Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records!

Go down 
+9
kmorg
Stender
MetalChaz
sam
MetalFRO
kethdredd
7thSaviour
Olafsto
ultmetal
13 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records! Empty
PostSubject: Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records!   Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 8:41 am

Quote :
Hey Guys,

Retroactive just signed Jacob's Dream.....for their new album and a re-relase of their indie album Dominion & Darkness as a digipak with bonus tracks! Details will be forthcoming!

Blessings,

Matt
Retroactive Records
Bombworks Records
Brutal Planet Distribution

Quote :
SAINT, obviously, needs no introduction. One of the classic bands in the history of Christian metal, SAINT debuted with the 1984 EP Warriors Of The Son before recording the Pure Metal full length releases Time’s End (1986) and Too Late For Living (1988). After going on extended hiatus, SAINT returned following the turn of the century with In The Battle (2004), The Mark (2006) and Crime Scene Earth (2008).

Retroactive Records will re-issue out of print SAINT albums such as Warriors Of The Son and In The Battle. Crime Scene Earth will be re-issued as well, but with Josh Kramer contributing lead vocals on all its track (the original version of CSE featured Josh on just three songs). Josh will be returning to the studio to record vocals on the other six, which were originally handled by bassist Richard Lynch. The reissues will be remastered, have bonus tracks, have new or enhanced artwork, and will be be released as digipaks!

Expect a new SAINT album, entitled Hell Blade, to come out on Retroactive in November or December.

Official: www.saintsite.com

Matt

Last edited by ultmetal on Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records!   Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 9:03 am

Doesn`t matter what label Jacobs Dream are on as long as their albums sounds like they are recorded and mixed under water.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records!   Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 9:53 am

I am happy JD have been signed to one of the best labels in heavy Christian music!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records!   Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 9:58 am

Olafsto wrote:
Doesn`t matter what label Jacobs Dream are on as long as their albums sounds like they are recorded and mixed under water.

I'm curious to see if Retroactive will at least have the last album remixed and mastered. I doubt they will release it as is.

Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records!   Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 10:34 am

Is there anyone left for Retroactive to sign?

Looking forward to the new Saint!
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records!   Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 11:43 am

Awesome news, as is nearly anything to do with RetroActive records Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records!   Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 11:55 am

cool news.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records!   Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:54 pm

Cool on a new Saint album. Though I like Domion of Darkness I would like to see it remixed.
Back to top Go down
MetalChaz
Metal novice
Metal novice
MetalChaz

Number of posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records!   Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 3:52 pm

I HATE TO BE THE CRAP DUMPER BUT THIS IS NOT YET OFFICIAL. I WISH THAT IT WAS. THIS PAST WEEKEND THE GUYS GAVE THE GO AHEAD TO CALL MATT AND LET HIM KNOW WE WERE SIGNING THE DEAL. THEN SUDDENLY AFTER I TOLD HIM ONE OF THE GUYS PULLED OUT WANTING TO RE NEGOTIATE THE CONTRACT. SO.....THATS WHERE IT STANDS RIGHT NOW. SORRY GUYS AND GALS. IM REWALLY HOPING THAT THIS HAPPENDS SO PLEASE PRAY FOR THAT!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chazbond
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records!   Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 4:11 pm

MetalChaz wrote:
I HATE TO BE THE CRAP DUMPER BUT THIS IS NOT YET OFFICIAL. I WISH THAT IT WAS. THIS PAST WEEKEND THE GUYS GAVE THE GO AHEAD TO CALL MATT AND LET HIM KNOW WE WERE SIGNING THE DEAL. THEN SUDDENLY AFTER I TOLD HIM ONE OF THE GUYS PULLED OUT WANTING TO RE NEGOTIATE THE CONTRACT. SO.....THATS WHERE IT STANDS RIGHT NOW. SORRY GUYS AND GALS. IM REWALLY HOPING THAT THIS HAPPENDS SO PLEASE PRAY FOR THAT!

Are you Chaz Bond? dude you rule and I will totally pray for your signing to retroactive.

I've been pretty impressed with retroactive lately, they've been signing some good bands lately especially Disaffection...I have been really getting into them. 🤘
Back to top Go down
MetalChaz
Metal novice
Metal novice
MetalChaz

Number of posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records!   Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 7:10 pm

Hey man thanx alot and yeah its me. lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chazbond
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records!   Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 11:25 am

Sad to hear this Chaz, but hopefully it will work out.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records!   Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 11:35 am

I'm not a major fan of Saint, but I always liked their songs "Star Pilot" and "Too Late For Living". Good luck to 'em!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records!   Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:05 pm

Cool news!
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records!   Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:52 pm

I am glad to see these two independent bands to get a label.

I felt that Saint was over, but thanks God that they got signed and now there is a bright futire for the band. Hopefully we get some nice re-releases from retroactive

As for Jacob's Dream they have been a underrated band that should not be in the situation they are right now, I hope that they get the recognition they deserve
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records!   Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 9:43 am

Hope it works out for Jacob's Dream and as for Saint, that's great news (seeing as I missed the boat with them and have always wanted to hear them). Hopefully Mardel will carry the re-issues.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records!   Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 9:50 am

Cool that the last Saint album is getting a re-dub with Josh Kramer singing on all the tracks. But what I wanna know is... why didn't he sing on all of them in the first place?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records!   Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 9:51 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
What I wanna know is... why didn't Josh sing on all the tracks on CRIME SCENE EARTH in the first place?

That's a very good question that I oft wonder myself.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records!   Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 9:56 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
What I wanna know is... why didn't Josh sing on all the tracks on CRIME SCENE EARTH in the first place?

That's a very good question that I oft wonder myself.

Even worse is that when I reviewed the disc for Detritus, the promo/bio sheet that came with it said nothing about Josh not singing on the entire album. So I just assumed it was him on all the tracks, made some comments about how "It sounds like Kramer's voice isn't aging well" or words to that effect, and then felt stupid when I found out the real deal. Why was there no full disclosure?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records!   Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jacob's Dream AND Saint now on Retroactive Records!
Page 1 of 1