Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rock Trivia Thread

Go down 
+25
James B.
SpectreFate
chewie
thejokeriv
Dave the Boss
EvyMetal
TrogDawn
holydiver97595
Getizzyback
DeathCult
rattpoison
Mglaffas81
sam
Leatherface
akeldama
MetalRob331
tohostudios
Schbopo
XYZ
Thrasher73
kmorg
Fat Freddy
manny
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Rock Trivia Thread - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:39 am

Leatherface wrote:
The song 'Seven Doors Hotel' by Europe was based on what movie?

Best Little Whorehouse in Texas
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:40 am

That's pretty funny if you're right, Manny.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 7:23 pm

No, but thanks for playing anyway. Here's some Turtlewax for ya...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 6:58 am

How about Psycho?

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 1:00 pm

kmorg wrote:
How about Psycho?

The Bates Motel had 12 cabins...and 12 vacancies. Evil Seed
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:28 am

kmorg wrote:
How about Psycho?
Nope
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 12:45 pm

Leatherface wrote:
kmorg wrote:
How about Psycho?
Nope

How about a hint?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 11:01 am

Wikipedia wrote:
Tempest was inspired to write the song after seeing the Italian horror film The Beyond.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 3:27 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Wikipedia wrote:
Tempest was inspired to write the song after seeing the Italian horror film The Beyond.

Crap, I should have known that! I believe there is an alternative title for that movie with 7 in the title.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 12:58 am

Yes, The Beyond is correct.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 2:23 pm

A scene from what now-classic comedy film inspired Aerosmith's "Walk This Way?"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 2:25 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Young Frankenstein?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 2:26 pm

S.D. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Young Frankenstein?

DING DING DING DING DING

Shoot. Too easy? I just learned that little nugget myself...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 2:31 pm

I just guessed, I had never thought about what inspired the song. Once you mentioned "classic comedy" I deduced Young Frankenstein based on the scene from that movie and the year it was released (1974), so it would have been fresh in the minds of the Aerosmith boys.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 2:36 pm

S.D. wrote:
I just guessed, I had never thought about what inspired the song. Once you mentioned "classic comedy" I deduced Young Frankenstein based on the scene from that movie and the year it was released (1974), so it would have been fresh in the minds of the Aerosmith boys.

Yep, as the story goes, the Aero's were suffering from a bit of writer's block while recording Toys... and finally one night they said "F*ck it for now" and went out to see a movie. They went to "Young Frankenstein," and the "Walk this way" gag in the film reportedly struck them all so funny that they were inspired to write the song.

...now you know. And knowing is half the batlle. Yooooo JOE!!

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 2:50 pm

In the movie 'Airheads' how were Lone Rangers, able to determine if the dude was actually an undercover cop or not?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 2:59 pm

manny wrote:
In the movie 'Airheads' how were Lone Rangers, able to determine if the dude was actually an undercover cop or not?

2 questions...

Who did you side with in the split, David Lee Roth or Van Halen?

Who would win in a fight, Lemmy or God?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 11:32 am

What band started out under the name Meggadeath?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 11:45 am

Pink Floyd?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 4:57 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Pink Floyd?
Yep.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:39 am

What legendary rock band pulled a fan out of the audience and set him behind the drums to play after the band's drummer passed out mid-set?

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:51 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
What legendary rock band pulled a fan out of the audience and set him behind the drums to play after the band's drummer passed out mid-set?

The Who

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:54 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

The Who

Yup. No prize for you this time Shawn. Razz

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 12:01 pm

Here's another one for all y'all...

Aside from Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney, what artist has sold over 100 million albums as both a solo artist AND as part of a group?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 12:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Here's another one for all y'all...

Aside from Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney, what artist has sold over 100 million albums as both a solo artist AND as part of a group?

Phil Collins
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rock Trivia Thread
Page 27 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next