Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I love American music. BUT........

Go down 
+9
Stender
GrandNational
SlaytanicPOWER
stevegarveyfan
sam
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
Olafsto
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

I love American music. BUT........ Empty
PostSubject: I love American music. BUT........   I love American music. BUT........ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:36 am

I HATE the way you seal your CD`s!!!!!!!!!!!!
That fecking tape at the top of the cases never comes off without leaving that sticky glue.
Any one have a magic trick?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: I love American music. BUT........   I love American music. BUT........ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:38 am

"Goo gone" works. That crap drives me crazy too.

I love American music. BUT........ Picture%20438
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: I love American music. BUT........   I love American music. BUT........ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:41 am

Thanks, I`ll have to see if that stuff is available here..
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I love American music. BUT........   I love American music. BUT........ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:43 am

Yea, that's what I use too. Also good for taking the residue left from price tags and even takes off magic marker from the plastic jewel case.

PostSubject: Re: I love American music. BUT........   I love American music. BUT........ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:46 am

The trick to easily getting the tag off is to unclip the bottom of the jewel case lid, then you can use the lid as leverage to slowly pull the sticker off. They come off in one piece that way and leave less residue behind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I love American music. BUT........   I love American music. BUT........ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:47 am

detuned wrote:
The trick to easily getting the tag off is to unclip the bottom of the jewel case lid, then you can use the lid as leverage to slowly pull the sticker off. They come off in one piece that way and leave less residue behind.

Bingo. That's what I do. As long as the CD hasn't been sitting on a shelf for years, the whole sticker should come off without any goo.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: I love American music. BUT........   I love American music. BUT........ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:53 am

SpectreFate wrote:
detuned wrote:

Bingo. That's what I do. As long as the CD hasn't been sitting on a shelf for years, the whole sticker should come off without any goo.

Yea, I've noticed that too. The longer the cd sits, the harder it is to get all the glue residue off. Newer cd's usually come off without a problem. It's the older ones that are a sticky mess.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: I love American music. BUT........   I love American music. BUT........ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:56 am

detuned wrote:

That's what I do as well but the downside is I occasionally break one of the jewel case tabs.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: I love American music. BUT........   I love American music. BUT........ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:22 am

I HATE THIS smurf poo!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: I love American music. BUT........   I love American music. BUT........ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:44 pm

I heard a comedian once, talking about how the guy who invented how to wrap cd's would be in hell having to peel cellophane off cd's. He'd be next to the guy who invented child proof caps.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: I love American music. BUT........   I love American music. BUT........ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 1:28 pm

It drives us all crazy, and I'm an American. Some folks don't care, but they are not collectors. They just take out the CDs and put them in the visor of their cars. I can't STAND that. As a collector, it's one of the most unsightly things imaginable.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: I love American music. BUT........   I love American music. BUT........ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 1:33 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I heard a comedian once, talking about how the guy who invented how to wrap cd's would be in hell having to peel cellophane off cd's. He'd be next to the guy who invented child proof caps.

I heard a similiar routine where the guys said he needed to have adamatium (sp?) claws like Wolverine to open the cellophane.

Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: I love American music. BUT........   I love American music. BUT........ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 1:36 pm

stevegarveyfan wrote:
It drives us all crazy, and I'm an American. Some folks don't care, but they are not collectors. They just take out the CDs and put them in the visor of their cars. I can't STAND that. As a collector, it's one of the most unsightly things imaginable.

I'm in the middle between one of those collectors and a regular listener. I don't treat all my stuff like gold, but I hang on to them and treat them well enough to still kinda look new later on.

Here is the most effective tool for removing those stickers...

I love American music. BUT........ Fingernails
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: I love American music. BUT........   I love American music. BUT........ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 4:38 pm

[quote="SlaytanicPOWER"]
stevegarveyfan wrote:

...scratching you off my "pick-on-this-guy" list...
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: I love American music. BUT........   I love American music. BUT........ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 4:42 pm

[quote="stevegarveyfan"]
SlaytanicPOWER wrote:
stevegarveyfan wrote:

...scratching you off my "pick-on-this-guy" list...

Lol no pun intended?
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: I love American music. BUT........   I love American music. BUT........ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 4:55 pm

Olafsto wrote:
That fecking tape at the top of the cases never comes off without leaving that sticky glue.

I always use lighter fluid. Put a bit on tissue and it works like magic with damaging anything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I love American music. BUT........   I love American music. BUT........ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 6:41 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Olafsto wrote:

I always use lighter fluid. Put a bit on tissue and it works like magic with damaging anything.

This method is not recommended if you're firing up a bowl while unwrapping your CDs.....
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: I love American music. BUT........   I love American music. BUT........ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 8:51 pm

detuned wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Olafsto wrote:

This method is not recommended if you're firing up a bowl while unwrapping your CDs.....

Haha...yeah I could see how that would not go well.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: I love American music. BUT........   I love American music. BUT........ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:23 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
detuned wrote:

I've done that as well but unfortunately most cd's have been sitting and the glue is old.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: I love American music. BUT........   I love American music. BUT........ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:27 pm

Troublezone wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
detuned wrote:

I've done that as well but unfortunately most cd's have been sitting and the glue is old.

I do that for every cd I open, just makes it so much easier, and use the goo gone as well. Although, things the way they are, I usually buy the mint used ones now anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: I love American music. BUT........   I love American music. BUT........ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:25 pm

DVDs are even harder to open to me. Like breaking into Fort Knox.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: I love American music. BUT........   I love American music. BUT........ Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:03 am

Thanks for all the good advice guys.
Now I have to order me some CD`s right away, i`ll just tell the wife i really need to try out your methods Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: I love American music. BUT........   I love American music. BUT........ Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 3:21 pm

Make sure you aren't using paint thinner to get that stuff off, it has been known to melt the plastic!
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: I love American music. BUT........   I love American music. BUT........ Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 3:39 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Olafsto wrote:

If Gasoline is what you are referring, that is the best tool to remove tape or glue from any surface.
But be careful, only used it for the jewel case not for booklets, and I would't recommend it for other materials, since the gasoline will take out the paint off from the material you are cleaning.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: I love American music. BUT........   I love American music. BUT........ Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 9:14 pm

powermacho wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Olafsto wrote:

If Gasoline is what you are referring, that is the best tool to remove tape or glue from any surface.
But be careful, only used it for the jewel case not for booklets, and I would't recommend it for other materials, since the gasoline will take out the paint off from the material you are cleaning.

Actually Goo Gone is better than gasoline and is more convenient.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I love American music. BUT........   I love American music. BUT........ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I love American music. BUT........
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next