dc before bon   Ac/Dc before bon Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 1:45 pm

Wow that quote I quoted was the wrong one. That was meant to be for that last video haha.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

Ac/Dc before bon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ac/Dc before bon   Ac/Dc before bon Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 5:55 pm

That song from Fraternity sounded really good. I wonder how successful could the band be with Bon ?
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Ac/Dc before bon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ac/Dc before bon   Ac/Dc before bon Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 2:24 pm

hmm his voice does not fit the lyric content at all imo
Back to top Go down

Ac/Dc before bon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ac/Dc before bon   Ac/Dc before bon Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 3:28 am

Man - Am I completely ignorant! I never even knew AC/DC had a singer before Bon! But to be honest, that original vresion of "Can I sit next to you girl?" really did not sound aweful to me. A far stretch from Bon Scott's version, but listenable [thanks for the vid!!].

As far as Al Atkins, I have a retrospective of his stuff from 69-73 with Priest and if you like "Rock-a-Rolla", there is not much difference between Al and Rob. It is a good historical listen, if nothing else.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Ac/Dc before bon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ac/Dc before bon   Ac/Dc before bon Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 8:13 am

Yea the song isnt bad, and hes not even a bad singer he just wasnt good for ac/dc.

I'll have to check out that Priest thing. I never heard Atkins sing anything with priest either. I heard his recent stuff and didnt really care for his voice but thats probably because hes a lot older now.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Ac/Dc before bon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ac/Dc before bon   Ac/Dc before bon Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:06 am

Bon was the man for the job, hands down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Ac/Dc before bon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ac/Dc before bon   Ac/Dc before bon Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:03 am

powermacho wrote:
That song from Fraternity sounded really good.

Agreed! That sounded like so many of the great prog bands from Scandinavia at the time. Great sound, and Bon sounded excellent!

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Ac/Dc before bon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ac/Dc before bon   Ac/Dc before bon Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 12:06 pm

If anyone is interested in Bon's pre AC/DC work with Fraternity, the label that owns thoses recordings reissued them on CD, in hopes I am sure to cash in on Bon's AC/DC fame. Again good music but Bon is not the songwriter of these band, anyway here is the cover if anyone runs across it used. An interesting listen of Bon's formative years. And yes they retitled the release as Bon Scott with Fraternity.

Ac/Dc before bon 0009797e_medium
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Ac/Dc before bon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ac/Dc before bon   Ac/Dc before bon Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:22 pm

I had known about Dave Evans; I just never actually sing with AC/DC. Great find.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Ac/Dc before bon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ac/Dc before bon   Ac/Dc before bon Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 8:18 pm

xyz wrote:
I had known about Dave Evans; I just never actually sing with AC/DC. Great find.

AC/DC would strongly disagree with the statement of great find, I am sure if they got hold of the original footage they would have destroyed it.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

Ac/Dc before bon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ac/Dc before bon   Ac/Dc before bon Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 8:53 pm

Here's a link to the B-side of the Can I Sit Next To You Girl 45, it's
"ROCKIN' IN THE PARLOUR".....well, there's no video, but you can hear
the song.When I was a kid, I bought the Albert Archives vinyl at a cool
record store and got to hear this in around 1982ish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhdpIrSQCb8&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ac/Dc before bon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ac/Dc before bon   Ac/Dc before bon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ac/Dc before bon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: