Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stormspell's THRASH releases...

Go down 
+7
Lurideath
Thrasher73
Wargod
scottmitchell74
krokus
exact33
ultmetal
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Stormspell's THRASH releases... Empty
PostSubject: Stormspell's THRASH releases...   Stormspell's THRASH releases... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 11:11 pm

Has anyone been following the many Thrash Metal releases coming out on Stormspell? They've released some great, underground, classic thrash. HellHound is fantastic! Chemical Annihilation, Rapid Fire, Lich King, Anacrusis...plus the Thrash Clash series.

PostSubject: Re: Stormspell's THRASH releases...   Stormspell's THRASH releases... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:55 am

The last Drifter and Amulance releases were extremely tasty! Stormy does a well above average job on all of his releases. You can always tell the guys that care about the music, more than the buck, by the quality of the work they release.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stormspell's THRASH releases...   Stormspell's THRASH releases... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 1:08 am

Yup. Just mentioned this yesterday after I ordered Anacrusis, Chemical Annihilation, Raidfire, Natural Spirit, Eldritch Rite, and Held Under.

And it's not just the great music; the whole package rules. I can't say enough good things about Stormy and the hard work he puts into this stuff. He's a dying breed.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Stormspell's THRASH releases...   Stormspell's THRASH releases... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 1:18 am

ALL of stormy's stuff is great!!!

krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Stormspell's THRASH releases...   Stormspell's THRASH releases... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 6:16 am

Yes, i like also many of his releases. I have the two THRASH CLASH cds that i love, and the DRIFTER cd is cool too, with those demos (specialy the first demo is killler).
Also the FATAL VIOLENCE is totaly cool with the extra dvd. I hope this guy is going to release more and more nice cds in the future.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Stormspell's THRASH releases...   Stormspell's THRASH releases... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:59 am

Quote :
And it's not just the great music; the whole package rules.

Yep. I buy his stuff as much for the packaging as anything, but I have the first 4 in the Thrash Clash series. The music is very good, so that's a bonus.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Stormspell's THRASH releases...   Stormspell's THRASH releases... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 11:24 am

Stormspell along with Sentinel Steel are 2 labels that put out great underground metal, also Rockadrome is good as well but are pricey!

Wargod49
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Stormspell's THRASH releases...   Stormspell's THRASH releases... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 7:05 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Stormspell along with Sentinel Steel are 2 labels that put out great underground metal, also Rockadrome is good as well but are pricey!

Wargod49

Sentinel Steel rules!

Alex

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Stormspell's THRASH releases...   Stormspell's THRASH releases... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:24 pm

I Love Stormspells stuff.The Hellhound is a great cd.I still need to get that Chemical Annihilation and Rapid Fire.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Stormspell's THRASH releases...   Stormspell's THRASH releases... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:51 pm

I'm really digging the Hellhound disc. I'll have a review of that one up soon.

Chemical Annihilation is next on my list to check out.

Rapid Fire should be interesting since it's some of the guys from Hellhound and is compared to Metal Church.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Stormspell's THRASH releases...   Stormspell's THRASH releases... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:59 pm

The only Rapid Fire I know is from Phoenix AZ. Is there another band with the same name?

Anyways I like some of the releases. The Thrash Clash stuff is cool and so is that Hellhound!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Stormspell's THRASH releases...   Stormspell's THRASH releases... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 7:58 pm

Stormspell's releases are fast becoming some of my favorites. I also have gotten a lot of great stuff from the distro.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Stormspell's THRASH releases...   Stormspell's THRASH releases... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 8:23 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
I Love Stormspells stuff.The Hellhound is a great cd.I still need to get that Chemical Annihilation and Rapid Fire.

I just ordered tht Rapidfire today.

Wargod49
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Stormspell's THRASH releases...   Stormspell's THRASH releases... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 8:58 pm

One of the very best labels around.
Back to top Go down
steel warrior
Metal student
Metal student
steel warrior

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Stormspell's THRASH releases...   Stormspell's THRASH releases... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 10:02 pm

Not thrash, but Stormspell just released the Narval debut cd, a local band from here that is a side project of Dantesco's singer and guitarrist. For those of you who wants to experience a truly epic version of Rainbow, you should check them out.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Stormspell's THRASH releases...   Stormspell's THRASH releases... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 8:32 am

Lurideath wrote:
The only Rapid Fire I know is from Phoenix AZ. Is there another band with the same name?

Anyways I like some of the releases. The Thrash Clash stuff is cool and so is that Hellhound!

Stormspell just released a CD by a band from California called Rapid Fire. The band is made up of former HellHound members. They recorded a demo in 1992 and then started recording an album in 1993. The album was not finished or released until now. It's called Settle the Score. They have a sound that is similar to Vicious Rumors, Metal Church, Meliah Rage, etc.

PostSubject: Re: Stormspell's THRASH releases...   Stormspell's THRASH releases... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:08 pm

steel warrior wrote:
Not thrash, but Stormspell just released the Narval debut cd, a local band from here that is a side project of Dantesco's singer and guitarrist. For those of you who wants to experience a truly epic version of Rainbow, you should check them out.
I loved the music on that one, but the vocals were too high in the mix. At least they seemed that way on the samples.

Do you have the album? If so, can you rip a full song so I can hear it that way? They sounded excellent, but the vocals were hard to handle.
Back to top Go down
steel warrior
Metal student
Metal student
steel warrior

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Stormspell's THRASH releases...   Stormspell's THRASH releases... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 5:13 pm

Eyesore wrote:
steel warrior wrote:
I loved the music on that one, but the vocals were too high in the mix. At least they seemed that way on the samples.

Do you have the album? If so, can you rip a full song so I can hear it that way? They sounded excellent, but the vocals were hard to handle.

Yes, I have it. Here is a track: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P07X95K2
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Stormspell's THRASH releases...   Stormspell's THRASH releases... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 3:02 pm

The Chemical Annihilation CD is fantastic. The first six songs are chock full of Slayer-ific thrash riffs. Imagine if Cronos from Venom had joined a young Slayer. This CD is what might have come out of that collaboration.

PostSubject: Re: Stormspell's THRASH releases...   Stormspell's THRASH releases... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 3:36 pm

steel warrior wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
steel warrior wrote:

Yes, I have it. Here is a track: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P07X95K2
Ah, much better sound. The singer does seem to struggle a bit, but it sounds a lot better.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Stormspell's THRASH releases...   Stormspell's THRASH releases... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 4:05 pm

steel warrior wrote:

Have that Narval coming anyday now!

Wargod49
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Stormspell's THRASH releases...   Stormspell's THRASH releases... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 7:50 pm

I'll have to give the Narval a second listen. I didn't like some of the vocals the first couple times I heard it, especially on that ballad. (Song 2 or 3 on the disc I think.)

However, I do like most of the other CDs I've heard from StormSpell.

Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Stormspell's THRASH releases...   Stormspell's THRASH releases... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 2:56 am

Mr.Spell is a poet amungst men and his releases are very top shelf. No corners cut with Iordan.

Buy from him regularly and will continue to do so. Especially when he keeps finding unknown Pacific NW metal band ala XINR and Held Under!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stormspell's THRASH releases...   Stormspell's THRASH releases... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stormspell's THRASH releases...
Page 1 of 1