Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rock Trivia Thread

Go down 
+25
James B.
SpectreFate
chewie
thejokeriv
Dave the Boss
EvyMetal
TrogDawn
holydiver97595
Getizzyback
DeathCult
rattpoison
Mglaffas81
sam
Leatherface
akeldama
MetalRob331
tohostudios
Schbopo
XYZ
Thrasher73
kmorg
Fat Freddy
manny
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

Rock Trivia Thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 9:17 pm

akeldama wrote:
What was Elvis doing when he died?

Bonus:What was the name of the book he was reading?

1. He was on the crapper

Bonus... I have no idea.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 3:30 am

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
You talking 'bout Payola$?

Is that what Wiki said...

I don't know.

:glee:
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 9:48 am

Troublezone wrote:
akeldama wrote:
What was Elvis doing when he died?

Bonus:What was the name of the book he was reading?

1. He was on the crapper

Bonus... I have no idea.

You are correct.

I'm sure nobody will get the bonus so...the name of the book was "The Scientific Search For Jesus".
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 3:17 am

interesting...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 3:49 am

I don't know how this works and I am not going to read 11 pages. My guess is - ya throw out a trivia question and see who get's it? If so, I have an easy one.

What singer do I hate more than any other? [***note*** I did not say "singer-guitarist"]

And for a serious trivia question:

What 17 year old guitar prodigy was asked to take over for Brian Jones in the Rolling Stones?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 8:05 am

Quote :
What singer do I hate more than any other? [***note*** I did not say "singer-guitarist"]

Henry Rollins
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 8:06 am

Axl(a**hole) Rose on the first Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 9:57 am

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
I don't know how this works and I am not going to read 11 pages. My guess is - ya throw out a trivia question and see who get's it? If so, I have an easy one.

And for a serious trivia question:

What 17 year old guitar prodigy was asked to take over for Brian Jones in the Rolling Stones?

Your first question, I'm not even gonna dignify that with an answer. As for #2, I think that was Rory Gallagher.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 3:28 pm

Name that tune and band:

"Do you know 500 dollars would get your head blowd off? IT WILL, HAHAHA!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 5:33 pm

akeldama wrote:
Name that tune and band:

"Do you know 500 dollars would get your head blowd off? IT WILL, HAHAHA!!!!

Molly Hatchet - Bounty Hunter from their 1977 S/T debut album on CBS Records.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 5:36 pm

DC - Correct
MG - Incorrect

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 7:47 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
DC - Correct
MG - Incorrect

Peter Frampton?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 9:26 pm

manny wrote:
UNCLE SAXON wrote:
DC - Correct
MG - Incorrect

Peter Frampton?

Dang. Is it Frampton? I know I've heard this question somewhere. I just can't remember it now.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 1:52 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
DC - Correct
MG - Incorrect

So are you gonna tell us? Was it Frampton? By the way, I knew Rory Gallagher was involved somehow. He was asked to replace Mick Taylor (Jones' replacement) before Ronnie Wood got the gig. Rory supposedly turned it down in order to focus on his own career.

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 3:01 pm

In the interim, here's a new question:

Jeff Beck recorded a song called "Goodbye Pork Pie Hat" on the album Wired.

1. Who originally wrote and recorded the song?
2. The song was a tribute to what musician?

(Manny is disqualified from this one because I talked to him about it the other day)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 3:17 pm

detuned wrote:
In the interim, here's a new question:

Jeff Beck recorded a song called "Goodbye Pork Pie Hat" on the album Wired.

1. Who originally wrote and recorded the song?
2. The song was a tribute to what musician?

(Manny is disqualified from this one because I talked to him about it the other day)

Like the tree said to the lumberjack "I'm stumped". As far as noodle-scratchers go, that's a hum-diddly-dinger of a question. I had to go look it up, so I won't ruin it for anyone that wants to take a stab at that. One hint, think jazz.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:48 pm

Composed by Charles Mingus and a tribute to Lester Young.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 11:32 am

Sorry guys - forgot about this thread.

It was Michael Schenker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 11:48 am

Akeldama is correct

Sax is slow. lol!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:41 pm

What do Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton have in common besides both being members of the Yardbirds?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:51 pm

manny wrote:
What do Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton have in common besides both being members of the Yardbirds?

Neither of them have ever been in my kitchen. Smile

Were both men in John Mayall's Bluesbreakers at some point?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:57 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:

Neither of them have ever been in my kitchen. Smile

Were both men in John Mayall's Bluesbreakers at some point?

No, but I'll give you a hint, both played on two different solo albums by this bassist/vocalist/songwriter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:21 pm

Not sure if this is the answer you're looking for, but both Clapton & Beck played on albums by Billy Preston. (except Preston was a keyboard player)
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:25 pm

detuned wrote:
Not sure if this is the answer you're looking for, but both Clapton & Beck played on albums by Billy Preston. (except Preston was a keyboard player)

Great answer, but no the answer is Roger Waters, Eric Clapton played on Waters 'Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking' and Jeff Beck played on 'Amused to Death'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:30 pm

Damn, I should have remembered that. I was thinking earlier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rock Trivia Thread
Page 11 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 28  Next