Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are you a geek?

Go down 
+11
SideShowDisaSter
manny
metalinmyveins
TheDoctor'sScarf
MetalGuy71
EvyMetal
Zdan
mc666
Fat Freddy
DeathCult
Metal Misfit
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Are you a geek? Empty
PostSubject: Are you a geek?   Are you a geek? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:17 pm

You might like Panels On Pages then.

If you have any interest in geek culture, please do check it out, sign up at the board, etc. It's a new venture between myself and a few internet pals.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Are you a geek? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a geek?   Are you a geek? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:51 pm

The only comic I ever really read was Heavy Metal, dont know if that makes me a comic geek or not. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Are you a geek? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a geek?   Are you a geek? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:35 pm

Yes. Yes it does.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Are you a geek? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a geek?   Are you a geek? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:42 pm

I'm a retired comic book geek... will have to check that YouTube thingy out later (no speakers on this PC)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Are you a geek? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a geek?   Are you a geek? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:51 pm

i like certain comic books, but i'm not really a geek about it. i don't buy issues religiously or anything. good luck with your endevour though.

Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

Are you a geek? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a geek?   Are you a geek? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:18 pm

I love comic books but I am very special with what I read. I got some series I worship and others which I casually read.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Are you a geek? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a geek?   Are you a geek? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:27 pm

I read some comic books, but not enough to post on a comic books forum, I'll stick to a thread here. Thanks anyway.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Are you a geek? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a geek?   Are you a geek? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:33 pm

Looks pretty cool. My comic book collecting days are long over, but I'm always looking for neat stuff to kill time at work. I'll be checking this out.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

Are you a geek? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a geek?   Are you a geek? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 9:30 pm

I like comics. I like Science Fiction. I like Horror. So yeah, I'm a geek. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Are you a geek? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a geek?   Are you a geek? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:04 pm

As with baseball cards, I had that stage where I was also into comics quite a bit. It's something I wish that I had stuck with. I was never much of a reader when I was young, so no matter the source, it's always a good thing to read. It definitely sharpens up one's vocabulary.

During the late 70's & early 80's, I was mostly into:

1. The Avengers
2. Captain America
3. Spider Man
4. Conan The Barbarian
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Are you a geek? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a geek?   Are you a geek? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:37 pm

I do like comic books, I have not bought one in years but I have been checking them out from the local library, so count me in as a geek. Are you a geek? 337331
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

Are you a geek? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a geek?   Are you a geek? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 2:01 pm

It's been YEARS since I picked up a comic book. I've got 2 or 3 boxes of them in my closet from when I used to collect when I was 12-15.

I should probably put them on eBay or something. Not that I'll make much money from them, I'm just looking to get rid of them, make just a couple bucks, and maybe they'll go to somebody that will enjoy 'em.

Metal novice
Metal novice
Necrosultan

Number of posts : 62

Are you a geek? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a geek?   Are you a geek? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 3:20 pm

I'm a big-ass geek...

Man, back in the day I used to read Disney comic books: That's right, fellas, story tales featuring Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, etc. Needles to say, it was the f*ckin' bomb!

And these were South American press comics, so the stories didn't have the United States strictly kiddie oriented schmiel (censorship). Basically you just had these Disney characters enrolled in Law and Order type of scenarios. Solving kidnaps, robberies, shootouts and the like. Very intriguing stuff.

However those days are long gone. Haven't seen any of those comics in more than 14/15 years.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Are you a geek? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a geek?   Are you a geek? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 5:37 pm

Not a comic book geek, but I am a Pro-Wrestling geek.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Are you a geek? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a geek?   Are you a geek? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 5:38 pm

If being a geek means liking something a lot then i'm a rock/metal geek i guess.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Are you a geek? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a geek?   Are you a geek? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 9:03 pm

In high school.... A friend and myself did our own comic every week and passed it around to all the stoner kids in the school smoking area. (yeah, I am that old) It was called, of course "The adventures of the Stoner Bro's" Who left San Fransisco in 1969 to hitchhike to Woodstock. By 1981 they were only in Montana. We both shared in the story and the ilustrations. Lots of fun and based on stuff we actually did on week-ends. Of course a lil' exageration was to be had.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Are you a geek? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a geek?   Are you a geek? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you a geek?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: