Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This is insane.

Go down 
+7
kmorg
MetalFRO
sam
Stender
7thSaviour
Svengo
Lurideath
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

This is insane. Empty
PostSubject: This is insane.   This is insane. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 12:24 pm

FilipinoMetal.com, the Philippines' most prominent metal web site has been taken down by the local police and the National Bureau of Investigation (N.B.I.). Four counts of libel and defamation were filed against the web site's owner and his affiliates on March 26, 2009 in relation to the FilipinoMetal.com efforts to root out pay-to-play gigs in the country. N.B.I.'s Computer Crimes Division confiscated all server files for investigation and closed down the web site, including its forums, the following day.

FilipinoMetal.com spearheaded a movement against pay-to-play gigs last year. They released a "scumlist" — a blacklist of all "known pay-to-play organizations" in and out of the nation's capital. The infamous list and all materials related to it are allegedly the source of the legal action. Jet Asinas, proprietor of FilipinoMetal.com, commented, "Yes, we are having problems with the local police, but that is just the tip of the iceberg. We would like to thank everyone who has supported our efforts in curbing out the shameful practices of pay-to-play organizations in our scene. For sure, this is not yet over. These people are just wasting their time and money. They have no case."

The web site is home to 9,000 users and the page enjoys 14,000 unique hits every day. It is the Philippines' definitive resource of local metal news, gigs and more. In the meantime, an offshoot anti-pay-to-play web site was made by non-metal supporters of the movement recently to continue the efforts of FilipinoMetal.com.

I praise this guy for his action against "Pay to Play" gigs!
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

This is insane. Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is insane.   This is insane. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 12:39 pm

Sounds like some good old fashioned bribery of government officials by local businessmen to shut this down to me. It's everyday life in third world countries. Heck, it's pretty much goes on everyday in the U.S.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

This is insane. Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is insane.   This is insane. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 12:49 pm

That's a real traveshamockery if I ever saw one!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

This is insane. Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is insane.   This is insane. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 1:45 pm

stupid.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

This is insane. Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is insane.   This is insane. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 4:05 pm

haven't they got better things to do then harass metal heads? like solve CRIME?!?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

This is insane. Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is insane.   This is insane. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 5:14 pm

sam wrote:
haven't they got better things to do then harass metal heads? like solve CRIME?!?!

You are sigged, good sir Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

This is insane. Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is insane.   This is insane. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:10 am

Wasn't one of the creators of this site a member here for a while?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

This is insane. Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is insane.   This is insane. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:30 am

kmorg wrote:

Yes, but Trog ate him
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

This is insane. Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is insane.   This is insane. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:51 am

kmorg wrote:

Yes he was, he posted here a while as juanmiguel.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

This is insane. Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is insane.   This is insane. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 11:52 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Yes, but Trog ate him
NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM!!! This is insane. 309780
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

This is insane. Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is insane.   This is insane. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 12:47 pm

Olafsto wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Yes he was, he posted here a while as juanmiguel.

That's the guy! Thanks.

Oh, and Trog, spit him out, for crying our loud. You have no idea where's he's been!

This is insane. Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is insane.   This is insane. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 2:05 pm

Juan is a very cool individual that I have known and traded with for years. But that is about the only good thing I can say about the Phillipines. Otherwise, it is a bastian of scum. From radical terrorist groups down to the hundreds of unethical metal cd traders. Anyone reading this - if you are approached by someone from the Phillipines to make a trade, ask for referrences, do a Google search, and ALWAYS, ALWAYS make them ship first without you sending your stuff until you have rec'd their end. And if their address is Davao City - just delete the pm/email. Hope that saves some future heartache for anyone in the trading community.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

This is insane. Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is insane.   This is insane. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 2:48 pm

Yet another thing, I know nothing about.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

This is insane. Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is insane.   This is insane. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 2:49 pm

kmorg wrote:
Oh, and Trog, spit him out, for crying our loud. You have no idea where's he's been!
fillipeeno dert am trog fayvritt kyna skum! \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Sponsored content

This is insane. Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is insane.   This is insane. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is insane.
Page 1 of 1