Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overexposed

Go down 
+7
Fat Freddy
manny
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
kmorg
11 posters
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Overexposed Empty
PostSubject: Overexposed   Overexposed Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:15 pm

Some singers are great. Some are awesome. And some you think you'll never grow tired off. You think you'll never hear enough of their voice, and look forward to everything they release, or participate on. But then it happens; they get over exposed! They atart to sound the same over and over again, And there is little to no variation in the melody lines.

2 singers comes to mind for this thread: Rob Rock and Jørn Lande. I love both of them, and thought I couldn't get enough. But after the last Jorn album, and now the Fires Of Babylon CD, I think I'm full! I really feel less than excited about Rob and the next Impellitteri album, and I don't think I'll even bother with the Jorn live DVD.

What other singers/artist do you find over exposed?

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Overexposed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overexposed   Overexposed Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:18 pm

Rob's not overexposed. It's all about the quality of the songwriting.

No one who consistently writes great songs and performs well can be "overexposed".
Back to top Go down

Overexposed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overexposed   Overexposed Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:19 pm

Yeah, Kurt...shut up!! angry
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Overexposed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overexposed   Overexposed Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:25 pm

We need more artists like Rob out there. Overexposed? Good.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Overexposed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overexposed   Overexposed Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:28 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Rob's not overexposed. It's all about the quality of the songwriting.

No one who consistently writes great songs and performs well can be "overexposed".

As long as they continue to play for/with/in 10 different band/projects, and they all sound the same, they could. It doesn't matter what he writes, as long as he sings other people's songs, and keep doin' it very similar to his own stuff.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Overexposed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overexposed   Overexposed Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:28 pm

I think Lance King is overexposed. He's been a part of so many fricken bands that I stopped trying to keep up.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Overexposed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overexposed   Overexposed Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:31 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I think Lance King is overexposed. He's been a part of so many fricken bands that I stopped trying to keep up.

Good call. Although he should have stayed with Pyramaze, imo.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Overexposed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overexposed   Overexposed Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:33 pm

I still liked Lance best in Balance Of Power.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Overexposed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overexposed   Overexposed Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:35 pm

kmorg wrote:
As long as they continue to play for/with/in 10 different band/projects, and they all sound the same, they could. It doesn't matter what he writes, as long as he sings other people's songs, and keep doin' it very similar to his own stuff.

Then the problem is the other people's songs.

It's really tough for a great singer (like Rob is) to save a crappy song.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Overexposed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overexposed   Overexposed Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:39 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Then the problem is the other people's songs.

It's really tough for a great singer (like Rob is) to save a crappy song.

I think it was ult that said that he thught that Rob could sing over a busy phone signal, and make it sound great! So I think he could salvage ever the crappiest of songs. Laughing

Overexposed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overexposed   Overexposed Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:49 pm

tohostudios wrote:

The sole album I have of his is Transitional Forms by Defyance and he is the worst part of it, IMO.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Overexposed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overexposed   Overexposed Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:05 pm

Ozzy.

I love ya, man, but just stop it. Please. I wish that reality show never existed.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Overexposed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overexposed   Overexposed Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:08 pm

I second metalguy's vote for his Ozziness.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Overexposed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overexposed   Overexposed Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:12 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Ozzy.
I love ya, man, but just stop it. Please. I wish that reality show never existed.

Have you seen the promos for the new Osbournes variety show that's coming soon to the FOX Network? Lord help us all. Shocked

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Overexposed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overexposed   Overexposed Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:15 pm

i agree on Ozzy & add Phil Anselmo.

MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Overexposed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overexposed   Overexposed Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:20 pm

Jorn Lande is still one of the best rock/metal singers out there. Sometimes the songwriting lacks therefore making them not as memorable. If he was putting out great albums none of this would be said.

Mr. Rock is another amazing vocalsit who I will never grow old of hearing.

James Labrie of Dream Theater I always liked his voice but sometimes he really needs to shutup.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Overexposed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overexposed   Overexposed Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:24 pm

Quote :
Jorn Lande is still one of the best rock/metal singers out there.

His vocals on Avantasia's The Scarecrow are the best (in my opinion) of his life.

I'll take some more please!!

Rob Rock is the same way. With great material to work with, he's the best. However, his last couple projects (not his solo stuff) have been a little flat for me.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Overexposed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overexposed   Overexposed Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:37 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
Jorn Lande is still one of the best rock/metal singers out there.

His vocals on Avantasia's The Scarecrow are the best (in my opinion) of his life.

I'll take some more please!!

Rob Rock is the same way. With great material to work with, he's the best. However, his last couple projects (not his solo stuff) have been a little flat for me.

I agree, I thought he was amaing on the Allen Lande the Battle cd as well. Ill add Soto to that list as well. It all boils down to the songs really. Its not that you get tired of the voice its you dont feel as connected to the singer if the music and songwriting is below par.
Back to top Go down

Overexposed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overexposed   Overexposed Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 4:12 pm

It's like anything. Too much and it starts to not be as special.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

Overexposed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overexposed   Overexposed Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 6:01 pm

Rob Rock is sure over exposed, Fired Of Babylon Sucks, and Driver was good but didn't blow my mind. Impellitteri is going to be different, and I hope that they do a World Tour
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Overexposed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overexposed   Overexposed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overexposed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: