Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MICHAEL VESCERA-A Sign Of Things To Come

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

MICHAEL VESCERA-A Sign Of Things To Come Empty
PostSubject: MICHAEL VESCERA-A Sign Of Things To Come   MICHAEL VESCERA-A Sign Of Things To Come Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:48 pm

Any Mike Vescera fans in the house. He's sung for the likes of Loudness and Yngwie in the past, but this is his most recent solo album. 10/10 Great power metal! He's one of my all-time fave singers! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL VESCERA-A Sign Of Things To Come   MICHAEL VESCERA-A Sign Of Things To Come Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:49 pm

Decent vocalist, & I'm sure he's a hella nice guy, but he totally killed LOUDNESS for me...the two albums he did with'em were both rather blah.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL VESCERA-A Sign Of Things To Come   MICHAEL VESCERA-A Sign Of Things To Come Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Decent vocalist, & I'm sure he's a hella nice guy, but he totally killed LOUDNESS for me...
I like Loudness with and without MV on vocals, but this is about Mike's solo work. Have you heard any of the new stuff yet?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL VESCERA-A Sign Of Things To Come   MICHAEL VESCERA-A Sign Of Things To Come Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:55 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Decent vocalist, & I'm sure he's a hella nice guy, but he totally killed LOUDNESS for me...
I like Loudness with and without MV on vocals, but this is about Mike's solo work. Have you heard any of the new stuff yet?

Nah, haven't heard it yet... I do have the last album he did with Obsession a couple of years ago (CARNIVAL OF LIES, or whatever it's called) around here somewhere and that's pretty bad-ass stuff.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL VESCERA-A Sign Of Things To Come   MICHAEL VESCERA-A Sign Of Things To Come Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:55 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Nah, haven't heard it yet... I do have the last album he did with Obsession a couple of years ago (CARNIVAL OF LIES, or whatever it's called) around here somewhere and that's pretty bad-ass stuff.
That's one I still have to pick up. I've heard good things about it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL VESCERA-A Sign Of Things To Come   MICHAEL VESCERA-A Sign Of Things To Come Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 2:02 pm

I have Palace of Black - When the Enemy Falls. I think I got it in a trade from someone here (Spec?). Anyway, it's really good, but the one small criticism I have of that cd is that Mike is almost too good for the music. The music is kinda slow and doomy and his vocals are clean and soaring. They don't really match up, if that makes any sense. Don't get me wrong, it's a good cd and I think you can pick it up pretty cheap at cd baby, but I think the music might have benfitted with a more gritty or lower range singer.

Other than that, I'm not real familair with his work. I've never heard him in Loudness. The coupla Loudenss cd's I have are with the Japanese singer. Wok n' Woll!!

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL VESCERA-A Sign Of Things To Come   MICHAEL VESCERA-A Sign Of Things To Come Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 2:03 pm

He's got a very strong voice, but not very versatile at all. Everything he sings on, he sings it with the same vocal style...be it Loudness, Yngwie, Joe Stump's Reign Of Terror, Safe Haven, Obsession, and even that Doom thing he did...he can't tailor his voice to a style at all...it's all the same delivery...he fits the best on the heavier stuff like Obsession & Reign Of Terror, IMO.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL VESCERA-A Sign Of Things To Come   MICHAEL VESCERA-A Sign Of Things To Come Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 2:05 pm

Quote :
The music is kinda slow and doomy and his vocals are clean and soaring. They don't really match up, if that makes any sense.

Quote :
even that Doom thing he did...he can't tailor his voice to a style at all...it's all the same delivery

Yea, that's what I was trying to say. Thanks Shawn

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL VESCERA-A Sign Of Things To Come   MICHAEL VESCERA-A Sign Of Things To Come Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 2:13 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
He's got a very strong voice, but not very versatile at all. Everything he sings on, he sings it with the same vocal style...be it Loudness, Yngwie, Joe Stump's Reign Of Terror, Safe Haven, Obsession, and even that Doom thing he did...he can't tailor his voice to a style at all...it's all the same delivery...he fits the best on the heavier stuff like Obsession & Reign Of Terror, IMO.
Good point. I'll have to check out those 2 projects you mentioned at the end. He reminds me quite a bit of my friend Lance King. MICHAEL VESCERA-A Sign Of Things To Come 604261
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL VESCERA-A Sign Of Things To Come   MICHAEL VESCERA-A Sign Of Things To Come Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MICHAEL VESCERA-A Sign Of Things To Come
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: