Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do It For the Band - The Girls of the Sunset Strip

Go down 
+2
manny
MetalGuy71
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Do It For the Band - The Girls of the Sunset Strip Empty
PostSubject: Do It For the Band - The Girls of the Sunset Strip   Do It For the Band - The Girls of the Sunset Strip Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 10:10 am

Did anyone else catch this on VH-1 Classic? I just watched it last night. Mildly entertaining. They interviewed a bunch of girls/groupies/girlfriends from the LA rock scene from the 80's. Most of 'em told the same story, "We supported the band, partied and then got dumped when the band hit big time". I did find it interesting that they found the girl that made the sex noises in GnR's 'Rocket Queen'. Apparently she was Steven Adler's girlfriend at the time, but Axl convinced her to have sex with him while it was recorded for the album and the next day, she regretted it (duh!).

It's a good way to kill an hour (or 40 minutes Tivo'ed). And since it's VH-1, expect to see it replayed about 12,000 times.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Do It For the Band - The Girls of the Sunset Strip   Do It For the Band - The Girls of the Sunset Strip Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 10:17 am

Yes I saw and it was entertaining, and some of these girls seemed surprised 20 plus years later that band dumped them when they hit the big time.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Do It For the Band - The Girls of the Sunset Strip   Do It For the Band - The Girls of the Sunset Strip Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 10:34 am

Shoot, I meant to watch this over the weekend but forgot about it. But as you said, VH1 Classic will probably re-run it a zillion times so I'll try and catch it at a later date.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Do It For the Band - The Girls of the Sunset Strip   Do It For the Band - The Girls of the Sunset Strip Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 10:22 pm

I've seen about half of it. Hope to see the rest soon. I'm sure thier parents are proud.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Do It For the Band - The Girls of the Sunset Strip   Do It For the Band - The Girls of the Sunset Strip Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 10:27 pm

It was ok i thought it would be a little more "juicy" so to speak but the inside info about the GnR song was interesting. This was more about the Cherry Pie girl than anything...
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Do It For the Band - The Girls of the Sunset Strip   Do It For the Band - The Girls of the Sunset Strip Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 4:17 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Did anyone else catch this on VH-1 Classic? I just watched it last night. Mildly entertaining. They interviewed a bunch of girls/groupies/girlfriends from the LA rock scene from the 80's. Most of 'em told the same story, "We supported the band, partied and then got dumped when the band hit big time". I did find it interesting that they found the girl that made the sex noises in GnR's 'Rocket Queen'. Apparently she was Steven Adler's girlfriend at the time, but Axl convinced her to have sex with him while it was recorded for the album and the next day, she regretted it (duh!).

It's a good way to kill an hour (or 40 minutes Tivo'ed). And since it's VH-1, expect to see it replayed about 12,000 times.

I saw the commercial regarding this program a week before the program aired. I was going to start a thread, but I forgot. I did catch the program, and it was interesting. Some of the women still looked good today, and some were definitely a little worse for wear. Had I not just finished reading Slash's autobiography, the GNR story would've come as a total surprise, but it was still cool to put a face with Rock N' Roll history. I have to say, Steven's ex isn't one of those that has held up over the years, but then again, either has Steven.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do It For the Band - The Girls of the Sunset Strip   Do It For the Band - The Girls of the Sunset Strip Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1