Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Math Horseman

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Black Math Horseman Empty
PostSubject: Black Math Horseman   Black Math Horseman Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 11:25 am

Black Math Horseman Black%20math%20horseman

I always love discovering a new band right before their debut album comes out, after seeing this band twice in the last 2 days I'm definitely a fan. I'm not really going to try and describe their sound or stick them into a category, because I think they've got their own thing going.

http://www.myspace.com/blackmathhorseman

http://teepeerecords.com/bands/black_math_horseman/index.php

The debut album comes out April 21st on Tee Pee Records and was produced by Scott Reeder (The Obsessed, Kyuss, Unida)

They definitely get "detuned's seal of approval".
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Black Math Horseman   Black Math Horseman Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 11:58 am

Hmmm, that's pretty interesting stuff. I hear a sorta post-metal/desert rock vibe goin' on there.
Definitely a band to check out a bit more.
Back to top Go down
Trial by Fire
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Trial by Fire

Number of posts : 271

PostSubject: Re: Black Math Horseman   Black Math Horseman Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 12:00 pm

Tee Pee records has been signing a pretty solid crew of bands on their label as of late (lots of psychadelic!) and this sounds like it could be another winner judging from the Myspace tunes. This is definitely a record that I'll be checking out, thanks for the heads up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Math Horseman   Black Math Horseman Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 12:08 pm

I met the head of Tee Pee records last night, I bet he's not even 30. He's a real nice guy and really cares about the bands on his label.

I spent a couple hours last night hanging out with both Earthless & Black Math Horseman, REALLY cool, down to earth individuals.
Back to top Go down
Trial by Fire
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Trial by Fire

Number of posts : 271

PostSubject: Re: Black Math Horseman   Black Math Horseman Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 1:27 pm

That's cool, they're one of few labels that I'm keeping an eye on lately for releases because I found some pretty intriguing bands that are part of their lineup. They seem to emphasise artistic integrity and expression and that is what I like to see as a business model, one that produces bands for quality and not for fame. I found some other cool bands from them as well like Graveyard, who are actually the band that led me to find Tee Pee. Weird Owl are a cool psychadelic rock band as well and just in the past few minutes I found Assemble Head in Sunburst Sound whom I just added to my 'bands to watch' list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Math Horseman   Black Math Horseman Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 5:27 pm

Trial by Fire wrote:
Assemble Head in Sunburst Sound

I just met Camilla Saufley this afternoon at the High Times party. She is the girlfriend of Earthless guitarist Isaiah Mitchell. They are just the coolest.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Black Math Horseman   Black Math Horseman Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 7:09 pm

Wow, I thought that was exceptionally bad.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Black Math Horseman   Black Math Horseman Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 12:13 pm

Sounds pretty cool to me. I'd buy this.

PostSubject: Re: Black Math Horseman   Black Math Horseman Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 12:51 pm

Here's a picture taken at "Full Metal Texas" this past Thursday.

Black Math Horseman Black2jpg
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Black Math Horseman   Black Math Horseman Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 1:46 pm

A girl playing bass? That's crazy. What's next, a monkey that plays an accordian? Very Happy

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Black Math Horseman   Black Math Horseman Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:49 pm

The song on their myspace page sounded pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Math Horseman   Black Math Horseman Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Math Horseman
Page 1 of 1